Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2009 DK Open

Started by dartag, January 08, 2009, 08:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

Quote from: bob o on January 14, 2009, 09:09:03 AM
i vote for fletchers pond in the spring. mostly b/c of the low volume of boat/pwc traffic. oh and the great fishing too  ;D

I think... that will have to wait until I open up the DK Open North (in my '5 year plan' ;D)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

skeeterman190

Ill stick with Dan's ideas: St.Clair in the spring and White in the Fall. Im sure Rick Mast will show on this one so your lucky if you draw him! ill put up a fight.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

McCarter

What about Kent Lake out of the east launch for the spring, and for the fall open we could do Kent Lake out of the west launch.  that way its fair to everyone.

McCarter himself :-\'

djkimmel

Quote from: skeeterman190 on January 15, 2009, 12:48:02 AM
Ill stick with Dan's ideas: St.Clair in the spring and White in the Fall. Im sure Rick Mast will show on this one so your lucky if you draw him! ill put up a fight.-skeeterman-

Is Rick a member? If not, someone sign him up... I'll rebate a portion of the membership fee (easy to do when membership is free :D )

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: McCarter on January 15, 2009, 10:26:13 AM
What about Kent Lake out of the east launch for the spring, and for the fall open we could do Kent Lake out of the west launch.  that way its fair to everyone.

McCarter himself :-\'

Scarily enough... that does kind of make sense ??? But probably not doable... the west launch takes so long to drive around too... only been there once myself.

MadWags

In the spring we go to LSC. That's just how we roll here at Greatlakesbass.com. In the fall you can all discuss the best possible place to drive and catch limited amounts of fish. (compared to LSC) Seems as though we never get the turnout in the fall that we do in the spring. Hey I've got an idea! Lets have the fall DK Open on LSC.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

TCook

Rick is a member under RickM I beleive his son aaron joined recently as well. Dont think they ever log on though and doubt he would come out for a DK open.
FISH HARD!!!

LGMOUTH

Quote from: djkimmel on January 15, 2009, 02:51:40 PM
Quote from: skeeterman190 on January 15, 2009, 12:48:02 AM

Is Rick a member? If not, someone sign him up... I'll rebate a portion of the membership fee (easy to do when membership is free :D )

Im not sure if Rick actually knows how to use a computer, his voice mail on his phone is his wife telling you to leave a message for Rick. HMM i guess that says it all....LOL 
Love ya Rick (in a fisherman to fisherman way)

And Aaron is actually his nephew
and I dont think Rick would be against the DK open in the fall no matter where it is.

By the way my vote is St Clair in spring and White in the fall, Hopefully it can be scheduled so I can make them both.

And Im not against Kent Lake either.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

TCook

sorry about that I meant nephew
FISH HARD!!!

thedude

LSC / White sounds like a fantastic combo to me. hopefully white keeps up as good as it was in '08
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

TCook

LSC in the spring and White in the Fall would be ideal.
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

Well, I'm always glad when I hear people have signed up.

WayneC

Had a great time at the DK open today and recommend the event to all members, any chance they get.  It's a low cost, fun tournament and Dan put together some outstanding give aways including a first class Grandt Rod.  The best part is to hang out with the folks behind the screen names though.  I got to fish with Fowlmouth today, we took his boat and he was a gracious host and good stick.  Rob and I spent most of our day with the very active largemouth and had a blast.  Thanks Rob for the great net job on the big ugly winner, a 8.3 lb. drum.  Thank's Dan for the trout bait as part of the "other fish" prize.  Had fun!

Durand Dan

What a great day!! Caught so many Largemouth with Dborsa we lost count. And it was amazing meeting Megan. She's much prettier in person!! ;D

Skulley

Quote from: Durand Dan on May 16, 2009, 06:50:40 PM
What a great day!! Caught so many Largemouth with Dborsa we lost count. And it was amazing meeting Megan. She's much prettier in person!! ;D

So you drew Megan then.....huh Dan!!    ::)

BD         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

So wheres all the reports and results from the DK open? I hope it was not as windy on St Clair as it was up north on Grand lake. Out of the three days we were up there it blew 30-40 on thurs and sat and 20-25 on friday. We still fished every day for 10-12 hours but it really limited us to where and how we could fish. Hope you guys stayed safe and still cought some good fish.
FISH HARD!!!

Skulley

Quote from: TCook on May 18, 2009, 11:30:18 AM
So wheres all the reports and results from the DK open?

Ditto!!!!

BD           ;D

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassassasin88

Everyones got lockjaw after this coldfront.

MIBassKid

I don't have the actual results but it took over 23 lbs i believe and second was over 21 lbs. It was a tough day for most people. Big Bass was a 6+ Smallie on the Golden rule, but they say was probably bigger.  Im sure DK will post the results pretty soon.
-Luke

Durand Dan

Quote from: UAWBigDog on May 18, 2009, 04:08:30 PM
Quote from: TCook on May 18, 2009, 11:30:18 AM
So wheres all the reports and results from the DK open?

Ditto!!!!

BD           ;D

Guess you had to be there!
We ended up with about 15-1/5lbs. All largies. For safeties sake I chickened out and fished the canals with dborsa.