Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 DK Open East Sat May 14 Lake St Clair Information & Signup Here

Started by djkimmel, December 19, 2010, 11:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

TCook

Quote from: UAWBigDog on February 08, 2011, 09:27:31 AM
Quote from: MadWags on February 07, 2011, 06:43:19 AM
With a grain of salt. ;)
Peace my brother. :-*
Hope all is well. 8)

No problem Wags. You got a great reference from our fearless leader.

Quote from: djkimmel on February 07, 2011, 02:29:54 PM
I don't know if I have ever seen Wags serious...?? Nope can't think of a time.

I have only the honor of interacting with you one time. Had a lot of things going on and we are making the best of a bad situation. In the scope of things in life, it is a small bump in the road that you will hit from time to time. My Grandma used to say, "And this too shall pass." In this instance, no one was hurt and no one died.

I noticed that I got an email from the site that a person had posted something. When I hit the link and it brought me to the topic, this person deleted his post. I would like to commend that person for deleting whatever he wrote. He probably should have never hit "post". It indicates that he posted on emotion and not of common sense and then came full circle and realized he was doing the same thing that he may have had issue with in the past. That would have made him nothing less than the hippocrit that he accused another of being. My Dad used to say that was one of the lessons of manhood. Again kudos to the young man for exercising some common sense.       ;).    Anyway back on subject:  I still don't know if Alec will be playing soccer the weekend of the open. As soon as I find out I will let you know. If I can make it, I will be coming as a boater.

BD.                                  ;D

I am assuming you are talking about me, ya I made a smart *** comment responding to your post and decided it wastnt worth it. Thanks for breaking that down and alerting the glb nation. Almost every day is a struggle to keep my mouth shut on this site regarding your posts.
FISH HARD!!!

MadWags

Well being that we are all human, we certainly have all had our moments. It is best to keep all lines of communication open and do our best to respect each other. Dog I hope all works out for the best, I am sorry my humor caught you at a bad time.

I know it is hard for many on this site to believe but I too am not perfect have on many occasion stuck my foot in my mouth. :D

Let it be known that I am taking a 48 hour sabatical from trash talking. :-X

Then all bets are off once again. :o
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

Gee TCook, do you have a guilty conscience??   ???    I never mentioned any names so you shouldn't "assume" anything.  I paid that person a compliment for taking the low road.  If in fact it was you, don't take it the wrong way!! It was meant to be a compliment. Stop making something out of nothing. All things being fair, I find it a struggle to keep my mouth shut when you post too. I just don't hit the "post" button if in fact that was you, only the ones who have posted here know that......not the whole GLB nation. You don't even know me so how can you pass judgement on me like that. I never passed any kind of judgement on you. Take the same advice you gave me once, go make no fun for anyone else somewhere else. Lighten up. Your going to die at a young age if you don't start taking things with a grain of salt. A very wise man named MadWags just recently was quoted as saying that. Believe me, anything you say about me, I take with a grain of salt because you don't even know me. And oh yeah, why do you keep me in your friends list on facebook if you dislike me so much?? Do you cringe when I post there too??

BD.                        ;D

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

Seems cabin fever has hit BIG TIME. Relax fellas, we're all here to have fun. The ice will melt in a few more weeks.

Skulley

Quote from: mikesmiph on February 08, 2011, 11:51:05 AM
Seems cabin fever has hit BIG TIME. Relax fellas, we're all here to have fun. The ice will melt in a few more weeks.

Thanks for putting all this in perspective Mike. I do have to admit that I am suffering from a bit of cabin fever. But no malice was intended toward TCook. The post was meant as a compliment to that person. It was not written under any "big time" cabin fever. If I had meant any malice, I would have written a personal email to that person where no one else would be involved or have to know. My email would have been way more stern than the version I posted. But there was no need to do that. I harbor no ill feelings toward anyone, even those that don't care for me.  Being the best person I can be and a good Christian, I will pray for those that can't forgive and those that can as well. God Bless TCook and all the members of GLBass.com.

BD.                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Lets please try to keep this thread about fishing or not fishing the spring members' tournament, which is supposed to be about getting to know each other and having some fun. Please.

And bless you Wags.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

stcroixnick

1javelin

Quote from: stcroixnick on February 09, 2011, 12:12:11 PM
ill be there as a non boater

2 posts, both for DK Opens. Come on Nick, this is the place to ask questions from guys that do this all summer long!!  You're going to enjoy yourself immensely I hope!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

MadWags

Skulley

I think the name should be changed to the MadWags Open.   :o

BD                              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Frank

I didnt know i could unpost stuff.  most of the things I post between 2am and 6am should be unposted.  If only I remember the next day that I posted them.  However, I have learned that PWD is far better than Drunk Dialing.

Frank

djkimmel

Maybe MadWags Open... but I would prefer the Great Lakes Bass Open or GLBass Open, for short.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on February 09, 2011, 07:22:49 PM
I didnt know i could unpost stuff.  most of the things I post between 2am and 6am should be unposted.  If only I remember the next day that I posted them.  However, I have learned that PWD is far better than Drunk Dialing.

Frank

I usually offer a warning against drunk posting (or similar) every couple of months. For some reason, not everyone listens... ::)

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on February 09, 2011, 07:25:32 PM
Maybe MadWags Open... but I would prefer the Great Lakes Bass Open or GLBass Open, for short.

Maybe you could alternate names from year to year.  One year the MadWags Open, the next year the McCarter Open, another year the Mikesmiph Open and it could be alternated between the east and the west side of the state from year to year.  It would be great to have this after the season opened on St. Clair so that we could actually see the fish at the weigh in rather that tell fish stories.   :o    I would like to see a fall open on Erie. 

BD                                  ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Skulley

Mojo, my girl is Megan Fox not Meg Ryan and if the new rule is if you post on this thread, you're in the tourney, the I want to draw either TCook or you as my back boater. You because I know we would have a blast and TCook because he could then find out I am not really as bad as he thinks based on posting on this forum. So if Alec doesn't have soccer, "I am all in."

BD.                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Mojo

Dats me boy !

How do I claim this one ????? ok - No one can really get a person who is a true fisherman. One who sniffs the air just before lighting off and knows where to get on fish just based on weather, current, temps,  and turpidity. No one can figure out the guy who goes 8 - 10 hrs completely into each and every cast. Its that kind of person that I really appreciate. With rods and lures, a certain person can paint a mural. Now you Aint always gotta love him, but I appreciate someone who welcomes you in his boat, hands you some brushes as you two go painting the day with 20 - 40 fish.  And that guy is UAW.

And that guy is also Madwags. Going loking for that darn Neeeemawwww !

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

1javelin

Now Mojo, I don't know what kind of fishing you are doing, but when I'm done painting my masterpiece with my rods for a day, I feel like I just spent the day with Megan Fox, and it is officially NAP TIME!! I don't know how many times Tim and I have had to pull over after a tournament for me to crash out while he's already asleep, even if it is just an hour. I'll find fish or burn a lot of gas looking, but I'm never wide awake after the days done. I am whooped!! And Wags is a monster on the lake, that I have witnessed first hand! Can't wait to see all of you again!
  P.S. Mojo, can I go through your custom cranks box and just pick out one gift, please please please ;) ;D

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.