Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 12:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

robbed again

Started by McCarter, May 07, 2009, 04:04:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matt

That sucks!!!  :-[

If you looking to replace some stuff hit me a PM...I'll see what i have and don't use. You can have all my zoom chunks if i still have them.

Hopefully your insurance will come through for you.

huston

You guys are a great group of people to be associated with. If only there were more of people such as yourselves, this world would be a better place. I'll replace that shimano box of rouges for ya just for the he__ of it.  Let it be known how and I'll do it. Maybe we can have a donation drop site or something like that. I 've got to much tackle too.

McCarter

Again, i appreciate all the offers guys.  If insurance comes through for me then i should be all set.  If anything, i would rather see you guys sell your old and extra tackle on ebay or something and then buy some quality Nemesis Baits with the money or donate to charity or something.

I hope you guys dont take this the wrong way, but i wouldnt feel right taking freebies if i can get insurance to cover it.  If they say no, different story. 

But i do appreciate everyones support.  Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Thanks to all.  I love you guys like step brothers and sisters :D

I will keep you all posted!

McCarter himself :-\'

stackenem

Brian, It sounds like it is somebody that can watch what you are doing and knows when you are not around. It could be the same ones as last time. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Bill
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

zooker

thieves suck...i have had stuff stolen before at the boat ramp..

at my house i keep most of my tackle inside.
in my boat -stored at my moms- i don't worry much about it. her dawgs aint bout to let someone come into the garge. it has happened once afore took a week to clean the blood off the boat and driveway..the csi geeks had it wrapped up fer three days...took 6 months to get the gun back..

zooker
live from the land of the crankbait...

fowlmouth

I'd put up a trail cam and leave a "junker" rod sittin in the boat and see what shows up on the trail cam.

Lightningboy

I stored my last boat outside, and I got tired of the constant hassle of taking all my stuff out each time I came home.  Just before I upgraded to Lightning our garage was broken into.  Got all my lawn stuff, mower, blower, etc.  Cops figure it was a lawn crew who saw my garage door up just a hair & pried it open.  Decided with the insurance $$ plus some more to build a new garage.  My ride's got a bay all to herself now.

But stuff like this reminds me that my last garage was broken into before.  Gotta admit I've been thinking about locker bars all day... :-\'

Skulley

Sorry to hear about your misfortune McCarter.   >:(   :'(  Don't people pay attention to the Ten Commandments anymore especially "Thou shalt not steal."  I always lock my compartments of the boat even parked in my locked garage.  Can't trust anyone....that's for darn sure.  I also have a neighbor we call "Nosey Jean".  Thank God for "Nosey Jean" because nothing gets by her.  She called the police when she saw a unscrupulous scumbag go into my neighbors open garage.  The police arrived in time and arrested the scumbag.  Now the neighbor didn't want to press charges until myself and several other neighbors said that he'd better or we will encounter more of the same.  Well he did press charges and the 17 year old scumbag who had a record now is in jail as he broke his probation.  I am currently working on putting surviellance camaras all over my property.  I will have two in my garage in case someone breaks in.  I am not messing around anymore.  My neighbor Jerry put up camaras about a year ago and has caught numerous scumbags around his house and we live in a pretty nice hood although he borders a park and I am backed up to a school.  We also have two dogs.  Never enough security is what I say.  I would go to that pawn shop if I were you or any in your area.  I will check the ones in my neck of the woods to see if any fishing gear has shown up most recently.   I know most of the owners of them in my area.  If I find anything I will be in touch.  I will stop by a couple today on my way home from work that are not to far from my house.

BD                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

Sorry to hear about it Brian. I have some tube jigs and tubes I can drop by just let me know when you are pouring again.

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

Bender

I've been keeping an eye on other local forums and craigslist.
I'm thinking about another alarm on my boat. Last year I got a cheap one and it didn't last. I'm looking at the Viper ones with proximity detection that are designed for convertibles and possibly run it off its own motorcycle AGM battery with 2 way paging. I think I can seal it and make it waterproof. Anybody else use alarms on their boats? Tips?

On the rare occasion my boat is not inside of the locked garage overnight it is not really practical to carry all my stuff inside.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

zooker

Quote from: Lightningboy on May 07, 2009, 10:32:10 PM

But stuff like this reminds me that my last garage was broken into before.  Gotta admit I've been thinking about locker bars all day... :-\'

one of my friends used one on his ranger -factory installed- front and back..it took the thief all of  about 30 seconds to rip them out..if he had left the hatchs open his boat would not have been nearly destroyed..think about that.. they stuck a crow bar under the locker bar and honked on it.. locker bars only have about 3/4" play if you bend the arm 1/2" it will come out..

zooker

Skulley

I stopped by the two pawn shops I knew of near my house on the way home from work today.  Nothing.  I will check them periodically.  I talked to both the owners and they told me they had not seen any tackle for quite a while.  They told me they would call me if anything turned up.  One of the owners sons play soccer with my son.  He said he doesn't like to buy stolen merchandise.  Any distinguishing marks on your boxes or rods would help him identify them.  PM McCarter if you can with anything you got that could identify your stuff.  My friend was very helpful.  The other guy I went to high school with and I take him fishing occasionally.  He told me the same.  So anything you can give me to identify your stuff would definitely help.

I agree with Zooker on the locker bars.  My buddy down in Allen Park had them.  Took the thieves maybe 40 seconds to pry them.  He did not lock his compartments, just used the locker bars.  He said he would have been better off just locking the compartments and forgoing the locker bars.  He did get paid off by his insurance company though.

I got a feeling your robbery were locals.  They probably had been watching you take your equipment in and out.  Sometimes doing that draws more attention.  Your better off leaving it in the boat even if it is outside and just simply locking the compartments.  I don't know.......everyone has different insight on this.  I am sure any input would help. 

BD          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

1javelin

When you find them let me know and we can borrow some dynamite and let them steal that in their @$$#$.

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

Waterfoul

Had the same thing happen to me last year Brian.  Insurance came thru (home owners) very quickly with a check (minus my deductable of course). 

My boat will soon be stored indoors under lock and key... but not soon enough.  I need a couple nice days to clean out my garage, move things around, etc... then it will be out of site and locked up.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

Just spent 2+ hours on my garage... still couldn't get my boat in it if I had a running start!!!   But progress was made.

Talk to your insurance company yet Brian??
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Firefighter Jeff

Some observations

1.  Bunch of great people here on this website offering up extra tackle.

2.  Having some of your stuff stolen sure makes you feel violated. 

3.  Holy smokes did you have a LOT of fishing tackle  !!!!!!!!  I'd be interested in hearing the value amount when you have it figured.

In 2001 I had some rod combos and one 3700 box taken out of my boat at a resort on Hamlin Lake.  We figured the culprits came by boat, jumped the dock and took from three boats that night.  I don't spend nearly as much as many do here on rods and reels but it added up to over $900.  My home owners did take care of me though.
     Shoot, before that happened, for as long as I could remember (years) we left gear sitting out in our boats, even left the keys in them.  Not anymore  !!!!

Hope everything works out for you McCarter.     

Skulley

Just what I love to see.....solidarity among bassfishermen.  Geez, you guys remind me of a bunch of union guys fighting for their jobs.  It brings a tear to my eye.   :'(

BD           ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

McCarter

things that would identify my tackle would be the shimano jerkbait box.  dont see too many of those around.  i dont even know anyone else that has one.

my crankbait box has a crack in the top left corner with a ziplock bag stuffed in the hole so hooks dont hang out. 

2 custom painted rat l trap lures with the initials rt on them and one cheetam painted trap.  the rt are orange craw and sexy shad and the cheetam is log perch.

swimbait box has mainly optimum blt but also has one sebile 95 in perch, one jacall giron bluegill, one tru tungsten 4" shad in bluegill and some basstrix in shad.

other jerkbait box has a lc pointer 100 dd in eggshell.  a ton of rogues and x raps mostly black gold, black chrome, clown, perch, /d log perch.  has a few bigger lc 128 andlc slender pointers, kinami jerkbait, jackall mask 100 and 3 jackalsqaud minnows.

my trailer wallet has all zoom super chunks, reg and jr.  colors are gp, gp purp, gp blue,  black, black blue, pb&j, and castaic choice. 

zooker

if your as big a tackle junkie as i am mccarter-and you are-you easily have $15000 tied up in tackle..

as you have seen me around on other sites you and bender both know i take pics of my in boat tackle.. which i have posted.. i tend to pack roughly $10k in tackle in the boat alone..

zooker

JL

Brian,

Sorry to here about your tackle being stolen.  Duane and I can hook you up with whatever you need as far as optimum baits.  Let me know what you want or need.