Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:14:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

"Grand Daddy" of the 2010 Michigan Tournament Season??????

Started by ROI Outdoors, December 07, 2009, 11:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motocross269

You guys should try MX racing if you want to see crappy payouts......Look how much pros make for an outdoor national...

With that being said...Payouts are nice, but take a look at how much Mark Modrok, Joe Balog, or any of the other top guns made last year fishing...Joe won a BFL on LSC and I bet he barely broke even for the year..Mark struggled some last year in tournaments..My point is if it is all about money and payouts then you are in the wrong business...I eventually want to beat the best tourney fisheman in Michigan(When time and money permits)...The best tourney fisherman Fish the BFLs, NBAA and the Federation State Fish offs...Why??? Because of the opportunity to advance to a bigger field and try to beat the best in the country....One thing that I have noticed is the best fisherman that I have fished with in this state don't say much about the payout..I have sat and listened to the Balogs and Modraks at the ramp...They want to beat their buddies...The cash seems to me to be secondary...

I can make more money working a side job or whatever on a weekend.....I want to "Win" tournaments...Everything else is a bonus....

Big money tournaments are a blast and you guys have some great opportunities to build something on the west side..I would go for it... just as Dan said though, not everyone fishes tournaments for a big payday that day....

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: senkoluvr on December 17, 2009, 09:47:59 PM
Grassmonkey I see on the ROI "website" You did well in the tournaments! How much did you make? How much did you spend? What Do you think one of the top guys in the BBT maid How much did they spend? Who came out on top?  :-\' if there was 25 boats at ROI that would be a fare comparison,I can't help how many come participate,only that if they do the pay will be there....i can say that out of the 75 boats that fished the muskegon bbt,I made more money than 71 of them in an 8 boat tournament ??? ::)

My whole point is no one will run a good tournament for free! Not for long anyway. If we all get behind 1 or 2 or 3 tournaments they will grow. I don't care if it is ROI, BBT, NBAA, SHoreline, Or the RNFL (Red neck Fishing League) I just want to see more than Lake Drive pay out big! # tournaments a year that pay good is not enough for me. ;)exactly my vote is for ROI and LAKE DRIVE and TOP BASS ;D

The problem with a "NEW" tournament is everyone is in the wait and see mod and from the 1st year performance of ROI it looks like it will be a wait and see year for them again..... I see all kind of we have this and we will have that but it is all just talk when will we see some guarantees on paper? It seems that every post you go to The ROI crew has a "NEW" plan and it is differant than the last post that they have put up.... :o luke might be hashing out the details on a few things but for the most part 96% was paid everytime,I myself collected the small (tak'in what there giv'in)angler of the year prize of $250 and second was $125 out of lukes own pocket :ocan't ask a guy for more dedication then that,luke gave out numerous GOOD hats and shirts last year(i seem to have a wardrobe full ;D) and his wife even fed us at one of the tournaments...(i noticed there was no leftovers ;D)....I'M JUST SAYING SENKOLUVR i'm willing to support someone like that :-*

Why don't you think there is a tournament out there that is doing the 100% payback deal it is not a new concept, Even the Big Boys in B.A.S.S female dog about the pay back But they know that some one has to put it all together, it won't happen on its own it takes alot of work. Work that is not free. I know I don't work for free and I am sure none of you guys do. What if your boss came to you and said I am cutting your pay so I can give our customers a better price, You all would say BS!
that is why the big boy's have the P.A.A and watch it grow this year!!!
AS far as the work comparison,I didn't hire anyone,at this level tournament directors become tournament directors so they can fish for free :o :o
in the end senkoluvr were about the same people if what u said about "u don't care who's running the tournaments" then i've already fished BBT and NBAA and SHORELINE and made my decision not to fish,u should try 1 ROI tournament before u make your decision not to fish???????

motocross269

The BASS Opens are 100 percent payback on the pro side....I am surprised those opens don't fill up the first day..

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: motocross269 on December 18, 2009, 03:47:55 AM
The BASS Opens are 100 percent payback on the pro side....I am surprised those opens don't fill up the first day..
for real,i did not know that and it surprise's me.......are u sure motocross

gr@ssmonkey

;D ;D now back to your originally programed show ;D ;D

my vote is for any june date at CHARLAVOIX with all entries in by april 30

gr@ssmonkey

I would rather fish a 150 boat tournament that pays 4000.00 and have the director take 10 or 20 percent, than fish a 20 or 30 boat tournament that pays $500.00 and the director is free.
In the end it cost me the same in gas, entry, and launch fee.

lets not kid ourselves..u would pay gas and launch fees at any given fishing trip only the entry matters to me thats what i wouldn't have paid if i wasn't in a tournament.......

and i wouldn't mind fishing a 150 boat tournament for $4000 but i wouldn't mind fishing a 20-30 boat tournament that would pay $2000(which if u would just show up and fish ROI would pay)

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on December 18, 2009, 12:59:23 PM
;D ;D now back to your originally programed show ;D ;D

my vote is for any june date at CHARLAVOIX with all entries in by april 30

So we've got 4 or 5 votes for the Detroit River on Oct. 9th and 1 vote for Charleviox in June. 

What kind of tournaments have 150 boat fields that pay back $4000 for 1st?  Is there some $50 entry tournament pulling 150 boats somewhere?  $100 entry @ 150 boats should at minimum go $6000 for 1st. 

Maybe it should be called The Angler's Chosen ONE - Grand Daddy just automatically makes me think about the Tournament of Roses Parade and boring Big Ten offenses.
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

motocross269

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on December 18, 2009, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: motocross269 on December 18, 2009, 03:47:55 AM
for real,i did not know that and it surprise's me.......are u sure motocross

yep...check the payouts..With a field of 175 anglers they pay 175 thousand bucks...Pretty cool..I am beginning to warm up to these BASS opens...Co angler for a year or two then off I go...

I like the Detroit river...Charlevoix is awesome too...I will vote for the Detroit river in October....October 8th is my birthday so maybe I can use that as an excuse to hit one last tourney for the year....

ROI Outdoors

yep...check the payouts..With a field of 175 anglers they pay 175 thousand bucks...Pretty cool..I am beginning to warm up to these BASS opens...Co angler for a year or two then off I go...

I like the Detroit river...Charlevoix is awesome too...I will vote for the Detroit river in October....October 8th is my birthday so maybe I can use that as an excuse to hit one last tourney for the year....
[/quote]

That's 6 solid votes for Oct. 9th on the Detroit River, Charleviox still sits at 1 vote.

Waterfoul

darn dude... do you ever sleep?

Put me down for Muskegon in late September some time....
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

sterk149

What about this concept guys - take the top 5 boats from every tournament circuit in Michigan and hold a tournament ( The title would be the REAL Michigan state Champion) see who really is the best fisherman in the state! NO one has ever put something like that together before - TBF and BF they do a state championship but that just isn't the same - their clubs are mostly just paper tournament and most of the guys fishing didn't earn they Way there  ( not saying all of them, just most ).
Camp & Cruise - Sales
RDT- Reel Deal Tournaments - Owner/ tournament director

Chad@campandcruise.com

Frank

I have a few thoughts on this.  I fish NBAA and a few local tournaments.  The reason I fish these is because I know about them.  This forum and topic actually gives me more info on where I can fish tournaments than the many hours of searching the web I have done.  We need a place to find all this info.  Someone mentioned roy randolph and that by far has more info than i have ever found.  ROI sounds interesting though i can not seem to find it, nor can i find lakes and dates.  NBAA has there calender about full for 2010 so for now i am going to schedule my summer around that and my partner.
if you want to start a new tournament, try searching for it on the net and if you cant find it neither can others.  type in bass tournament michigan on the net, only a few come up, including greatlakesbass.com wich is how i found this site.

Also,
for a 200 boat tourney has anyone ever tried to do multiple lakes at one time?  Example: 4 lakes with 50 boats each for 2 days.  get 50 pts for first and 1 for last on your lake.  next day new lake same set up.  most points wins.   Just an idea....

Waterfoul

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on December 20, 2009, 05:16:53 PM
I have a few thoughts on this.  I fish NBAA and a few local tournaments.  The reason I fish these is because I know about them.  This forum and topic actually gives me more info on where I can fish tournaments than the many hours of searching the web I have done.  We need a place to find all this info.  Someone mentioned roy randolph and that by far has more info than i have ever found.  ROI sounds interesting though i can not seem to find it, nor can i find lakes and dates.  NBAA has there calender about full for 2010 so for now i am going to schedule my summer around that and my partner.
if you want to start a new tournament, try searching for it on the net and if you cant find it neither can others.  type in bass tournament michigan on the net, only a few come up, including greatlakesbass.com wich is how i found this site.

Also,
for a 200 boat tourney has anyone ever tried to do multiple lakes at one time?  Example: 4 lakes with 50 boats each for 2 days.  get 50 pts for first and 1 for last on your lake.  next day new lake same set up.  most points wins.   Just an idea....

ROI information is here (website will soon be updated)

http://www.roioutdoors.com/
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

senkoluvr

Who is the head of ROI it seems like there are a lot of guys posting what will happen and what won't happen. Who can I talk to is it Waterfoul, Grassmonkey, Sterk, or ROI?

Waterfoul

ROI (luke) is the spear head behind it.  The rest of us are simply being supportive and helpful because we believe in the ideas that the circuit is based on.  Sterk is director of the premier series on the Lakeshore, I myself will probably be directing at least one of the weeknight series and Grassmonkey is simply (at this point!) a good friend and great angler.

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: senkoluvr on December 21, 2009, 05:31:56 PM
Who is the head of ROI it seems like there are a lot of guys posting what will happen and what won't happen. Who can I talk to is it Waterfoul, Grassmonkey, Sterk, or ROI?

PLEASE senkoluvr...enlighten me with a single what will happen and what won't happen at ROI in this post........I don't see it......... ???  u remind me off some one sinkoluvr...hhmmmmm.... :o :o lol

Frank

why so much discussion about how many boats.  If your tournament is on a day and time i can fish, i will fish it so count me in, so there is one more boat for sure.  If there is two boats, im gonna win, if there is 200 boats im gonna have a lot harder time, but i should still do good.  it dosn't matter all that much because i'd just go fishing for free if there wasn't a tournament at all.  we should all just show up and try to win.  we'll still have fun because we still love to fish.  A bad day on the water is still more fun than being at home casting hookles lures around my house for my cat.

ROI Outdoors

August 1st Wonderland Open - lets all go to that and hit 150 boats for Ralph and the guys. 

Oct. 9th Elizabeth Park still sounds like a winner.  I've got the scale, weigh bags and aerator tubs so all we need is like 200 guys, 10 sponsors and we're there. 

I'd seriously like to at least have 8-10 guys say this sounds good and then I'll start printing flyers to hand out at the Novi Show or something.  Let's go!

mikesmiph

Waterfoul

Well, that's a long ways off but at this time I don't know why I couldn't make it.