Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:47:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Removing Trolling Motor

Started by Fishmael, January 21, 2009, 03:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishmael

I've got to remove my trolling motor to have it repaired (as discussed in a previous thread), but haven't looked at it much to see how it comes off.  Is it easy to remove from the boat?  What all has to come off to take it in?  Thought I'd check with some knowledgeable people before I messed it up or something!

bshaner

I can only speak for my Minn Kota trolling motor and Triton boat:

4 bolts that run through the mount and boat frame.  You get to the nuts inside the boat through the bow console.  I have to remove my bow console to get to the nuts.

You'll want to take the entire TM with you minus the mount.  I wouldnt try taking it apart or removing just part of it.

My next trolling motor will have the quick release mount so I can just remove the TM without having to take the bolts out of the frame to remove the mount.

Overall it's not real hard.  The only hard part might be getting to the bolts/nuts.  I do it by myself frequently.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

yukonjack2

My MK comes off without removing the mount from the boat.  Basically, you need to remove the screws holding down the pedal from the deck.  then disconnect the power behind your front panel, unless you have a plug up front for a connection (remember to throw the power breaker first back by the batteries).  Then remove a transducer fromn your fishfinder if it is attached to the TM shaft.  Finally, there is a thumbwheel holding the TM shaft tot the mount - undo that and just lift it off. 

This is a good time to ensure the mount bolts are in good condition and tight.

Its not difficult, just take your time.

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

Fishmael

Thanks for the tips.  It has been so cold, it is hard to get out there and do it.  I know it will pay off when the lakes thaw, but when it is below 10 degrees, my blood just runs a little slower...

huston

I know what you mean. I purchased a lift assst kit for my Maxxum 74 and I just don't feel like working in the garage. I've got a heater though and cabin fever might force me to do it. I've organized all the baits, I guess I'll look at the rods and reels next.