Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 06:59:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

robbed again

Started by McCarter, May 07, 2009, 04:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

just got home from makin baits and noticed the cover on my boat was undone and lifted on one side.  didnt think too much of it until i opened my garage and noticed my tackle boxes werent in there.  i cut the grass the minute i got home from fishing tuesday and then got the grill going for dinner.  i forgot to take my tackle out of the boat.  of course, everything is gone.  i literally have nothing left.  finally get a boat and now i have no tackle to fish with.  hope the thieves are young kids and there parents find my stuff sitting around in there garage and put 2 and 2 together and return my stuff.  im putting a sign in my front yard that is going to say bought this house 2 years ago and have been robbed twice.  is this wixom or detroit?   why cant they be here when i roll up?   

Durand Dan

What drag.  >:(No one gets robbed in Detroit. They all hit the suburbs where the money is >:(

blakstr1

DUDE, that is absolutely horrible;  >:( my thoughts go out to you....did they take rods too, or only baits?  i have a rod or two i'd like to send you if they did.  Also I've got a few new Rogues laying around as well as a bunch of other stuff...PM me your address so i can send you some stuff..i want to help keep you on the water.....what else are brothas for? ;)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

dartag

that zuks.   there is a pawn shop at Pontiac trail and S commerce i walled lake.  might want to check there so see if anything ended up there. 

let me know if you need anything. 

River Rat

I can't imagine how horrible that is... sent ya a PM.
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

fowlmouth

Post up what they took, any rods/reels with wraps or other distinguishing  marks, boxes with labels. Anything that would identify them as yours.
If they don't pawn your stuff more than likely they'll try to sell it to one of us, be it on craigslist or at a launch somewhere. The more people looking for it the better. I also have too much tackle (don't tell my wife) I'm sure I can contibute.

t-bone

Brian - that does suck...

I have way too much tackle too... you can go through all of my extras and pick out some stuff. I'll trade for a guided tour of Kent ;-)

I'm serious about this offer - hate to have this happen to a good guy. I'm nearby and can swing by or we can hit a local lake. I'll be around this weekend and was hoping to get out often.
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Lightningboy

That really sucks.  Do like was mentioned above; put up a list of what was taken so we can all watch for it.  Probably a long shot, but why not?

I'll go rummage through the shop, I'm sure there's some stuff I can part with.

SethV

Since they got you twice, I bet it is someone that lives close to you.  What a low life to steal tackle!  Post what got ripped off.

If you need anything in particular - please ask.  I have a ton of tube heads and drop shot weights if that would help.

thedude

I feel for ya man. Last November i got into my truck at 4am to go duck hunting and noticed my coffee cup was laying on its side on the front seat of the truck. I never do that cuz i never finish my coffee and it leaks everywhere. So then i look and notice my GPS mount is still on the window, but no GPS! They grabbed the main unit, jerked the power chord so hard it broke off in the cig lighter (thus knocking down my cup) and ran off. We live in yuppyville USA - in a fairly remote subdivision that is mostly upper-middle class - never thought i would have to worry about locking my car doors... but there ya go.  Funny thing is i had 400$ worth of duck calls sitting on the seat and an mp3 player in the center console.. they just grabbed the GPS and ran. My mom was not happy either - since she spent like 350$ on it as a xmas/bday present the year before.

Thieves suck! I say we burn 'em.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Bender

Just got your message from early this morning, hope you called the cops right away. You had quite the collection of Revos and Pointers. That sucks cause you usually leave some stuff over here but it was all in your boat now. I got some stuff to get you by too. Did they take the GPS out of the boat?
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

TCook

Man that really blows, it seems that this problem is getting worse with all the thefts of late. If something like that ever happened to me I am afraid of what I would do. Probably dedicate my life momentarily to hunting them down and taking care of them my way. I hate thieves!!  >:(

I am sure I will bring way too much tackle to Grand lake next week. If you need some things to get by you can have some of my extras. Dont know what color pointers you throw but I have a few duplicates you could get since I know you throw the crap out of them things.
FISH HARD!!!

Cheetam

If you need anything from me, let me know.  You've seen my tackle bag.
Jeff

MIBassKid

Sorry to hear that Brian, seems that bad things always happen to good people for some reason.  My dad got his Pick Up stolen ON EASTER! It was the neighbor boys behind us, they parked it on a different road every night and then totaled it a week later.  Thank God for insurance! I wish I had enough tackle to just give you. But if we get out you can use whatever you want in my bag.  I guess it's a good thing you own your ow bait company  :P Let me know if you need anything.
-Luke

djkimmel

Brian - so sorry to hear that, especially as a fellow 2-time victim of the weak moraled low lifes who choose to dehumanize themselves this way.

Can you get any help from insurance at all (I hope)? I'll help too if I can with some donations of fishing gear if that will help you short or long term.

Shameful. Everyone knows the difference between right and wrong.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

DDBethke

I've got a 3700 w/cranks you can have that never sold this winter. I really won't use em'. Check out the pic' if you want them they are yours...

What a bummer! >:(

Please Like my Facebook Page for the best Power-Pole pricing available!                                             http://www.facebook.com/TournamentReadyTackle
Optimum Baits Pro Staff
http://www.optimumbaits.com/
Reins Pro-Staff (Tungsten/Soft Plastics)
http://reinsfishing.com/
Twitter
http://twitter.com/DDBethke
Blog
http://duanebethkefishing.blogspot.com/

McCarter

Thanks everyone.  They got my entire collection of jerkbaits which was a 3700 packed to the gills with mostly rogues but also about a dozen LC Pointers, Bomber Long As, Jackall Squad Minnows, and some other miscellaneous brands.  They got my Shimano Jerkbait box that was full of all Pointer 100s.  You know the boxes shimano used to make that were molded to hold lures individually?  Yep, the green bottom jerkbait box.  I dont know how many jerkbaits it held, but every slot was filled.

They also got my swimbait box.  In it I had a Jackall Giron, A Tru Tungsten 4" shad, and a mess on Optimum Baby Line Thru soft swimbaits. 

Shallow Crankbaits are all gone.  Mostly Bandits, but also many LC, Bomber, Norman, Manns, Rapala DT, Luhr Jensen Speed Traps, and many others.  ANother box that was packed so tight you could only snap one side of the lid.

Deep Cranks no more.  LC, Rapala DT, Norman, Bandit, Bomber

My flippin box that was packed with Gamakatsu hooks, tungsten weights, beavers, brush hogs, yamamotos hulas, and a ton more creature baits.

My Rat L Trap box again, packed with as many as you could fit in a 3700.  They were lined up vertically rather than on there side so i could fit more in there.  Anyway, Rat L Traps, LC, Yo Zuri, XCalibur, Jackall TN 70s, Cordell, etc.

My Wacky box filled with Nemesis 4 and 5" Sickos, O rings, hooks

Dropshot Box filled with Gobys, weights, hooks.

Jig box with mainly Strike King Jigs but also Chompers FB jigs, Buckeye Mops Jigs, Terminator Jigs, Shakey jig heads, etc.

My jig trailer wallet that weighed about 5 lbs.  All Zoom Super Chunk and Super Chunk Jrs.  Proabably about 40-50 packs worth of Green Pumpkin, Green Pumpkin Purple, Green Pumpkin Blue, Watermelon, Black, Black Blue, PB&J, Castaic Choice ( best color ever and they dont make it anymore.  Found these on Ebay and paid $3.99 a bag for) and a few other colors.

My Big Cabelas Bag packed with Zoom Flukes, Tubes, Creatures, Shakey Worms, 10" worms, rattles, Mega Strike, about 20 packs of Gamakatsu 3/0 EWG hooks, 10 packs of Owner DS hooks, Horny Toads, Finesse Worms, Hula Grubs, etc...

They also took my life vest...Bass Pro Shops XPS.

XTools Pliers

Here is the real kicker.  They took my friggin day box tray.  Its a hunk of plastic that sits on top of the small compartment in front of the Drivers console.  What the hell would they need that for?

Who knows what else.  I had thrown a bunch of stuff in the glove box, too.  A few LC pointers still in box that JJ picked up for me at Gander Mt.  Spro Aruku Shads still in pack.  Zoom Critters.

The stuff i am most upset about, obviously, my jerkbaits and traps.  But also the Optimum BLTs and my TT Shad.  My hooks and tungsten weights.  And my jig trailers.  Talk about a heart break.

Hopefully, insurance will come through.  If not, I hate to do it but i will be accepting all charitable donations.

McCarter himself :-\'

dashaver63

I really feel for you! I sincerely hope everything works out for you. I know from experience what desperate feeling it is to lose everything like that, but to have it happen twice? I wish I lived closer, I'd help out anyway I could.

fowlmouth

sounds like you must have had the rod box locked. I've got a bunch of stuff I can send post up an address. I have an extra pair of the xtools pliers I'll send too.

McCarter

all my rods were in my garage.  i forgot to mention that.  i guess i will start from the beginning.

My dad and I got off work early Tuesday and went out to Kent Lake.  When I got home that evening, i immediatly took my rods and my dads old school tackle box out and put them in my garage.  Then i cut the grass.  Took about an hour and change.  When i got done with the lawn, i fired up the grilled and cooked dinner.  After thati put the kid in the tub, got her dressed and took her downstairs to play while my wife cleaned up.  My wife came down stairs at about 7:30 pm and i went out to put the cover on the boat.  i didnt even think about my boxes still in the boat.  I have been religiously taking everything out of the boat after each outting. 

Fast foward to last night (early this morning).  I got home round 3:15 am and noticed my cover was unbuckled and lifted on the passenger side.  Looked inside and everything looked good, until i got to the glove box.  EMPTY.  So i climed in the boat to check my tackle compartment.  EMPTY.  this morning i did a thorough search and thats when i realized they stole my vest, pliers, day box tray.  What a kick to the grapes.

McCarter himself :-\'