Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:46:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 DK Open East Boater and Nonboater Lists

Started by djkimmel, May 10, 2009, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

As of 5/15/09 here are the boaters I have signed up for the 2009 May 16 DK Open on Lake St. Clair:

djkimmel
csfishslayer
MadWags
bshaner
cast n blast
MaizeNBlue
VinceR
MIBasser
BrianB
LAPORTE
bassfan586
mjm6
FishforFive
River Rat
Durand Dan
SethV
fowlmouth
ABA

18 boaters. Draw to come soon.

Please let me know ASAP if your status changes. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

As of 5/15/09 here are the non-boaters I have signed up for the 2009 May 16 DK Open on Lake St. Clair:

jerkbait
stackenem
the dude
MIBassKid
fiker
Team houston
Wolf_fisherman
jonnymcsavage
Jay-MadWags
mojo
walleye-chuck
fuzzygrub1611
deepdiver
dborsa
JackH   
ReelMan
WayneC

17 non-boaters. Draw to come soon.

Please let me know ASAP if your status changes. Thanks!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Barring any changes in the next day or two, I could use a couple more boats please!!

Durand Dan

Dan,
It's looks like I will be able to make it as a boater. Sign me up!! ;D

DD

thedude

any westsiders besides me making the commute? lol.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

I thought Genie was going to fish...?? But after an exhaustive search of the sign up thread... I find no such note?!?

Maybe you could talk him into it?!? He can even fish right by me (if he thinks that's really a good idea)?!?

djkimmel

Quote from: Durand Dan on May 11, 2009, 06:35:24 AM
Dan,
It's looks like I will be able to make it as a boater. Sign me up!! ;D

DD

GREAT TO HEAR!! I was bummed when you said you would miss it. I'll add you back in. Thanks and see you there!!

djkimmel

No definitive word from UAWBigDog yet either? (No, she's NOT going to be there... but I can point you to some reeeaaaalllllyyy niicccee pics on the Internet if you hurry)

fowlmouth

Quote from: djkimmel on May 10, 2009, 04:47:43 PM
Barring any changes in the next day or two, I could use a couple more boats please!!
Dan , my buyer couldn't get the $$$ so as of right now I have a boat

djkimmel

Quote from: fowlmouth on May 11, 2009, 02:34:19 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on May 10, 2009, 04:47:43 PM
Dan , my buyer couldn't get the $$$ so as of right now I have a boat

Ok - if I talk 2 more vacillating boaters into it, you won't need to make the long trip with the boat, but I'll put you down for now.

djkimmel

That puts us even at the moment. I will send out email tonight to ask everyone to confirm with me again just to be sure.

I still have one or 2 boaters thinking about it for the one or two of you with possible boat availability issues.

motocross269

I am confirmed unless the weather gets crazy Saturday...

motocross269

I couldn't find anything on this site, but here is something to be aware of for this weekend......

The Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Lake St. Clair Fisheries Research Station will be conducting a fisheries survey in Anchor Bay, Lake St. Clair, from Thursday, May 7, to Friday, May 22, 2009. The primary purpose of the survey is to assess the status of predator fish populations in the lake. The survey gear used will be trap nets, located along a 10-foot contour, between the Clinton River and New Baltimore. Each of the five nets will be marked with at least two floating flags and nine smaller bouys. The nets are approximately 650 feet long. Boaters and anglers are encouraged to watch out for these markers and to avoid boating or fishing near them. Anglers who catch tagged fish, are encouraged to report the catch to the MDNR. Anglers can call the Lake St. Clair Fisheries Research Station (586-465-4771) to report catching tagged fish or if they have additional questions regarding the net survey. Anglers can also report catching a tagged fish on the internet at http://www.michigandnr.com/taggedfish/.

The map below shows the approximate locations of the survey trap nets

The approximate lat/long coordinates are
42 38.558 82 45.866
42 38.070 82 45.873
42 37.873 82 46.518
42 37.276 82 46.068
42 36.945 82 46.185

Skip Johnson

Quote from: motocross269 on May 11, 2009, 02:45:36 PM

skippy like crazy weather, make big fish bite   ;D
Go Big or Go Home!

motocross269

Quote from: cast n blast on May 11, 2009, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: motocross269 on May 11, 2009, 02:45:36 PM

skippy like crazy weather, make big fish bite   ;D

I'll just follow you.....I am just going to scoop some out of the nets anyway...As long as I immediately release all should be good.   ;D

djkimmel

Those nets are out there every year this time in the same places. I actually went out with them last year and observed them pulling the nets, measuring and recording the various fish. It was very interesting and fun. The trap nets are fairly small and well marked, out quite a ways from shore.

River Rat

Dan,

Do you happen to have a Golden Rule that I can purchase?  I'm trying to avoid a run all the way up to BPS and getting one from Anthony Adams if I can...

Thanks,
Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

djkimmel

I'm trying to talk Anthony into fishing... and bringing some of the boards with him.

River Rat

Thank you sir, I spoke to him last week and he told me to chk w/ you first since I'm over an hour away from there.  If I'm driving an hour plus I'm gonna spend some $$$ then have the misses mad when I get back... not good.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

stackenem

I have a golden rule that I am bringing with me if my boater has one then mine is free for someone to use.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing