Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 16, 2024, 12:28:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Anyone been to Hardy lately?

Started by STEELERBOY29, May 19, 2010, 11:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

STEELERBOY29

Anyone been to Hardy lately?  I have my annual spring pilgrimage up there in two weeks and was hoping for a recent fishing report.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

thedude

haven't been there in 2 weeks. it was slow then, heard its been awful lately. the warm-up and a few day of stable weather should help. going tomorrow probably
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

STEELERBOY29

Yeah, let me know how you do if you go up tomorrow.  Weather looks warm and stable for the next 10 days, so I hope that helps turn them on.  Really hoping for a good smallie bite when I go up there after Memorial Day.

thedude

Quote from: STEELERBOY29 on May 19, 2010, 12:33:49 PM
Yeah, let me know how you do if you go up tomorrow.  Weather looks warm and stable for the next 10 days, so I hope that helps turn them on.  Really hoping for a good smallie bite when I go up there after Memorial Day.

lol. you and everyone else in NBAA and Lake Drive :)
Palehorse Custom Rods

STEELERBOY29

Yeah, I know there's a tournament up there the 29th, I think it is.  I'm actually going up there June 1st and camping for a couple of days at Brower.  Hopefully some people that fish the tournament will chime in on this post with their tournament results.

fasttrack

Just have thedude take ya on a guided trip down river on Croton. He probably wouldn't charge ya much either. (sorry dude, couldn't pass a chance at a free jab)
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

oldjigger

Waterfoul

Quote from: oldjigger on May 20, 2010, 06:42:16 PM
Hardy is on fire

It wasn't on Monday.  2.5 hours... only 4 bites between 2 guys and no fish landed... and we looked for beds most of the time and just coudn't find any (we fished in/around/up and down from Brower Park.  Granted it was cold, cloudy, and windy that day.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

i don't know oldjigger personally - but i'm pretty sure the term "tongue-in-cheek" applies to his post ;D

was there last night. fish are starting to make beds but nothing was locked on. saw fish shallow roaming near bedding areas but no biters. water temps 65 main lake, 70 in the cuts. managed a short and a small keeper. keeper was in 15 FOW. Regardless of when the fish bed, i wouldn't plan finding any occupied on June 1. They will be picked over heavily over the weekend. In fact - brower park might be the best place to fish since they will all get released there! lol.

as far as a guided trip on croton or hardy - sure - 250$ for a half-day.  i'll pay for the gas and bring some beer. You'll have a great time as long as you don't mind not catching anything but pike and love beer. ;D ;D

oh yeah - NO REFUNDS and bring your own jerkbaits!
Palehorse Custom Rods

oldjigger

well I tell you we were there all day and caught lots of fish off beds.  I would say 25 to 30 fish.  all smallmouth and all on beds.  fished in dirty and clear water

fasttrack

Dude, sounds like oldjigger might get your guiding business instead. Unless the beer is really cold and unlimited refills. :D
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

macbass

guess there is no need for me to go and practice next friday..old jigger has them all spoted just follow him around all day...

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

thedude

Quote from: oldjigger on May 21, 2010, 09:06:52 AM
well I tell you we were there all day and caught lots of fish off beds.  I would say 25 to 30 fish.  all smallmouth and all on beds.  fished in dirty and clear water

i was referring back to a post earlier this week over on michigan sportsman is all
That might explain why we saw a bunch of empty beds though!
Palehorse Custom Rods

Ranger5Smallie

There are no smallies on the beds...we got ours in 20' on jigging spoons!   ;)