Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 10:48:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Went fishing with cameraguy... no Nancy this time

Started by djkimmel, July 08, 2010, 08:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

But there should have been. Got on one spot using a lure I've been using with a hook I've been using and for some reason, couldn't hook several nice fish in a row!?! Including a big one I lost near the boat??

Not sure what was going on there, but cameraguy put me on a lake I've never been on before. White Lake near Pontiac Michigan.

Interesting lake. I expect cameraguy to have a 'story' or two to tell yet from the day. Didn't tear them up, but I managed to land some keepers, a pike and the biggest Warmouth bass I've ever caught. cameraguy caught some of each too though he kept too busy running more cameras at one time than I've ever seen him do before!! Truly amazing!

Actually sight-fished a small smallie off a bed and had another chaser. Found several small smallies and one largemouth still on beds on July 8th!?! The latest I've seen bass on beds in southern Michigan in a while. Very surprising this year. But not surprising they were all small.

The smallmouth I caught actually was working the bed with another small bass.

Caught bass on a variety of presentations including finesse worms, crankbaits, Texas-rigged Xtreme Bass Tackle Creature baits, Zoom Horny Toads and Xtreme Bass Tackle Slither and Great Lakes Perch tubes.

I'll probably have to fish there again. We didn't check a number of areas because the storms came in and we were about 8 minutes too slow to not get drenched. I tried to 'hurry' getting done without digging out the rain suit. Mistake. I ended up soaked shortly after. :D

It didn't help that 'Bill Fisher' (made up name) decided to slowly launch his boat with his family (starting the gas motor and running while trimmed completely out of the water... the whole deal) seemingly completely unaware of the rumbling giant gray to black clouds coming up over the hills right behind the ramp as they launched with kids and all!?!

When I left, the family was gone in the car hauling the trailer while they left their boat tied to the single dock at the boat ramp. I imagine they were coming back eventually. Hope they left a bilge pump on...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

should have gone to the white lake inn on the east side of the lake.  great food and drinks.    The launch is interesting to say the least.  A truck that joints in the middle would be a great thing to have. 

djkimmel

Especially if you have an extended cab dually!?! We might have made it to the Inn if it wasn't for the big gray clouds doing all that rumbling...

I wonder if those people ever came back and got their boat?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.