Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 DK Open East Boater and Nonboater Lists

Started by djkimmel, May 10, 2009, 04:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadWags

I don't see why we can't just measure the fish and use the conversion chart. What is the diff.
Didn't our recording/weigh-in slips have the conversions on them. I mean I think we were just measuring and releasing and then added the top 5 in the end because of weather.
Know what I mean Gene.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

fowlmouth

who needs the conversion? can't we just use the total length for 5 longest fish?

motocross269

The bass Golden Rule is broken down in smaller increments.....i don't know why you couldn't mark up your own board in 1/4 inch increments though

djkimmel

I think it is 1/8th inch increments...? Every 1/8th is 2 ounces.

I'll have to look tonight.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skip Johnson

yes your right Dan, 1/8th increments unlike other boards.
Go Big or Go Home!

thedude

as long as everyone measures in 1/8 increments, then i don't see the problem.
unless you have a cheater board!!!! :D I would think that if we are short on golden rules, just do a quick comparison at the ramp to make sure the measurements are equal on the boaters board and call it good.

Lets be honest... if someone wanted to cheat for 5$.. they just write down a different weight. i have no fears of that happening with this group of course.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

MadWags

If we are going to have a tournament of inches, you had better hope that UAW Big Dog doesn't show up! ;D
None of us will even have a chance. :o
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

yukonjack2

Dan:

I will be unable to fish on Saturday.  PLease take me off the boater list.

Sorry for the last minute withdraw, but everyone knows how things go sometimes.

Good luck out there,  I hope the weather holds for ya'll.
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

motocross269

Quote from: MadWags on May 13, 2009, 08:17:36 PM
If we are going to have a tournament of inches, you had better hope that UAW Big Dog doesn't show up! ;D
None of us will even have a chance. :o

That may have been more information than I needed..   ;D.....  You guys share a lockerroom at some point???   ;D (I hope that is all it is)

djkimmel

Lost yukonjack2. I'm working on 3 other possible boaters. They're holding out so far, but this is Lake St. Clair...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Still working on a couple boaters who are playing hard to get. Sorry about delays in a draw or email reminders. We had another death in the family Tuesday but the DK Open will go on. The funeral is tomorrow morning so I can spend time with the family and still host the event.

As always, I appreciate your patience and participation.

I will do a draw tonight. I've heard back from some of you already. I'll check with a few I haven't heard from in a while tonight. The draw can be adjusted between tonight and Saturday morning if necessary.

motocross269

Sorry to hear about your loss....

I wouldn't sweat the draw...It is all for fun, Even if you announce the pairings in the morning when we know who is going to show up or not it will all be good.....

The weather may play some role, especially if the wind blows like it is right now...

If you want to email me what you know late tonight or tommorrow morning I can put something together and get it posted by noon or so tommorrow....I know some guys want to ride together and there are some scheduling deals...So if you can update me I will see what I can hook up...I'll let my 6 year old pull names...LOL

bshaner

Straight from the DK Open rules page:

Rule 13.1.2
Any person related to any forum member or affiliation with any boater or non boater shall be prohibited from participating in drawing tournament partners.

Everyone knows 6 year olds are prone to bribes from family members.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Dropshot

I have to work that day now so I will not be able to attend as first thought.
Joe

djkimmel

River Rat

My condolences, Dan...

I've gotta believe I'm not the only one wondering about the "possibly severe" thunderstorms w/ the wind SSW @ 20-30mph tomorrow while we are sitting at the ramp, any thoughts or plans?!

Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

fowlmouth

if its that bad fish the river or canals (probably where i'll be) its a ssw to w which won't be terrible for us near shore anglers

thedude

SATURDAY
SOUTH WINDS 15 TO 20 KNOTS...WITH GUSTS TO 25
KNOTS...TURNING TO WEST. CLOUDY THROUGH MID MORNING...THEN CLEARING.
A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS DURING THE MORNING. WAVES 2 TO
3 FEET. SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY MAY BE REQUIRED.

hopefully it stays to the west
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

motocross269

Dan,
I hate to do this but work just called me this morning and they want me to work Saturday...So I have to back out...I was packing the boat when they called.. :(
I have not worked even an hour of OT this year so it is tough to turn down..

Good luck to you guys, hopefully the winds lay down for Saturday morning..I have not been on Anchor Bay but I have seen alot of reports of guys catching them there. If the winds get to bad you can always stay in there and be relatively safe...

Anthony Adams

OK OK OK - I will be there with my BOAT and I will bring a couple Bump Boards to sell.

Dan call me I have a few questions.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing