Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:29:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Skegemog and Bellaire Lake Smallmouth fishing May 2018

Started by Bigbass201, May 18, 2018, 10:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbass201

This isn't my first post, but I forgot my password to the Bigbass101 account and couldn't remember the email I set it up with.  I may no longer have that email.  Anyways, I just got back from a several day bass fishing trip up in northern Michigan.  It was a blast!  The smallmouth were just starting to move up on some of the lakes.  We fished the Burt and Mullet Chain, Bellaire, Skegemog, Walloon, and others.  We tried something a little different this year instead of just taking pictures, we decided to make some videos of the trip instead.  This is just a teaser from Skegemog and Bellaire.  It takes time to process all the video footage, so more will be coming soon.  Hope you enjoy the trip.  Probably familiar to those who have been on those lakes.  We had a best five of 22 lbs. 6 oz. from the Burt chain.  There are some giants in there!  Click the link below if you want to see the video.

https://urlzs.com/UpUi6

TheFishinPollock

You missed the spawn on Bellaire by about 2 weeks. Very uncommon to win a club event there with less than 18 pounds. It is probably the best lake in the lower chain for size of fish. Skeg has numbers and size, but Bellaire is less pounded .  I thought I passed you on my way to work in Bellaire that day . I was up the hill in front of you mowing a golf course when you caught your first fish realizing it was such a perfect calm day for pre spawners.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Bigbass201

That is so cool you were up there.  We literally went out there blind, but didn't see anything up yet.  I heard great things about that lake and really wanted to check it out.  It was obvious they weren't up yet.  Beautiful lake.  I wouldn't doubt if the bedding fish are all over the place now.  Especially this week with the warm temperatures you guys are supposed to get. 
Good lake in early September?  I will be back with my wife that week.  I may try to swing over there again.   there was a real nice point out from the ramp. 

TheFishinPollock

It's a great fall lake. Places to hide in wind and oodles of baitfish everywhere. Might even catch the next state record musky.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

LAPORTE

What was the water temp ? We are heading up in a week (next Wed.) I cant wait... 
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Bigbass201

Thanks for the info on the fall fishing.  I will probably give the lake another go then.  Appreciate it.

LAPORTE,  Water temperature was running around 56 degrees.  You should be hitting it spot on at the right time!  Hope you hammer them!