email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FT.Madison  (Read 4397 times)

skeeterman190

FT.Madison
« on: October 29, 2008, 08:25:18 PM »

Heres a crazy question im trying to figure out and can't(im retarded) which pool is it?? 18 or 19?? thanks guys-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Eric

• Legend
  • www.reelresponsesolutions.com
  • View Gallery
Re: FT.Madison
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 06:02:31 AM »

19.  Historically, you could lock up or down a pool if you desired,though.

dashaver63

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 03:39:14 PM »

I don't know of anyone last year that went through the locks. There were some good bags that came out of pool 19.

Flippin222

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 05:57:39 PM »

Fort Madison is in Pool 19 and is as good as any. Pool 18 backwaters just above the dam are pretty good as well.
Don't sweat the petty things; Don't pet the sweaty things

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:10:32 PM »

About 40 boats locked up to 18 last year.  I locked up on the first day - I found the fish harder to find up there, but the average size much better. 

Seth

skeeterman190

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 07:49:20 PM »

Hey thanks guys yeah 19 sounds pretty good. Sounds like it will fit me perfectly. now i just gotta get there. are there alot of wing darns in these stretches??-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

SethV

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Chevy Trucks Rule!
  • View Gallery
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 09:32:43 AM »

The north 1/2 of pool 19 has lots of wing dams.  18 and 20 also have a high number.  Stay in the bouys or you can lose a lower unit really fast.  The wing dams were on my GPS chart, but they can sneak up on you if you are not paying attention.

Stretch MFD

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:55:20 PM »

I found that several of the wing dams were silted in, but that could have all changed after the floods this year.

Larry

Jighead

• aka Doug Cummings
  • Fingerling
  • View Gallery
    • Fine Line Fishing Guide Service
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 07:05:21 AM »

I would tread lightly there anytime you get outside of the bouys - regardless of the wingdams.  I bumped trees and other timber in fairly deep water (6-8ft) while "pushing" an idle across flats to get to visible structure.  The extra time spent learning your way in and out of the channels during practice is time well spent.  TIP:  When you do bump that stuff that's not visible, hit your GPS and come back to fish it later  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge