Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Big discounts, personal hookups

Started by 1javelin, February 01, 2011, 09:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1javelin

I know this is touchy, because everyone wants to keep there little secret that way.  But, I am going to drop a lot of money on Humminbird units next month, and Dobyns or Loomis rods, and either Shimano or US Reel reels.  I got a good guy for spinning reels already.  Is there anyone with an inside angle to get me a hookup, because my wife is not going to be a happy camper at all if I can't save some money!!  Thanks everyone!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

djkimmel

Just ask real nice and say PM's are fine. That might work..?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

1javelin

Please please please?? And pm's are fine!!  Thanks!!

1jav

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

1javelin

I live an hour South of Grand Rapids, in Watervliet. Next to Paw Paw Lake area. I'll drive wherever need be though, or I know quite a few people I feel comfortable picking stuff up for me. To lay it all out, I'm looking for either a 998si & 958, a 898si and 958, or if need be due to pricing, an 898si and 858. I'll take used, if the person is reputable and the price is more than fair.
   I want to get 2 Dobyns Champion Extreme spinning rods, 2 Dobyns Champion casting rods and a Dobyns Champion Extreme casting rod. (hint hint Palehorse, I have a sweater and no rods, so what's the most sensitive possible in the right ballpark)
   I also want 2 Shimano Curados. Not my first choice, but good for the money. I would prefer Chronarch Mg, but I'm not paying for the Core.
   spinning reels are taken care of already, thanks to a friend on here. I won't mention names unless whoever offers want me to, just so no one feels used or offended. So, prefer PM is how I should word it.
    Thanks again to all, I'm just trying to get the most for my buck, since this is all I'll get for awhile. Unless I can start winning enough money fishing to fund it!

1jav

Waterfoul

Give Ben at Al and Bob's in GR a call about the Dobyns.  He might (and that's MIGHT) be able to throw together a package deal on a "bulk" order of rods like that.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

LennyB

I bought my 997SI Humminbird recently on ebay for $1400 w/transducer and all hardware brand new. Poor_Fish on Ebay is an excellent seller and usually has 998SI's listed for $1600 w/trans and hardware brand new factory sealed. A seller called thedigetaloasis which is another top rated seller has the 898's for about $1370.

I also have been buying Loomis GLX's on Ebay for anywhere from $200 to $250 Brand New but make sure they have a high seller rating. Loomis IMX's go for about $150 to $200 Brand New also. If you go the ebay route you have to be patient and what for the right rod to be listed in the auction.
As far as Shimano's the going Ebay rate is about $20 to $30 off MSRP.
Good Luck  

1javelin

Thanks MB, I do a lot of cruising on eBay and bought a lot, and my buddy does as well. I know you can find great deals on their, but I'm trying to give people I know a chance to make it happen.

1jav

Cy

Don't forget about BBC.  There selling forums are some of the best.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

MIBasser

I don't know what type of savings you are looking for, but I'm pretty sure D&R has good sales during their Good Friday show.  I am also hoping that either TW or BTD will have another 20% off sale before spring.... free shipping and no tax. 

motocross269

BBC is a great place....

For the electronics hookup I would get ahold of some of the local pros...They swap their stuff out every year and you will know for sure that the bugs are worked out of the system...