Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:00:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Question about Nitro boats

Started by Mike S., September 08, 2009, 07:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedude

haha. 2 things i've learned since owning a boat
1. Don't every buy a tracker
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Durand Dan

Quote from: thedude on February 18, 2010, 07:52:01 AM
haha. 2 things i've learned since owning a boat
1. Don't every buy a tracker

I've got agree 100% on the Tracker statement.  It is a great boat to fish out of but the quality of build and the components need serious attention. Don't know anything about D and R, but I think you can find fault in any service organization.

Potter

Owned a Nitro for years.  Boat was fine and fully functional.  Drove to Arkansas to get a Cat.  Well worth the time involved.  IMO... don't limit yourself to local boats.  The selection "up here" is very small.  Do the research and go for a good long ride if you need to.

Potter

JCOOPER

I am going to chime in on this one and would think I am Semi-Qualified!

I have sold and fished almost every brand of bass boat.

Triton, Champion, Ranger, Basscat, Legend, Skeeter, Nitro, Challenger, Stratos

I have owned personally a Ranger, Champion , Triton and a Nitro.

No longer having ties to bassboat sales, I would think makes my opinion unbiased.  For the last 2 seasons I have fished a Nirto Z7  and I truly could not imagine buying a 19ft boat NEW and having it be anything else.  The money simply isnt comparable.  For what you get in that boat for the money, there isnt even a close competitor.  That boat is also alot bigger than most people, think.  I have been on St Clair a couple times and ran Lake Michigan on several occasions.  The boat is almost always sold with a 150 which makes people think of an 18ft boat  when thinking of the Z7 but last time I checked the boat is rated for 200.  Dont hesitate with the 150 as it runs a nice 60mph with 2 guys with the 150.  This is my opinion on the 19ft range, if your going 21 ish, thats a whole new world and new discussion.
I am a pre bred mix between a ninja and a polar bear.  A truly deadly combination.

peters_skeeter

If you are considering buying a skeeter, check out what is available at Lake Drive Marine in Coldwater, MI. I just bought a new zx200 from Jeff. I know he has a lot of 08's and 09's that were never titled and he needs to get rid of them. He traded in my tracker proteam 175 towards the zx200. The point is, I have been shopping for a new boat for two years, I really considered a nitro, even another tracker, but when you really look at what you are getting for a nitro, I stuck with the tracker I had for another two years, saved up some money for a down payment, and bought the zx200. I am so happy with my choice. The way I see it, if you are going to invest all that money in a boat, wait a little longer, save up for a down payment, and invest in a boat that will still be worth something and have a good resale value in a few years. Just my 2 cents.
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

bassassasin88

Craigs list is full of bass boats if you don't mind traveling a little.

Mike S.

Quote from: Puma on February 17, 2010, 10:53:09 PM
I owned a Nitro, fished out of it for a number of years as well as fished out of another for a few years.  Honestly never had any huge problems with it and it fished decently.  But, fit and finish was terrible and those plastic tubs they use for their compartments always broke and most compartments always leaked.  The worst thing was the ride, absolutely horrible in anything over heavy chop.  I got wet and ended up wearing a back support. 

I then graduated to a comparable sized Bass Cat and it was like going from night to day.  Great fit and finish, dry ride and as smooth as glass, even in heavy stuff like you will see on Lake Michigan and Muskegon lake.  You will be amazed at the customer treatment you will get even buying a used Bass Cat.  I'd be happy to take you for a spin on Muskegon when we get soft water.  Don't live that far from their myself.

Good luck in your decision.
Sounds good.  I'll take you up on that ride.  Never been in a Cat.  My dad had several friends, when we lived down south, that had the Pantera 2's, and he swears by them.  You guys have got to cut me some slack on the Tracker.  I had cash for it, and wasn't planning on getting in to tournament fishing at the time.  Was just hooked on recreational catch and release, so it worked fine.  Once I started fishing tourneys, my needs, and wants quickly changed.  I was TOTALLY impressed with LGMOUTH's 20I when he let me take it for a ride on White Lake.  If he still has it when I'm ready to buy, it is on top of my list.  I do like the Champs, though.  Would like to ride in one, flying in some chop!  I know I need to buy a better quality boat, so does my wife.  I'm quickly losing the love of all my other toys, and find myself  jonesin for that next fishing trip.