Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:23:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Orchard Lake 5/29/06

Started by Langer, May 29, 2006, 04:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Langer

Before I start my report, just wanted to say Hi, My name is Brian and have enjoyed Bass fishing for the last 15 years. I just recently started fishing Tournaments with a guy from work, and am definitely hooked, now I just need my own rig!

Went out on Orchard Lake this morning with hopes of doing better then tourney I fished on Lobdell on Saturday {got Skunked}.  Got on the water about 6:30.  Started out Fishing a weedline that went from about 6  to 15 fow.  Picked up a dozen or so on on Yum Dingers, and Yum Zellamanders.  All Dinks!  Moved over in front of the Island picked up a few more off the weed line along the point before the drop off, one in the 2lb range.  Next headed in towards the island in hopes of finding some beds.  Picked up two smallies 2.5-3lb range back to back  :o on a Yum Dinger Wacky style. (Forgot the Digital Camera)  Picked up a couple more dinks, and some nice sized Rock Bass.  Headed in around 11:30am.  Too many skiers and speed boats for my liking.  Over all its was a good day. ;D ;D  Lots of action even if they were mostly in the 12-13 inch range.
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

dhuff

Hey Brian.  Keep at it.  Orchard lake is a tough lake for alot of guys.  There are alot of dinks in that lake but there are some real nice fish they just seem not to bite to often. 

Are you planning on fishing all of the MOtor city inland division tournments?  It was a tough day on Lobdell for a lot of guys.  You really had to have fish found to do well.  The conditions just weren't to good for boats to just fish without knowing where the fish are.  They were in that stage out there that they were grouped up pretty good and knowing where they were was the big key.  I saw lots of boats fishing in areas with little to no fish in them for this time of year.  Keep at it you will get the tournament thing down.

Langer

Quote from: dhuff on May 29, 2006, 05:57:58 PM
Hey Brian.  Keep at it.  Orchard lake is a tough lake for alot of guys.  There are alot of dinks in that lake but there are some real nice fish they just seem not to bite to often. 

Are you planning on fishing all of the MOtor city inland division tournments?  It was a tough day on Lobdell for a lot of guys.  You really had to have fish found to do well.  The conditions just weren't to good for boats to just fish without knowing where the fish are.  They were in that stage out there that they were grouped up pretty good and knowing where they were was the big key.  I saw lots of boats fishing in areas with little to no fish in them for this time of year.  Keep at it you will get the tournament thing down.

I am planning on fishing as many as my partner wants to fish (his boat), with the exception of next weeks.  So the next one will be be Lobdell again.  We saw alot of fish just couldnt get them to bite.  I heard sight fishing was the way to go.  Partner didnt have the patients to finese fish them and wait for the bite.  Oh well, Will give it another shot in July.  Hoping to hit up a few weekenight tournys as well.  You fish any other NBAA events?  How'd you end up on Saturday?
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

dhuff

My buddy and I that fish the Motor City Inland divison with took 3rd place this year.  We took 2nd in that tourney last year.  Will win it one day here.  On Sunday I drove up to Standish and met MBell there and we fished the Saginaw Bay Challenge series.  That was fun we weighed in 20.80 lbs and I believe we got 3rd or 4th there were only 7 boats which was disapointing.  That is a fun place to fish and there were not the numbers we were hoping for.  I hope others will get out there and fish that division.  We are going to try and fish Tuesday nighters with division 36. 

djkimmel

Welcome Brian and thanks for the report!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.