Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:57:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2 days to Guntersville

Started by DOWD, April 02, 2006, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DOWD

Heading down to Lake Guntersville tueday after work. Going to be the first year we have hit the spawn right in its head! Will post many toadem photos when I return.

Mark

djkimmel

Oh mannnn! Between the boys on Santee-Cooper and you on Guntersville... I have got to get my boat ready...!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

What are you waiting for Dan...........the lovely bride to say its okay????? ? ? ? ?::)? ? ;)

BD? ? ? ? ? ? ?;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

No - she's sick right now. Probably my fault.

Had the federation meeting today. I'm still getting my strength back from my bout.

I need to do some work on the trailer before I drive too far. Spring leveler bushings need replacing and I probably have a bad bearing. What would I do without stuff to repair??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fishon1219

Dan,
Dont fix anything. When the rig becomes labor intensive just by a new one. Instead of putting line on my reels this year I have decided to just buy new ones and let the shop do it for me. That way I can be lazy and still get new stuff. My wife probably wont see it that way, but I have to try.
I even went as far as laying my rods under here car tire so she could back over them so I could buy new ones, she caught me though. Maybe next year it will work
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

blakstr1

I saw DOWD's name in the latest Bass Times, under one of the big bass awards per state..he being the only one from Michigan listed.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

DOWD

Caught this fish this past week on Guntersville, makes but belly look big!

DOWD

Arrives at Guntersville Wednesday morning around 4:00 am local time, stop at the hotel to wake my buddy that was sleeping at the hotel. We shot the bull for a little and proceeded to head to Walmart for sammich material. On the way out of the parking lot, I see Doug Ward in his new Dodge PU and Champ 198 that he picked up in Nashville, one sweet looking boat. We launched at Waterfront ramp, mid lake area, the ramps here are awesome and most are free to launch!
We head to Mill creek to check water temps and the stage of the bass. The WT is 60 and there is signs of bass making the move to shallows to do their DEED! We start fishing the 1st break off a main flat, my bud connects up on a 4.00 on his third cast, nice fish but not the toadems we were there to catch. We leave MIll creek with 15 bass boated, mostly in the 3 to 5 lb range, dinks by Guntersville standards. We head to South Saulty and look at the main river portion, we find male bass everywhere, but very spooky, we go on to catch a few there, but move to Mink Creek. I had to fish a memory of a 8.00 lber that I caught the year before on a mikes lucky lures CB. Today there was little to no current, so the fish were scattered and not in the tubes like they are when current is moving. We head back to the hotel since all three of us have been up since 4:00 am on Tuesday. We get a good night sleep and dream of the 8 and 9's that roam the lake. Score: Mark 10 bass, Keith: 9 bass, Mike (owner of Mikes Lucky Lures) Zero.
Our plan on Thursday was to fish obscure locations and to catch our fish using the baits that Mike sells on his site. We put together a small pocket plan. We found fish in small, main river pockets, that were mostly holding crappie, but the bass were there in numbers feeding on the crappis and blue gills. We started at the Mink creek ramp and worked all the way to Jones Creek, by the end of the day we boated 40 bass and left a few very large females to do the mombo wombo with their counterparts. Most of the fish were caught on a spinnerbait, senko type bait and a frog bait that Mike carries. We rigged the senko wacky with the wacky tool and orings. A celebratory night at the local Mexican rest. was in order, but Mike had still not caught a bass, I was not leaving AL with him catching one. That night, some nasty storms were going to move thru the area. Friday morning we decided to pack the truck, and check out of the hotel room. My mission today was for Mike to catch a G bass. We head into Mink, way back into Mink and found bass that had spawned out and bass fry swimming everywhere. We found a small patch of sand in the middle of a weed flat, there was bass every where. Mike rigged a watermelon senko bait and finally landed a bass, we headed back to the ramp, loaded up to head back home. On the way home we encountered the strong storms, but nothing like what Doug Ward encountered in Nashville.
Mark

djkimmel

Sounds a like a whirlwind bass-a-thon! Lots of good bass news this week!

blakstr1

Quote from: DOWD on April 08, 2006, 09:43:15 PM
by the end of the day we boated 40 bass and left a few very large females to do the mombo wombo with

Pretty graphic stuff!  ;D  Glad you had a great time, what was the biggest you guys landed down there?  Glad you got the ChampioN home unscathed, Tennessee has been super nasty!  Great Story.. ;)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

BTW, I think I caught that same corkscrew bass several years ago on Lake Cumberland...