Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:12:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

You're top couple things from the Novi show???

Started by Waterfoul, January 11, 2010, 01:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterfoul

For me it's always the people.  I love meeting new people and spending time with old friends!!  Hope to see all of you in Grand Rapids next month.

I also like the Deerings Market jerky booth!  I think those guys knew me by name before the show was over.  I mean heck... if you're going to buy some jerky... you have to try them all right?  Twice!!!  I settled (after many samples) on the new Sweet Jalepeno Turkey.  As a matter of fact, I'm eating it now!  Yum!

I will also tell you this:  When a salsa says "Stupid Hot!!" on the label... believe it!  I felt really stupid for about an hour!!  LOL!!!!  Martin would agree when I say that I'll never learn....

Liked the Legend Alpha 1 boat.  Loved all the "new" soft plastics makers and dealers.  I didn't buy a single hard bait (that I can remember).  That was last years quest... bolster the hard bait arsenal.  Still have most of them so I refrained and "forced" myself to research all the new soft baits I could find. 

A special thanks to Dan Kimmel and Ralph Blasey (FOB here on GLB).  They did a great job making the trip from GR more than worth the drive!

And I'm with you Ralph... I definitely have FOB!!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

I had a ball signing up new members and talking up GLB! No other site like it!

Eric

The number one thing about every show I go to is the time I spend talking to friends I haven't seen or talked to since last year.  It must stink to be the guys who go with me, because every five feet I am stopping to talk to another fishing buddy.  The number two thing is probably being able to see and get some of the baits that you hear and read about, but no one else within 100 miles of home has ever heard of.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

FOB

Thanks Waterfoul ( Hopefully goose hunting this week  :) )  
I too want to thank all the GLB members old and new alike for stopping by the booth.  It was great talking to each of you.  I personally just enjoyed the whole show, getting out after the holidays, and seeing everyone.  Restocked my used inventory and picked up a couple of new things.  This first show always helps the winter go by quicker, and sets the stage for an earlier spring.  
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

mikesmiph

The best part for me was seeing Veronica relate to all the grown men. Hopefully this is just the start for her. Sure put a smile on her face with her new Grandt rod. She loved talking boats and baits with you guys. I did too. The new boats are awesome. Got a lot of new baits for myself. Going to try everything this summer. And, last but certainly not least, spending time with you guys. I said in another post on here, its like I have a whole new family. Thanks

Mike S.

I went to the Novi show for 3 reasons....1)  To meet more of you guys, and see the ones of you I allready knew.  Did it.  2)  To buy a new Grandt rod for myself.  Got one.  3)  Had to meet KVD.  As you may have seen on another post....I did.

Cheetam

Definitely Kim Stricker's roast.  Absolutely hilarious.  KVD has been bumped up a couple notches on the "dude" latter after seeing him at the roast.
Jeff

Mike S.

I missed that.  I just fell down the dude ladder.  Don't tell my wife I was ever on it.  Just kidding.

skeeterman190

I agree w Cheetam that was an awesome deal...
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

bigjc

Quote from: Durand Dan on January 11, 2010, 02:23:33 PM
I had a ball signing up new members and talking up GLB! No other site like it!

Nice to actually meet u Dan

thedude

Quote from: jcheetam on January 11, 2010, 07:48:51 PM
Definitely Kim Stricker's roast.  Absolutely hilarious.  KVD has been bumped up a couple notches on the "dude" latter after seeing him at the roast.

just remember - many may climb the ladder, but few reach the top.

it ain't easy being THE dude.

8)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

Quote from: Eric on January 11, 2010, 02:43:10 PM
The number one thing about every show I go to is the time I spend talking to friends I haven't seen or talked to since last year.  It must stink to be the guys who go with me, because every five feet I am stopping to talk to another fishing buddy.  The number two thing is probably being able to see and get some of the baits that you hear and read about, but no one else within 100 miles of home has ever heard of.

You may not have much of bait selection up there... but you do have cool things like sandwich eating deer!! Good to see you and your posse.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I've never had so many people come up just to say hi at one show!! Thanks so much to all of you for a GREAT show!! The 'family' is getting bigger this week too thanks to the excellent work of many of you. Durand Dan, you should be in sales! Actually, a whole bunch of you should be in sales... oh, some of your are of course.

Mike S.

I signed jjewett up on his phone while we were sitting at the hotel pool after the show.  He was being a girl, so I did it for him.  He was even being shy, and wouldn't talk to KVD!  Can you believe that Dan?  You remember the big bald guy walking around with me that bought the Grandt?  That's him.

djkimmel

Yeah. I saw one BIG feller who was also shy around the #1 Angler in the World! His wife made him get his picture taken. Aw shucks... ;D

Shoot! I forgot to get my picture taken with him... I think I took 3 or 4 persons pictures for them with KVD. Did have some fun talking to him about peacock bass fishing (leaving Saturday!!!!!!!!)

Dan

I just saw an article on the web about several anglers that have gone down to Brazil to fish for peacock and were themselves put on the menu by a native uprising. Be careful, I hear they really like red snapper.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

skeeterman190

yeah Justin"thedude" i think u fell a few notches on the ladder.. cmon the dude wouldnt miss 4 that haha.. nice deal w the ford though haha.. missed ya bro
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

Red snapper?? haha hope Dans packin a trout..haha Have fun Dan wish i had more time to talk w ya at the show good luck bud..
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

djkimmel

Thanks. Just happy to be going for the first time in my life.

I trust Ron Speed Jr and Exotic Outdoor Adventures to keep me from getting snapped up! The plan is for the only snapping to be done by 20+ pounds mean peacock bass!!!!