Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Getting Ready for the Spring!

Started by Cheetam, March 01, 2011, 10:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

Spring's coming!  Right?  Isn't it?  Geez, let's hope so.  Anyways, here's a few pics from the past couple of weeks.  The last one (chartreuse, copper, purple) is one my soon-to-be 7-year-old did up.  I set her up with a new, super secret technique, and she ran with it.  I don't know who had a bigger smile when she was done, her, or me (I think me  ;D).  I'm not resizing these, so let's hope I don't blow anything up... :D
Jeff

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

bob o

River Rat

Very nice Jeff! I'm trying to find words for the bottom pic... it's almost too cool to be ugly but I'll take 4!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

MadWags

I think we shall call it Mardi Gras!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Cheetam

Thanks guys, I'll let her know you liked it.  I thought it turned out really cool.  I'm going to have her do up a couple of deep divers for me in a couple different colors.  I don't see why they wouldn't hammer the smallies on St. Clair and Erie.
Jeff

bob o

make mine a dt14 see ya at the wonderland show or the brewery which ever comes first

bassinman#1

Good job on the cranks Jeff and the last one might be the winner. What kind of pen do you use to sign your cranks, looks like it has a real fine point. I need one.

Cheetam

Quote from: bassinman#1 on March 02, 2011, 03:00:59 PM
Good job on the cranks Jeff and the last one might be the winner. What kind of pen do you use to sign your cranks, looks like it has a real fine point. I need one.
Benny-  I use a Pigma Micron Pen with a .005 tip (.2 mm).
Jeff

bassfan586

I use the same pen.  It was what I used when I was in architecture classes.
Got one!

bassfan586

That bottom lure is cool.  I'll bet will be great for spring smallies!
Got one!

t-bone

I love your daughters paint job - tell her it looks awesome and I hope she catches a monster smallie on it.

You going to sell some at Wonderland this year?
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Cheetam

Quote from: t-bone on March 03, 2011, 09:24:33 AM
I love your daughters paint job - tell her it looks awesome and I hope she catches a monster smallie on it.

You going to sell some at Wonderland this year?

I'll be there Terry.  I may drag Capt. Charlie along as well.
Jeff

dartag

went to BPS after work to buy some stuff.  Ended up with a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI, 3 bank charger and some other stuff.  Filled out the credit ap to get the 10% discount and 100 dollars in bonus bucks.  Lady said it would take 10 minutes.   Was walking around and noticed a bunch of guys crowded around a crankbait rack.  When the crowd cleared I went over and it was the KVD 1.5 rack.  Soooo  I had to buy one also.    Now I have 4 crankbaits. 
Eat your heart out Cheetam.  If your nice I may let you borrow it.

Cheetam

Quote from: dartag on March 03, 2011, 06:54:52 PM
went to BPS after work to buy some stuff.  Ended up with a Lowrance Elite 5 DSI, 3 bank charger and some other stuff.  Filled out the credit ap to get the 10% discount and 100 dollars in bonus bucks.  Lady said it would take 10 minutes.   Was walking around and noticed a bunch of guys crowded around a crankbait rack.  When the crowd cleared I went over and it was the KVD 1.5 rack.  Soooo  I had to buy one also.    Now I have 4 crankbaits. 
Eat your heart out Cheetam.  If your nice I may let you borrow it.

Nah...I had a chance to buy them (silent version) for under $4 at Cabelas last week and passed.  I don't think I own a single Strike King product.
Jeff

bob o

Quote from: MadWags on March 02, 2011, 09:07:35 AM

i'm thinking "Pale Ale" would suit it better

dartag

Quote from: bob o on March 04, 2011, 08:56:47 AM
Quote from: MadWags on March 02, 2011, 09:07:35 AM

i'm thinking "Pale Ale" would suit it better

Maybe  " Tootie Fruity ".   Tell her she did a great job.   

bob o

Quote from: Cheetam on March 01, 2011, 10:05:46 PM
Spring's coming!  Right?  Isn't it?  Geez, let's hope so.  Anyways, here's a few pics from the past couple of weeks.  The last one (chartreuse, copper, purple) is one my soon-to-be 7-year-old did up.  I set her up with a new, super secret technique, and she ran with it.  I don't know who had a bigger smile when she was done, her, or me (I think me  ;D).  I'm not resizing these, so let's hope I don't blow anything up... :D

so jeff, how many orders did you get for the "Mardi Gras" baits? ps, i still want a dt done up (i've got a couple hanging around for ya)

Cheetam

Quote from: bob o on March 31, 2011, 07:04:16 PM
Quote from: Cheetam on March 01, 2011, 10:05:46 PM

so jeff, how many orders did you get for the "Mardi Gras" baits? ps, i still want a dt done up (i've got a couple hanging around for ya)
I think there was more interest from people for that bait than all the others!  We're going to be going into the lab sometime this week or the next and will be painting some up.  What do you want, a DT 14 or 16?
Jeff

bob o

dt14, ive got a couple here i just have to get them to ya