Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:19:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

White Lake, Oakland Co. 4-24-10

Started by mikesmiph, April 24, 2010, 05:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Had some good and some bad. Finally got out after the threat of storms passed. Got out there and found out that I winterized my boat just fine. Everything worked, the motor ran great (after burning off the fogging oil). Found Mccarter and Bobber, just about in time to go to lunch. Had a great lunch with a bunch of great people. Must have been more than a dozen of us. Veronica and I continued to fish after lunch, and got skunked. Not even a bite. Guess I have to learn how to fish, because everyone else said they were catching fish. Had to get my feet wet loading the boat, but got it out just fine. Safe drive home. All in all, not a bad day. Veronica had a great time anyway, and thats all that matters.

Cheetam

Good seeing you and Veronica again Mike.  Dartag and me ended up catching 30+ fish or so (not counting pike).   All largemouth and one smallmouth.  Our biggest fish was about 3.5 with a couple others around 3.  Caught quite a few 2 pounders.  We got them on jerkbaits, dropshot, crankbaits, spinnerbait, and jigs.  I was really surprised to see and catch bedding fish (most that we saw weren't locked on though).  Water temps were between 52 and 57 or so. 
Jeff

bassinman#1

Today I just fished off the shore at Kent, did not want to get the boat wet just yet. Had a fun morning, caught 8 keepers and 2 dinks in under 2 hours in one spot. I downloaded the video with some of my best fish today, you can go to (Browse Videos) at the front page and check it out, there is 2 to watch.

Durand Dan

Got to Lobdell early figuring it would be crowded. I saw one other boat all day. I Caught some nice keepers on a Rattle trap and Spinner baits. Also caught the biggest Pike I have ever seen! That thing could have swallowed a 5lber whole. What a struggle. I tried to measure it with my golden rule but it kept trying to eat the boat. Released alive and well. Don't ever go swimming there. ;D

Manxfishing

Hats off to you Jeff if you caught 30 or so

We ended up with just 3, 2 pike and more then a few bite offs
Or best bite was on a bitsy jig with a grub in 10 fow
Caught nothing on the north side of the lake and we spent the morning over there.

dartag

our day starte off fast.  caught my first fish at 7:05 am.  Caught another about 5 min later.  Jeff caught one on his new dorp shot rod and was all smiles.   we followed the shore and caught a few more.  Jeff started catching them on one of his crankbaits.   we noticed most fish were near pockets but offshore.  Jeff caught one on a jig so I got my jig rod out and pretty much used it the rest of the day.  We headed back into a small bay and proceded to get the boat stuck on a sandbar.  I started the big motor and really got it stuck. Off come the shoes and socks and we got to go wading.  Them Rangers sure are heavy to lift and push.  ( sorry Jeff ). I am sure it looked comical from the bank.   Jeff was rewarded on the way out with a nice largemout off a bed with a spinnerbait.  I caught quite a few swimming the Jig.  We headed in for lunch at noon.  Lots of laughs and met some new folks.  After lunch we headed down the bank to try and find some bedding smallies.  We found a pair under a dock but they were more interested in each other than our bait.  We left them to have there fun.  We went back by the launch and caught quite a few more on the Jig and Crank. 

We did catch quite a few toothy critters but we won,  since they only got 1 of Jeffs baits and none of mine.

fishon1219

Same report as Jeff and Dartag for us as well. We caught at least 30 bass with the majority being in the 2lb range and the biggest was 18 1/2 on the golden rule. Most fish came on the jig and a few on a super george.  Lost one jig and a pointer 78 to the toothy critters.

Started right at the launch and trolling motored it all day. Didn't even fire the big engine since I dont have a prop.

All fish came off shore in about 6 feet of water in little turns in the drop or pockets. One area in particular the fish were stacked up and roming on a flat adjacent to some prime spawing area.

Good time with a bunch of great people.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

We chased the smallies for the majority of the day and found them more than willing to swipe at a jerkbait.  I think we only landed 3 smallmouth and lost 10 or better.  the ones that did make it to the boat were barely hooked but hooked none the less.  lost a real good one when he came up and jumped and sent my jerk 5 feet in the air.

The largemouth were a little more willing to eat.  ended up catching 10 or so using jerkbaits, drop shot gobies, sniper worms, and jigs.  missed 4 or 5 bites on rat l traps, and Bobber lost a state record smallmouth on a silver buddy.  I had one bite on the buddy and also snagged a 4" bluegill in the belly on the buddy.

It was a fun day and was good to get back out on White. 

McCarter himself :-\'

Flippin222

After the morning soccer games we finally made it to White Lake about the time everyone was sitting down for lunch. Jarrod, my son, decided he wanted to fish instead of eat (God bless him), so off we went.

We didn't catch much in the 2 hours we had. I believe we caught 5 largemouth and one pike. Nothing of any size, but we did find a couple of good fish on beds. I left them for Jarrod, but he couldn't get them to bite. I told him we would come back and he could have another go at them.

Well we got back out there and this is what he managed to catch....

He was almost as happy as I was  ;D

Of course I won't hear the end of it until I get a few bigger than those. Guess we will be back at it this weekend.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

Thatcher

Does White Lake have descent size Bass in it?

McCarter

it has some tanks in it.  it gets increasingly harder to fish as the water and weather gets warmer.  the power boaters take the lake over.

McCarter himself :-\'