Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:26:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

GLB Swap & Meet

Started by McCarter, March 21, 2006, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

Looks like there is a lot of interest in an event to meet up and swap some lures.

Lets start throwing some dates out there and see if we can all get together and do this.

Everyone cool with the Hooters parking lot?

If not, lets get some suggestions on other possible locations.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

Revtro

I suggested Saturday, April 15th at noon in the other thread.  I'll go to that thread and direct people here.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Cheetam

Just give me more than 24 hours notice and I'll be there...
Jeff

fiker

Are we sure that Hooters will think it's ok?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Revtro

I'm a little more concerned with the mall security hassling us for hanging in the parking lot. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

McCarter

if you guys want to do it at Hooters, i will set it up.  But lets make sure thats where everyone wants it before i start making phone calls.

I guarantee Hooters will not have an issue.  The managers love me, i bring them big business.  Im sure they can arrange for us to do something like this in the parking lot.  Its not like we are going to have 50 cars.

Hooksetter

April 15 would work for me, but I too would be concerned about mall security interrupting our swap meet.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

blakstr1

if poorboy says he can then he can...he must know alot about birds..owls love him.. ;D

become one with the..."owl"...be the...."owl".....just don't look it directly in the eye ;)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

yukonjack2

april 15th at conference room H works for me.

Say noon?

why do we need to do it in the lot?

Poorboy - can you get us set up inside?
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Revtro

Count me in also.  I assumed we'd do the swap meet part of things in the parking lot rather than haul all our stuff into Conf. Room H.  Unless Conf. Room H has a Conference Room...
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

My old club used to have a club garage sale that was very successful. Wonder if you could get the word out to the 'public' about something like that and still hold it in the parking lot?

We did it in the corner of a store parking lot a couple times. I had an email from someone south of Lansing who was looking for something just like that in the past few days. Don't know if he'd travel to Novi or not.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

how about one Apr 29 Kent lake east boat launch..  bring the boats and fish a bit first..

blakstr1

Quote from: dartag on March 22, 2006, 06:54:46 AM
how about one Apr 29 Kent lake east boat launch..? bring the boats and fish a bit first..

something like that sounds good to me..i for one can't make it on Easter weekend (April 15th), that's also the D&R open house.... (but don't try to schedule around me...majority rules is fine here)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

cameraguy

Love the idea of a garage sale.  It might pay for my fishing for the year.   ;D  However, just seeing the date April 15 sends chills down my spine.  Please don't mention it again.  :-X

There's a Hooters in Novi? 

McCarter

Quote from: blakstr1 on March 21, 2006, 06:13:47 PM

become one with the..."owl"...be the...."owl".....just don't look it directly in the eye ;)

Yes, Blake is right.? Do not look the "owls" directly in the eye.? There are so many other beautiful characteristics to look at.? The feather patterns on the breast of the "owls" are exquisite.? As are the tail feathers.

Revtro

DOH!  I was thinking about fishing too much.  I can't do Easter Weekend either.  We have our Easter svc. that Saturday night.  Duh!  I have a club event on the 29th, but the 22nd is totally open. 

O.A.N... I can't believe how much new crud I bought this year.  That means I should have a fair amount of stuff to get rid of now.  And I still have more new stuff coming in the mail.  This is one of those years where I really didn't "need" anything but was enticed to update a ton of my stuff.  I'm glad my wife is also my fishing partner on Monday nights, so she understands and doesn't hassle me about buying so much.  Whew!  I guess I have it pretty darn good. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

blakstr1

Quote from: PoorBoy on March 22, 2006, 08:43:49 AM
Quote from: blakstr1 on March 21, 2006, 06:13:47 PM

As are the tail feathers.

I can't stop pulling on the tail feathers...its a sickness, I know... ;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Quote from: Revtro on March 22, 2006, 08:58:55 AM
DOH!? I was thinking about fishing too much.? I can't do Easter Weekend either.? We have our Easter svc. that Saturday night.?

I was wondering how you were going to pull that one off!! ::)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Revtro

You'd think the Pastor would realize when Easter was...  DOH!  I definitely have fishing on the brain too much. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

smbassman

Yeah it's tough trying to blow off work with the boss you have!!!!  He's always watching!! :o