Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 04:27:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Sat Apr 24 CR opener White Lake Highland twp.

Started by dartag, March 13, 2010, 04:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

Planning on spending the opener there.  Fish till noon then hit the White Lake Inn for lunch,  then fish the afternoon. Should be great spawn or pre-spawn fishing.  That lake has a ton of junk on the bottom.  Anyone else interested???   

Durand Dan

mikesmiph

I'll sure plan on being there, but no promises yet. Have to see how work pans out.

Flippin222

Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

dartag

Quote from: Durand Dan on March 13, 2010, 05:05:26 PM
Sounds like a plan. I've never fished it!
I think you will like it.  great sight fishing lake.  clear water with sandy bottom and lots or rocks.  good mix of smallies and largemouth.  Jig eatin of pike too.

McCarter

maybe i will join you guys.  havent been out there in a while

McCarter himself :-\'

dartag

3 weeks to go.  hope this weather holds up.  they will be shallow by then...

Frank

let me know what time, im in, but may quit a little early

Frank

dartag

6 more days and we get to go fishing and talk about it.  Cheetam and I will be there about 7 am. My plan is to fish till noon then head to the Inn for lunch then fish the afternoon.  The Inn is on the east end of the lake.  Lots of docks for tie up.  If you have never fished white there are a couple SHALLOW islands in the lake.  Check the DNR lake maps or ask one of us that have been there.    We will be in a white Ranger 185. 

see ya on the water

steve smith
commerce, mi

mikesmiph

Meant to mention this yesterday, but I will here. I checked out the ramp the other day. Very limited parking, I counted 12 spots. Get there early.I have a lake map, and a copy of the DNR map. Need some pointers, never been there before. Veronica and I will be there before 7. Bear with me, its going to be the first time in the water for the boat. Have to de-winterize it. Might start hard. I dont know, this is all new to me. I used to take my motor off and carry it into the house LOL.

Frank

Ok, I cant make it.  2 kiddie birthday parties that day.  here's some pointers though.  From the m59 side, facing the big long island, a few hundred feet before it is a sandbar, "the horse shoe", very shallow in the center.  all sides of this may produce well, smallies inside and large outside.  Yellow spinnerbaits often work well here but you will get torn up by pike also, and yes, that was yellow, not chartruese.  to the right side of the sand bar, towords shore around 10 ft of water is gravely bottom, smallmouth will be staging there, dropshoting this area is often how to win the tourney.  to the left side of the island, past the island towords shore, little island has good largemouths on docks.  way back towords 59, (lasalle blvd) little channel that opens up at the end with an island, good largemouths, maybe not this early though.  If your in that channel and catch a 4 to 4.5lb large mouth with a black spot under his jaw please put him back.  My 5yo nephew feeds him and catches him every year.  Also, if you are doing opening day, or the tuesday tourneys out there, it IS a live bait allowed tournament, kinda weird.
If my schedule changes and i can go with you guys ill let you know cuz i can get the launch key.

Frank

Frank

Find the horseshoe BEFORE you go flying around the lake.  I haven't ben out there yet this year but if the waters low it will be only inches of water.  Your prop WILL HIT GROUND.  Google map it, it shows up clearly.  and if your going to go around that little island to the left of the big one, wear light colors, there is a wasp nest somewhere in there and they like black shirts.

Durand Dan

I plan on being there. If there is anyone who wants to ride along PM me. As of today I don't have a partner.

McCarter

frank, let me know if anything changes and you can be ther, i will bring your jigs...otherwise maybe we can hook up sometime this week.

I will be there with Bobber.  Looking forward to fishing out there again.

McCarter himself :-\'

Frank

ill be driving by there at about 10:20 and could meet you at a dock to pick them up.  either at the dock by the privat launch on lasalle or the dnr dock if youd like.  if so, give me your # and ill call you when im about 10 minutes away.

Frank

Skulley

White Lake has always been one of my favorite inland lakes in the Detroit area.  I still do fish it periodically.  However, for the opener I am headed to St. Clair.  I am 40 minutes from White Lake and 40 minutes from St. Clair.  I will always choose the big water first.....even Erie.  Have fun out there fellas.  If all of a sudden they have small craft warnings on St. Clair, I may show up. Big Smallies and big Largemouth in that lake.  Good Luck!!!

The White Lake Inn does have some good food......and above all good brew.

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bob o

i'm joining you guys for the opener, i will be early, well that's the plan anyway. does the ramp still only have 14 parking spaces? (the reason to get there early) bring rain your gear

mikesmiph

Durand Dan

Looking on Google Earth it looks like 13 or 14. If you are driving in without a boat try to stack your vehicles in the space or park elsewhere to free up space

MIBasser

Are you guys launching from Duck Lake Road? 

After looking at the weather I think LSC is out for me so I might be joining you guys.  Plus it's only an hour door to door. 

Andy