Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 06:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2010 DK Open East Lake St Clair Complete Results & Pictures

Started by djkimmel, May 22, 2010, 07:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

First place by 1 ounce went to GreatLakesBass.com members MaizeNBlue and stackenem with a big 20 pound 5 ounce 5 bass limit. Good job in conditions challenging for even the great Lake St. Clair with all the cold, muddy water running in. Past champion and perennial top finisher skip johnson (cast n blast) fished with young Bobber to finish 2nd by that 1 ounce margin with 20 pounds 4 ounces. Bobber also landed big bass of the event with a big 6-4 Great Lakes trophy smallmouth bass.

The biggest other fish award went to member marya for a 5-7 sheephead though one member was fortunate to catch their first Great Lakes musky - a big 46 inch toothy beast, musky are not in season until June so marya got the prize.

This was the biggest DK Open to date with 22 boats and 45 participants!

Bobbers big Lake St. Clair smally - not many fish pictures since this was a Michigan spring catch and release 'paper' tournament

BOATERSNONBOATERS# BASSTOTAL WEIGHTBIG BASSPLACE
MaizeNBluestackenem520-54-81st
skip johnsonBobber520-46-412nd
bob oTrux517-00-03rd
LGMOUTHTeam houston516-44-1524th
MadWags1javelin515-144-05th
tboneMIBassKid, nephew515-133-146th
markgoetschmojo514-103-107th
Bass_Catmikeszr800513-90-08th
dartagCy513-80-09th
the dudeJay-MadWags512-140-010th
VinceRtjrock512-134-111th
capt charlies chartersCheetam512-103-412th
Ericfiker512-52-913th
BrianBkyle boe512-30-014th
motocross269TCook512-30-015th
FF JeffRiser145511-90-016th
mjm6bassassisin88511-42-917th
River Ratdborsa510-60-018th
RevtroRyanLuft38-63-1419th
mchesney1974bassman48-13-420th
MikesmiphVeronica36-20-021st
djkimmelmarya25-32-1322nd

1 Big bass winner
2 2nd big bass

The top 4 teams, along with the 2 biggest bass marked down on the official weigh in sheets, were awarded cash prizes. The top six teams also received very nice prizes from all the event sponsors including hats, t-shirts, lures, a WaveSpin reel (big bass winner), gift certificates from Wonderland Marine West and Airway Lanes in Waterford.

Check out the updated online virtual DK Open plaque here: http://www.greatlakesbass.com/dkopen/dkopenhx.html

You can always go to http://www.greatlakesbass.com/dkopen/ for the latest about our members' fun fishing tournaments.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Thanks Dan!
The title says pictures but I only see one.  :D
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

22 teams with 45 participants including children

PlaceWinnings
1$116.00 + Prize Assortment
2$56.00 + Prize Assortment
3$32.00 + Prize Assortment
4$21.00 + Prize Assortment
5Prize Assortment
6Prize Assortment
Big bass$68.00 + WaveSpin reel and prizes
2nd big bass$22.00

Prizes were generously donated by the following great sponsors:
Drop Shot Dennys Bait and Tackle (517-930-1632 macbass on GLBass, macbass0012 at yahoo.com)
A generous selection of his plastics with a nice strong garlic scent

Case Plastics (caseman)
A large selection of their fine plastic lures

Nemesis Baits (McCarter)
A selection of Nemesis' custom plastic lures

Downriver Bass Fishing (River Rat)
A selection of UV Tackle lures

Shurhold.com Everything to Clean, Polish & Protect Your Boat, Car, RV
A number of t-shirts including some for the kids present

Wonderland Marine West (FOB Ralph Blasey)
4 $25 gift certificates

Xtreme Bass Tackle (877-485-2223 WayneC)
Large assortment of custom plastic lures

Airway Lanes in Waterford (fbenn12122000 248-674-0424)
Generous gift certificates including a 10 person bowling party

Jeff Cheetam's Custom Crankbaits (jcheetam)
A good number of custom painted crankbaits

Don Watts (LGMOUTH) is donating a new WaveSpin reel

Angry Jay's Bass Baits (bassassasin88 bassassasin88 @ gmail.com)
Custom painted crankbaits

GreatLakesBass.com & Official Apparel Store
Hats and t-shirts

In addition, Bucketmouth Hand Poured Baits (bhorlings) passed out sample lures to participants, and lures were tossed out to random participants from the various supporters.

Please remember to consider and support the companies that make GreatLakesBass.com possible.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Mikesmiph has really torn up the site since he joined not that long ago. He was the head chef and food person for the newest addition to the DK Open - the big cookout. motocross269 helped out big too. This is a very nice bonus Mikesmiph and Veronica surpised us with - enough cake to feed 2 DK Opens!!

Some of the 2010 spring DK Open East competitors lining up for the big feast while they wait for me to slowly add up all the big catches! Sure helped with the patience part while waiting (MadWags!!!!).

Eventual winners MaizeNBlue and stackemen help me double and triple check the weigh slips due to the very close weights at the top.

2010 Spring DK Open East champions of Lake St. Clair by 1 ounce - MaizeNBlue and stackenem!! 20 pounds 5 ounces of Lake St. Clair smallmouth bass caught from shallow, muddy water.

djkimmel

2nd place by a mere ounce with 20 pounds 4 ounces is Bobber and previous multiple champion skip johnson (formerly cast n blast).

In his first tournament ever, Trux and bob o teamed up for 3rd place.

4th place goes to fall 2009 DK Open West champ LGMOUTH and Team houston (sorry about the blurry picture - I got my cameraman cheap :)).

Crazy man MadWags and 1javelin pulled off 5th place despite the muddy water and looonngg drive for 1jav.

djkimmel

tbone (R) brought along his young nephew (L) and teamed up with MIBassKid for a 6th place finish.

Some of the big crowd waiting for the official results of the Lake St. Clair 2010 DK Open East GreatLakesBass.com members' catch and release bass tournament.

Bobber fished with 2nd place boater skip johnson, and was lucky to land a huge 6 pound 4 ounce smallmouth bass good for big bass of the event.

LGMOUTH's 4 pound 15 ounce bass earned 2nd big bass honors from the teams that declared their big bass on the official weigh in slip.

djkimmel

MadWags

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Firefighter Jeff

Nice job Dan on the results and pics you posted.  We all appreciate the time and effort it takes to do all this stuff.

djkimmel

djkimmel

Quote from: FF Jeff on May 23, 2010, 11:48:18 AM
Nice job Dan on the results and pics you posted.  We all appreciate the time and effort it takes to do all this stuff.

Thanks Jeff. I really appreciate all your friendly words and your great participation.

Does FF really stand for french fry? It's okay if it's a secret. :)

VinceR

Firefighter Jeff

Does FF really stand for french fry? It's okay if it's a secret. :)
[/quote]

Ummmm according to the "TALL" Stackenem it is.  lolol   It was intended to stand for Firefighter.  I do like french fries though.  Unfortunately it could stand for fat figured also.  lolol   What will it cost me to change to Firefighter Jeff  ????  It's not already taken is it????  LMBO  ;D  ;D  ;D

mikesmiph

Stick with french fry, we all love it. The pics and results are great Dan. Funny how on my first trip to St Clair, the only boat we beat was the one we were following. I'll have to work out the reasoning on that one lol. Veronica and I went out locally today. Got out there for 15 mins and the t-motor battery went dead. We both agreed it was a good thing we didnt go all the way back to St Clair. Would have been more disappointing. But, we will be back there. Just got to figure out why the charger didnt work this time. We had a ball, and are already talking about the fall DK Open. Count on us being there.

MadWags

I gotta tell ya Dan, after looking at the pictures, Herman and I look stunning!. I am worried about Maize n Blue and Stackenum. There is something going on there.

1javelin

Quote from: MadWags on May 23, 2010, 05:27:44 PM
I gotta tell ya Dan, after looking at the pictures, Herman and I look stunning!. I am worried about Maize n Blue and Stackenum. There is something going on there.

I have to agree with you Wags, though I thought Team Houston and LGMouth looked pretty good also in their team photo!!

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

djkimmel

Quote from: FF Jeff on May 23, 2010, 04:22:20 PM
Ummmm according to the "TALL" Stackenem it is.  lolol   It was intended to stand for Firefighter.  I do like french fries though.  Unfortunately it could stand for fat figured also.  lolol   What will it cost me to change to Firefighter Jeff  ????  It's not already taken is it????  LMBO  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well, Mikesmiph wants you to keep the present name, but if you want to change for real, just PM me. I'm sure Firefighter Jeff is available.

Firefighter Jeff

Well, I assumed everyone would know what it represented.  Ok a test,  who's the first to tell me what FD stands for........ this should get really interesting  lololol  keep it clean..... don't want Dan throwing me off the site  !!!!  lolol

mikesmiph

French Dogs. These are a common food in many places. They are hot dogs fried in the same grease as the french fries. Very healthy for you.

Team houston

Thats funny 1javelin. Thats what I was thinking also LOL.