Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Belleville

Started by bassassasin88, May 02, 2009, 12:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassassasin88

Fished Belleville thursday morning, caught about 20 or so. Mostly smallmouths. Only landed one keeper (lost about a 3 pounder at boat) lost a couple heavy fish I never even saw. All the rest were around 13 inches, seems pretty common there. All were caught tight to rocky shorelines on the east end. Red eye shads and crankbaits. Went down to the west end and tryed in the river for about 5 minutes, but the current was ripping through there. Water temp was around 57-58 degrees.

Skulley

That sounds like typical Belleville.  Got to weed through about 20 dinks before catching a keeper.  One keeper in 20 fish is the norm in my 20 years in fishing that lake.  How was the water quality???    ???    I was out there on Saturday April 25 after my son's soccer game.  The water was muddy all over except in Edison Lake.  Didn't catch a fish or even get a bite.  Water temp was 53 when I was there.  Usually when the water temp is in the 50's the crankbait bite is on.

BD         ;D   
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassassasin88

The water was a little staind, but its always a little off colored it seems. I dont know if I have ever caught a limit of keepers there. Maybe once. I can tell you that the largemouth I get in the west end are usually keepers, just tough to get 5. At least for me. I think its one of the most fun lakes to fish because of all the structure, and its nice not having to remove weeds from my lures on every cast. That lakes got everything, except the fish all seem to be 13 inches. I mostly go there because I can get there in 20 minutes.

Skulley

Belleville can be my weeknight lake of choice.  I too am about 20 to 30 minutes away when evening rush hour is in full swing.  Ford is good too but seems to get tough in July.  Fall is my favorite time for both of those lakes.  30 to 40 keeper days can be common.  I think Ford is a little better.  Tends to clear up quicker.

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

LAPORTE

I need to fish with you guys...lol I live 4 minutes from the launch and have never ever got a limit... Yes I know Im not the best fisherman. But I think it's one tough lake because of all of the pressure. This year will be no exception with a local tourney on Tuesday night and another on Thursday night. It seems like there is always at least 5-10 bass boats on the lake at any given time.

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"