Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 04:10:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Hooks for tube jigs

Started by Savage, February 28, 2009, 08:46:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savage

Guys-

I pour my own tube jigs and I've always bought the hooks from netcraft.  Well this year I bought another mold so now I can pour 60 degree hooks too.  I'm looking for a good place to buy some hooks cheaper than Netcraft, and also for some advice on what hooks you like.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

champion_206

I get alot of my hooks from Captain Cooks, I like mustad and Gamakatsu hooks are all I use
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff

Hooksetter

Have you tried Ebay? There are some occasional good deals there on Mustad, VMC, Matzuo and Eagle Claw. Not too many good deals there on Gammies. If you want to buy in volume you can buy 60 degree EWG Gammies at Barlows Tackle Express for about $275.00 plus shipping for 1000. Its about $30.00 plus shipping for 100.

Willie

http://www.barlowstackle.com/
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

ranger619

Hi
I just joined the site and saw your post. the best deal I know of is a Co. called Shorty Hooks sales
I have there number some where. they do big volume sales. I don't think anybody can touch there price on hooks. they told me they have no www. due to the amount of hooks sales. if I can find there number I will let you know. see ya brian!!

Savage

Cool, if you dig up the number let us all know.  Do they have a catelog or something?
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

McCarter

Just a heads up if you do decide to buy hooks on ebay, there have been a lot of complaints that the ones marked as Mustad are fakes.  Plus, the price isnt that much better.  Captain Hooks has good prices and also sells a lot of hard to find or discontinued hooks.  I would be interested in the Shortys number as well.  ALways looking for more sources on supplies

kmrlures

Savage, Would be happy to help you out with hooks. Mfg. prices. Mustad or Gamakatsu.
Give me a call.......
Joe Rummelt
KMR Lure Designs
231-689-0992
kmrlure.com