Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:06:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

It's official: 2 out of 3 GLBass.com members catch more bass!

Started by Cheetam, March 26, 2006, 07:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheetam

The third guy...well, he gets to post the painful story about getting skunked...more to come from PB...aka El Bano...
Jeff

djkimmel

Well, it looks like PB had to do all the hard work, running the motor and all...? Poor... er, Boy.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

225XS4Garza200PXL

El Bano? The bathroom? Yeah... I wanna hear about this...

Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com

MaizeNBlue

I don't want to speak for PB, but it was a long and painfull saga, and he didn't look good in the end. I hope the dishware shopping with the In-Laws went better for him.

McCarter

A couple line breaks, and a couple missed opportunitys.  I was having a stellar day.

The good news is, the fiance and I got some pretty new green plates to match the color of the fish i did not catch sunday morning. 

Unfortunatly, i will not be able to get out on Kent again for the next 2 weekends.  I will, however, have a few chances to get out during this week if i can find someone to take me out.  ( hint, hint maizenblue....I owe you many fish whacks to the back of the head.  And if i recall correctly, i have to buy the beers at Hooters for my lack of fish catching abilities).

Perhaps next time i can join in the reindeer games.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dartag

what was the water temp.. i was on my lake ( union ) and it was 40 degrees..  i did catch 2 but they were just swam to the boat.  i think they wanted to warm up..  should warm up later this week...

MaizeNBlue

LMAO, how did I forget, i did smack PB in the back of his head with a 3.8lb smallie, fun times.

McCarter

water temps were 39-40*.  There was ice on the lake in the morning, but it quickly vanished as the sun came up.

Fishing was pretty good ( for some >:( )

Jeff ended up with 3 nice smallmouth and a just keeper largie

Grant ( MaizeNBlew  :D ) got 2 nice smallmouth.

I lost 3 6lber and 2 possible state records :-*

All in all, it was a good day on the water.  We had fun, they caught fish, i fixed Grants trolling motor and landed some fish for them.  Got cerimoniously whacked in the back of the head by smallmouth a couple times ( it tradition ).  Good to be back out there.

Fish are in there usual early spring haunts.  Slow fishing is key.  But the fish faught good and are very very fat. 

PoorBoy himself :-\'

bosshawg

you know its getting time....starting to hear the fish tales. gotta love it.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

dartag

were there any trap nets in the water.. we have been seeing them and there were a couple there today.  might be DNR doing a survey.   be interesting to see what numbers of fish they have been getting.. 

ss

MaizeNBlue

Yes the DNR has nets out, they have been out in various places for the past 2 weeks. I talked to a agent last weekend, he said the pike were 28" on average, some 7 lb walleyes, and the bass were 18" on avg.

dhuff

Cheetam

Quote from: dhuff on March 27, 2006, 03:31:13 PM
Just courious what did you catch the Smallies on.?
3 smallies and 1 greenie on Xcalibur Twitch Baits and 2 other smallies came on smallie beavers.
Jeff