Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:10:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 DK Open

Started by dartag, January 08, 2009, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TCook

Quote from: Durand Dan on May 19, 2009, 06:00:58 AM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on May 18, 2009, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: TCook on May 18, 2009, 11:30:18 AM
So wheres all the reports and results from the DK open?

Ditto!!!!

BD           ;D

Guess you had to be there!
We ended up with about 15-1/5lbs. All largies. For safeties sake I chickened out and fished the canals with dborsa.

Huh first time I ever seen it this quiet after a DK open, seems strange. Was there an incident or did nobody show up or something? Who won and when are we going to see some results posted?

FISH HARD!!!

thedude

great turnout, windy day.. think everyone went home and went to bed and is now waiting for DJK to post the story - i'm sure he's got it in the works.

I drew brianB for a boater and we stayed in anchor bay. Lost a 2lbish smallie on my 1st cast of the day right at the boat - and was jinxed for the remainder of it. I proceeded to break a 10lb floro leader 4 more times over the course of the day. In a final flurry of frustration, i tied my tube straight to the 10lb power pro  - next bite that broke too! Nothing i could find wrong with my guides that would cause so many break-offs, wondering if it was just zebra mussels or what.

We managed 5 keepers and some throwbacks. Got on a green painted seawall pattern for LM and the smallmouth pattern was that i would get a bite, break the line and then a minute later brian would catch a keeper. :D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

MadWags

Coming up on the tournament we were short of boaters and needed a few. The morning of the tournament several nonboaters did not show for whatever reason and 4 boaters were stranded without partners. Dan and I decided to park his boat and just go fishing by the ramp in mine. We both took a 2 hour nap and talked about the website challenges. Oh and fished too! Dan caught a 5lb 9oz toad on a Methiolate Kicker Fish in 4' of water. After that we stopped fishing for fear we could win the tournament and cause an uproar from the members as us being paired was a ringer.  :o  Lots of wind lots of fun lots of fish lots of prizes including a beautiful Grandt Rods Golden Supreme baitcasting rod with gold cermit guides and 7' medium action for big bass. The rod was won by Skip Johnson for his huge 6+ smallie. Oh and he also won the tournament. Skip is a repeat winner and a big stick on LSC. He is also one of the humble-ist and well mannered anglers I know.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skip Johnson

Thank you for the compliment Dave.

It was a great day for Rob and myself (wolf fisherman)
I didnt get to prefish at all so it was tough getting started and had to pick at a few different spots but got dialed in pretty good, we had 23lbs by noon and lots of other nice fish that didnt make the cut that just made for a fun day for Rob and I plus a 6.2 smallmouth that was super thick and was likeley heavier than the golden rule said for the largemouth conversion.
all fish were sight fishing in several different locations, I hope Rob doesnt share where becouse I took him to some of my best stuff hoping for a fun day for both of us.
The Grandt rod is sweeeeeet, I just used it sunday monday and today.
A buddy flew in this weekend from sandiego just to fish, we got over 25 lbs each day this week...lots of fun, tons of fish...tons of wind and the largies are on fire, hes on a plane right now with a camera full of trophy 5 and 6 pound fish pics, his first smallmouth of his life he cought sunday and it measured out at 5-2 on the golden rule and was fat,  our best 5 largies today was over 20lbs plus a 25 lb limit of smallies, yesterday I cought a 6-10 and a 6-4 smallie on the golden rule...got pics...spring is here and it seems the fish are bigger this year on average  ;D

DK has the pic of the 6-2 so hopefully he uploads it.
Go Big or Go Home!

TCook

Thats what I thought, nicely done Skip.
FISH HARD!!!

Skulley

Quote from: Durand Dan on May 19, 2009, 06:00:58 AM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on May 18, 2009, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: TCook on May 18, 2009, 11:30:18 AM
So wheres all the reports and results from the DK open?

Ditto!!!!

BD           ;D

Guess you had to be there!
We ended up with about 15-1/5lbs. All largies. For safeties sake I chickened out and fished the canals with dborsa.

I was actually going to show up and fish, however my son broke his arm playing soccer the night before in a freak accident.  He was going for the ball against a defender from the other team when they both went down.  He fell on his left arm trying to brace his fall breaking the forearm in a 90 degree angle.  Both the radius and ulna were broken.  I spent about 4 hours at Providence Hospital with him as they had to morphene him up for the pain and then used another med to knock him out to set the arm.  I didn't get home with him until after 0100 hours because they had to make sure he would not have any negative reactions to he meds.  He wanted me to stay at home with him Saturday and hang with him.  He is absolutely miserable because he was supposed to play in a tournament this weekend in Pontiac with his club WazaFC.  He is a great soccer player for his age (8 years old) and has great potential in his soccer career.  He is now in pretty good spirits and can't wait to get back on the field.  I am very proud of him as during the initial injury he did not cry at all.  He comes from a very long line of "tough guys".  I love to watch him play as he is very exciting out on the field.  I love watching him play more than fishing and life itself.  I am bummed out for him.  He is my best buddy in the world.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

I wish the best for your son and a speedy recovery.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

Quote from: MadWags on May 20, 2009, 06:32:03 AM
I wish the best for your son and a speedy recovery.

Thanks MadWags.  I will tell him this afternoon when he gets home from school.  I usually get home from work before him.  He will appreciate it.  I invite anyone to come watch him play after he recovers.  He is exciting as is his team.

BD           ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Wolf_fisherman

Share what Skip? darn Old timers disease lol. We fished this weekend? what day is this? ;)
Carpe Diem

Skip Johnson

Quote from: Wolf_fisherman on May 21, 2009, 06:56:39 AM
Share what Skip? darn Old timers disease lol. We fished this weekend? what day is this? ;)

I forgot too ;D
Go Big or Go Home!

djkimmel

Sorry guys... I've been in bed all week with some type of plague. Coughing just slowing down some this evening. Only worked the day job one day this week and I don't remember that one much. Pictures and results on the way now.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.