Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:05:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hardy fishing

Started by tigar, June 08, 2010, 07:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigar

I dont know much about the lake and have a company outing there this weekend. Any bass advise would be appreciated.

Eric

There have been about 10 tournaments there so far, so people have been there.  I am not one of them though and am therfore helpless to you.  Sounds like the weights have been down significantly though.  Hopefully someone who has been there will chime in.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

tigar

thanks for chiming in yourself and I have always heard its better to be luck than good. I might have to put that to the test this weekend!

Genie

smallmouth spawn is over ... might find largemouth on beds ... best bet is topwater in the morning and a centipede or trick worm on a split shot on big flats with weeds.  Weeds are the key.  Down river is typically better with more flats - up river gets kind of skinny and more specific (compared to down river).  Oxbow area, Sandy beach area, big flat up river from Oxbow, stump flat by Brower park have all produced early and currently this year.

That enough?
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

thedude

with all the tournaments there so far - try genies techniques and start on the lip of the brower park boat ramp.... cuz thats where all the fish are! lol.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Genie

thedude is right - many many many many tournaments recently.  Many of them use Brower park for weighin - there will be fish around that area - re treads baby!
Grand Rapids, MI

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

STEELERBOY29

I was there last week with a buddy of mine.  We fished it hard for 3 days with not a whole lot to show for it.  The fish we did catch were quality fish, just few and far between.  Caught some on tubes, some on skirted grubs, and some on spooks.  Best areas were weedy flats with water from 4' - 8' deep.  We had a mixed bag of SM and LM.  No real pattern.  Water was a lot warmer than we were expecting at this time of year (avg 75°).  

tigar

Wow! I didnt know what to expect when I asked the question. Ill try and put your input along with some luck and see what happens. Another question- lake map for Hardy? Ive looked through earlier posts and seen that they are hard to come by.

Genie

only place to find a map is in one of the map books ... no hot spots or big paper maps.
Grand Rapids, MI

macbass

i fished hardy sunday and it was pretty tough. i did manage to catch 4 fish all on tubes and 3 different colors...first and second from our club was caught on the flat at big bend  and i was third and had big bass and there were miles between the fish i caught not 2 fish in the same area...there were only 20 boats on the flat when i rounded the corner so i just moved on...

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

tigar

You guys are the best, thanks for sharing your wisdom. Im traveling from Ann Arbor area and its going to be an early morning on Saturday so maybe I should sneak a nap here and there.