Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 03:29:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Enjoying my new hobby(Pic Heavy)

Started by bassfan586, March 25, 2011, 08:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassfan586

Been playing with blugill colors.  I have it narrowed down.  Just playing with the stripes.

Got one!

bassfan586

These have a darker stripe.....

What do you guys think?   I like them both but am leaning more toward the darker stripe wiht a green outline.  I appreciate the feedback.  Thank you.
Got one!

bassfan586

Here are my gizzard shad.  I did get a chance to net a few live ones of the seawall at work  to get my pics.

Got one!

bassfan586

Pics don't show it but the back is a greyish blue black :)  It looks cool in the sun.  I cant wait to try them this spring.
Got one!

bassfan586

Got one!

Realisticcustombaits

Looking good.  Its addicting isn't it.  Im trying to figure out how to put some pictures on here ill post some pictures of some of my different stripes and patterns to give you some more ideas.

bassfan586

I use photobucket.  Then i copy the img file and paste on here.  Thank you for the compliments.  Its very addicting.  I'm messing around with the bass pattern.  I think it could look a little more real.  Maybe some yellow with the pearl white?
Got one!

Firefighter Jeff

Realisticcustombaits

I think i have the picture thing figured out hopefully it works.  I got a couple of patterns i have been working on to put up on my website that ill post when their done drying, a smallmouth,largemouth, white bass, crappie american shad and some other patterns.  Ill get a photo of all of them and link them up tomorrow maybe.

bassfan586

I like the craw.  Haven't tried that yet.....  Where d oyou get the black eyes?  I have A couple of perch turning downstairs.  Will post pics tomorrow.  C what you  guys think.
Got one!

bassfan586

That what I was shooting for with your bluegil stripes. I loke that look.  Not to bold but not lost on the bait either.
Got one!

Cheetam

Jeff

Realisticcustombaits

I just take some normal eyes and shoot them with a transparent black paint.  That way you can make them with only a slight black haze over them for like a baby bass patterns and whatever else you wanna do with a little darker eyes and just pretty much completely paint them for the craw eyes. 

bassfan586

Thank you Cheetam.  I really like painting.  Its relaxing.  Put the headphones on and go to town :)
Got one!

Realisticcustombaits

Alright got some of my latest baits finished, kind of a variety of patterns any input, ideas or changes that would improve any of them would be greatly appreciated.
white bass, Largemouth, Smallmouth

Pumpkinseed sunfish, Crappie, Tilapia

A few craw patterns

American Shad, Gizzard Shad
Still working on a sculpin and Alwife pattern

bassfan586

Those are real good.  I noticed you didn't have the stripe on your gizzard shad.  I netted a lot of them alive last week in lsc and not one had hte "gold or yellow stripe"  Your white bass is spot on.  Pumpkinseed is cool to.  Trying to come up with the right tourquise before I try it.  Fricken way cool stuff for sure.  I gotta ways to go
Got one!