Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:32:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Monster bass caught at Kent. 5-30-09

Started by bassinman#1, May 30, 2009, 08:20:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassinman#1

I caught this today but did not have a scale with me. How much do you guys think it weighs?

Cheetam

Wow Benny.  That is a monster!  Where was that when you needed it last week?  If I had to guess, I'd say 6+.
Jeff

Durand Dan

Nice Fish Benny!! Looks like it might top 3lbs easy ;D
(5lbs+)

DD

MadWags

Using known sized features within the picture for scale, (some more obvious that others) and vectoring the fish against these features with a highly developed technique that can only be used by a well trained individual, I have determined the size of the fish to be in the range of 5.69 - 6.34 pounds. Next time bring a scale because in the futue I will have to bill you for these services.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dashaver63

djkimmel

Details... anglers need details?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on May 31, 2009, 05:22:23 PM
Details... anglers need details?

Why Dan... you have a tournament coming up on Kent or something??  LOL!!

I'd say that fish weighs all of 6 lbs. easy.  Probably a tick over that.

Do you at least know how LONG it is?  Everyone has a ruller in their boat!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dashaver63

6 looks about right. She looks like hasn't dropped her eggs yet? Nice catch.

djkimmel

I've never fished a tournament on Kent. Only fished there 7 or 8 times so far. Just trying to get Benny to talk a little more about his nice catch. Extends the good memories. Not everyone is so into big secrets as you hardcore tournament guys... ;D

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on May 31, 2009, 09:03:36 PM
I've never fished a tournament on Kent. Only fished there 7 or 8 times so far. Just trying to get Benny to talk a little more about his nice catch. Extends the good memories. Not everyone is so into big secrets as you hardcore tournament guys... ;D

MMMMhhhhhmmmmmm.... "us" guys.  Yeah.... I hear ya.   ;D ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

bassinman#1

I caught it on a junebug 5" senko, wacky style. In 7ft of water.  ;)

djkimmel

Of course... if bassinman#1 wants to keep it all a secret... that is his prerogative. Though we did spend some quality time under a bridge together not too long ago.

Oh, I see he spilled the beans. Congratulations! :o

That's too slow a way to fish for me anyway. :D

Skulley

I would say it is a definite 4lber and pushing 5 easy.  I don't think it is a 6.  Not enough belly on that fish.  It looks bigger than it probably is because of the way he is holding that fish so far out in front of him.  Nevertheless, that is a sweet fish.

BD          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

I said how much it weighs. Why are you questioning my expertise? ??? ;D

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Durand Dan

Mounting a Bass is not something that appeals to me!! ;D

bassmandan

"dont stop keep fishing"

MadWags

McCarter

in this day and age, there is really no reason to have a skin mount made of a fish.  fiberglass repo's look everybit as good, last forever, and cost less to have done.  no reason to kill a trophy just to hang it on the wall anymore.  As the Legend Musky Bob Brunner would say "let it go, let it grow" and "it aint braggin if its true".  That fish is 6 lbs all day long and i appreciate you leaving it in the lake for me to catch in the next tournament i fish out there :P  i will let you hold her again!

McCarter himself :-\'

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on June 03, 2009, 07:55:03 PM
I said how much it weighs. Why are you questioning my expertise? ??? ;D

I didn't realize you were a self-proclaimed expert on the matter........ ::)  Anyway, if it isn't measured on a scale and it doesn't have to be certified.........one could say it is a 10lb fish.  That could be a 4lb fish and if its 4 it may as well be 10.......  My cousin was fishing with me and he caught a smallie on the mile roads a couple weeks back that was 7.2lbs on an xTools scale.  Now was the fish a real 7.2lber, well I would say it was in the 7lb range.  I would not say it was a true 7lber unless I weighed it on a certified scale.  So my cousins smallie was in the 7lb range.  On a true certified scale it could be more or could be less.  Why don't we just say that that fish is in the 5lb range and I could say that I believe it.  It looks 5.......maybe...........  Like I said we will never really know where it is at until you put it on a scale.  I think I will take my xTools scale to work and calibrate it with known weight.  At least I will know exactly where my scale is in regards to true weight.  I will get back to you on this and let you know where my scale came in at.

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com