Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:27:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

White Lake

Started by Strat200XL, July 01, 2009, 01:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Strat200XL

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on white lake this year fishing a tourney in late July any heads up would help.

Thanks guys

STEELERBOY29

I usually fish White Lake a couple of times a year.  I'm heading up there over the 4th to visit the inlaws and hope to hit the water once or twice.  I'll try to post my results early next week.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

bassboss

Fished it on 7/2. Large greenish senko type worms and jigs dropped in the holes out in the main lake weeds. I had about 16lbs in 5 fish.

STEELERBOY29

The other posts are right on.  I fished it Sunday morning for about 6 hours.  I only boated 3 keepers with one going 19".  Water was 68° - 70°.  The topwater bite was going early on (I hit the water at 5 am) for the first 2 hours.  The only problem was I couldn't get the fish that hit back to the boat.  I was walking the dog with a big Spook over the top of the weeds (which are just about everywhere on the south side of the lake).  The fish would blow it up, I'd set the hook, and then they would take me down in the weeds and get off.  This happened 4-5 times.  I rarely lose fish on this type of bait (shouldn't lose any with 3 trebles), but these fish got me down in the heavy grass and got off.  Looking back, I probably should have been using braid and a high speed reel.  As it was, my 17 lb test mono and 5:1 reel weren't enough to keep the fish from immediately diving down into the thick stuff.  These were all nice sized fish too, which is why I like the big Spook.  Weightless green Senkos in the same areas were productive too.  I caught a couple of more fish cranking DT6's and 10's in 8' - 12' of water outside the weed edges later in the morning when the sun was up.  A green weedless tube worked pretty well too.  Stay in and around the weeds with natural looking baits and you should do fine.  Probably nothing you wouldn't have come up with on your own.  90% of the boats I saw were in the same general area (4'-8' weed filled water on the south side of the lake outside of the no wake zone).  That's all I got.  Good luck!