email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another 2010 Giant Lake St Clair Smallie!  (Read 5500 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Another 2010 Giant Lake St Clair Smallie!
« on: September 07, 2010, 08:28:03 PM »

Got this picture recently from my friend Phil Conley. He was fishing the Mile Roads back in May of this year when he hooked into this trophy smallmouth bass of a lifetime - a BIG 7 and a half pound TOAD!!

I told Phil if I'd of caught a smallie that big, I'd be smiling. He said, "I am smiling!!" ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DDBethke

• Authorized Power-Pole Dealer
  • GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • Duane Bethke
  • View Gallery
Re: Another 2010 Giant Lake St Clair Smallie!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »

That is Awesome! :o

Duane
Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

McCarter

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 02:51:54 PM »

still havent made the 7lb smallie club, but here is my biggest of the season from st clair.  6 1/2 lbs.  i like that lake

McCarter himself :-\'

MBell

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:47:58 PM »

still havent made the 7lb smallie club, but here is my biggest of the season from st clair.  6 1/2 lbs.  i like that lake

McCarter himself :-\'
Those are some toads!  You should have just weighed that fish in a bag, then you'd be in the 7lb club.  Funny how so many of those practice weights drop off by 2.5lbs, too bad you can't weigh-in 5 bags with your limit.
-Matt 

McCarter

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:29 PM »

i dont get it, but i will try that next time.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »

I don't either and I'm not in the 7 pound club. My biggest is one over 6 1/2 from the fall 2005 trip to Mullett Lake. It should happen any day now... probably help if I get some patience. Don't have much patience... Like to fish fast when I can get away with it or convince myself I should be able to. Hate to drift and drag. Probably catch a few more big ones if I'd do that. Does anyone have a bell rig I can attach to my foot. I would need a loud one to wake me up when I get a bite while I'm drifting and dragging!!

My biggest on St. Clair was a 6-1 caught during that state championship years ago when I was the 'hero' on day one and the opposite on day 2... sigh...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 03:11:48 AM »

I have not broke into the 6lb club....My wife has though...I hear about it all the time...Every time I take her out she wants to fish that spot..Problem is it was in 4 foot of water in Anchor bay in the spring..... ;D

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »

You know... my wife thinks I'm a much better guide than angler too!! She says I should go into the take tournament anglers out to spots business!! ;D

bassinman#1

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 05:54:54 PM »

Did not weigh this pig from kent, but lets see what you all think!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge