Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 08:25:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What's your dream "Weigh in song"?

Started by Savage, November 04, 2009, 10:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage

As I mentioned in a different string, we were given the chance at the Federation Nation National Championship to pick a song that would play as we pulled up to the stage to weigh in.  Each angler had a different song, but we had to choose from a list.  I got to the list late and a couple I would have taken were already gone so I chose "Man in the box" by Alice in Chains.  Some cool songs were on the list, like Casey Asley's "Fisherman".  There were also some truly hilarious choices to pick from including MC Hammer's "Can't Touch This" (Man I was SOOOO temped to pick that one for the humor value!)

Given a choice of any song I would have rather used Godsmack's "I Stand Alone" becuase it reminds me of the sport and how we are each a team of one out there for 8 tough hours during a tournament with no moral support or time outs to take advantage of.

My question to each of you is:  Given the chance, what would be your weigh in song?  Please share with the rest of us and tell us why you'd choose it.  I plan to make a playlist from your responses to use on my i-pod next year when I go fishing so choose wisely.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Definitely Wherever I May Roam by Metallica

and Travelin' Man and Beautiful Loser medley from Live Bullett

Maybe Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi

I can't pick one song any more than I can pick one movie. ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LipRip

It would be a hard choice, but, a couple come to mind.

Today; by the smashing pumpkins. It would be more of a victory song for me!

or

Daughter; By Pearl jam, the song relaxes me for some reason!

if it was a crappy weigh in it would be something a lot harder!!! ha

gr@ssmonkey

AC>DC hells bells cause where taken no prisoners here ;D

River Walker

The way most of last year went for me,I would have to choose Nothing by NIN!

Savage

Quote from: djkimmel on November 05, 2009, 12:24:49 AM

I actually tried to pick "Wherever I May Roam" but the guy in front of me took it!  That is spooky man...
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

thedude

Step Up - Maylene and the sons of disaster.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

motocross269

Quote from: Savage on November 05, 2009, 06:20:25 AM
Quote from: djkimmel on November 05, 2009, 12:24:49 AM

I actually tried to pick "Wherever I May Roam" but the guy in front of me took it!  That is spooky man...

Savage, I thought I heard them playing "YMCA" for you on the Live BASS weigh in..... ;D

I am going to have to start bringing my IPOD and Speakers to the Team BASS weigh ins.. ;D

Cheetam

Quote from: thedude on November 05, 2009, 07:34:30 AM
Step Up - Maylene and the sons of disaster.
Any rock song with a banjo gets my vote.
Jeff

thedude

the whole album rocks. so does II, the one before it.

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

MadWags

"Lust for Life" by Iggy and The Stooges

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

We could end up learning some scary things about each other here... :o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

for me, it would be a toss up between "Ruin" by Lamb of God and the Theme Song from the 80s hit television series "Blossom"

McCarter himself :-\'

River Rat

I'm partial to "Lunatic Fringe" from Golden Earing... Tony was more than safe not having that at the BFLs this year!

Metallica's "One" is a golden oldie too!

The Cult has too long of a list to choose from... "Phoenix", "Love", "Wild Hearted Son" - ah the flash backs to times gone by.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Cheetam

Quote from: River Rat on November 05, 2009, 03:26:55 PM
I'm partial to "Lunatic Fringe" from Golden Earing... Tony was more than safe not having that at the BFLs this year!

Metallica's "One" is a golden oldie too!

The Cult has too long of a list to choose from... "Phoenix", "Love", "Wild Hearted Son" - ah the flash backs to times gone by.
Speaking of The Cult, they are playing their entire "Love" album tomorrow night at The Fillmore in Detroit. 
Jeff

bob o

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer....... you know the rest

AMAST77

Survivor  eye of the tiger
Only if you have a stallone size bag of fish.

dashaver63

Anything from Journey's "ESCAPE" album, "Workin' for the Weekend" from Loverboy, "Crazy Train" from Ozzy or the Brad Paisley song, "Im Gonna Miss Her" ( I think thats the name of it)
Actually I can think of a lot of songs I would use, anything with high energy that really gets your blood pumping as long as its '70's and '80's rock.

TCook

Gotta go with Milli Vanilli "blame it on the rain"
FISH HARD!!!

billy8878

Linkin Park "Numb" or Kernkraft 400 "Zombie Nation" (The part that they play at sporting events, you will know the part in the Zombie Nation song).