Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:48:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

goin out in the morning

Started by Frank, November 26, 2010, 11:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

I'm going out to that secret warm spot on lake Erie that I keep hearing about.  Leaving Waterford around 4am or so.  I think I've figured it all out on google maps, though I've never been there.  Taking a 15' aluminum boat with a 40 horse on it.  I just fixed it so I really hope it works.  All of my fishing buddies backed out because of work, or cold, or hunting etc.  Anyone have any thoughts on the safety of this?  Do we think my boat can handle this, or am I just crazy and overly addicted to bass fishing?  If all else fails I'll just go to an inland lake and try for some really cold fish.  There is a seat open, I can fit 3 actually if anyone else feels crazy too.  If you do pm me I'll call you later.

Frank

mikesmiph

I'm planning on taking my boat to Tipsico tomorrow. NOT planning on 4am. I think I'll wait for the sun to come up anyway. I still need to winterize it anyway. Good time to do it is when I get done fishing. I think winter is upon us. If you want to come along Frank, you have my number.

Frank

what time are you going, and until when?  I may meet you there on the way back

Got Fish??

I don't know about Erie? May not be a good day for your boat. Sunday is going to be a sunny lite wind day WSW. Good luck and use your better judgement.

LAPORTE

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on November 26, 2010, 11:18:32 PM
I'm going out to that secret warm spot on lake Erie that I keep hearing about. 

I'll be out there around 12:30 or so today give me a shout out if you want to follow... going ouut of Bowells

LaPorte
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

LAPORTE

Not a bad day on the water. Other than my onboard charger took a dump and I had to get out fishing on my buddys boat at the last minute... Here is some pic...  you can catch anything in that there pond.   

Frank

The wind direction scared me.  My boat is too small.  I decided I should have a few beers then go to bed, at 7am.  Around 10 or so Mikesmiph got ahold of me and wanted to go out to Tipsico.  Having slept only 3 hours and being hun over and grumpy, I told him I wasn't sure.  After laying in bed for a half hour thinking that I should be fishing, I called him and said I'm on my way.  Got out there before noon and stayed a couple of hours.  The fish had already swam south for the winter. However, he's fun to fish with and it's still fun to get out there even without any fish.  He had a bite or two.  I only broke one reel, which is good for me this year.  I'm planing on getting out again this week on Watkins Lake, (private lake in Waterford).  I think I might know where the fish are out there, but maybe not.  As long as I get to keep fishing until the water gets too hard for me to break through.

Frank

djkimmel

Glad you got out Frank. Did we get a Watkins Lake report?

Laporte - who did you make take that slimy critter off the hook for you?? Iiiiccckk!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

no ice on my end of Union tonight.  Have to look for Brian B out there.   He is an ice buster.   To cold for me.

Frank

no i haven't been out lately, i keep going to work instead.  My priorities are all screwed up.  hopefully ill get out soon.  pontiac is iced over, but some lakes are still open.

frank

LAPORTE

Quote from: djkimmel on December 09, 2010, 09:09:45 PMLaporte - who did you make take that slimy critter off the hook for you?? Iiiiccckk!

Not to worry I'm a professional  ;)  Ron Foley from South Street Tackle  was the lucky person since it was his crankbait.... that was a nasty critter.