Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What do you consider a good Michigan largemouth?

Started by Bass-Sniper, October 29, 2008, 12:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg

Quote from: bassmandan on October 30, 2008, 11:02:58 PM
2lbs decent, 3lbs good, 4lbs big, 5lbs+ toad

that sums it up pretty accurately. my personal best here is a couple of 6lb'rs out of maceday lk. for tournaments thou 3-4lb fish a number of times.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

djkimmel

Quote from: bassmandan on November 05, 2008, 04:45:40 PM
lawl, i got lost on how you went on to the election from 10lb bassies, makes sense now     :D

I thought he was talking about global warming...?!? ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

wacky

theres a few lakes around me that give up some pretty big largemouth we put two that went bigger the 6# this yr but i fish just about every day. there was a 7#2oz smallmouth taken out of the same lake and it was weighed on a meat scale at the market.

Skulley

A good bucketmouth in Michigan is one you can put your whole fist in its mouth and has a tail............ :P

BD                ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dashaver63

Biggest Michigan largemouth I ever caught was 4.8 on Belleville 2 years ago, it was part of a 14lb. limit I got during my club 2 day outing. There are also some decent largemouth at Moullie Point.(I think thats what it's called, big rocked in area some people call the bird sanctuary on Erie). Club member took a 15lb. bag out of there last August on a Zoom Brush Hawg. Down here in Ohio, all I have to fish thats close is our above ground, featureless reservoirs. I found that using a heavy football jig probing the bottom for the rocks the kids throw from the bank can be very productive for the biggest fish in the lake. I've taken some 5's and a couple 6's from those isolated rocks out in the middle of nowhere. Same thing on Erie I'm guessing. There is probably a pack of 10's that hold on an isolated rock pile thats so small, and so far from anywhere that it's never been found. Some of my biggest fish in San Diego when I lived out there came from areas that I never would have thought would hold any kind of fish, just decided to check out these places at the end of my day. Most big fish come from the most unlikely places.

Waterfoul

A good largie in Michigan?  Anything over 4 lbs is definitely noteworthy.  Personally I caught 6 fish over 4 lbs this season...biggest one was 4 lbs 13 oz. ... it's too bad only 2 of those came in a tourney!  Didn't catch a single one that topped 5 lbs though.  My biggest largie to date is a 25" monster I caught in Glen Lake on opening day 1983 trolling a rattletrap.  Didn't have a scale but the tape measure said 25" on the button.  Big spawn filled female that if I had to venture a guess was well on her way to 7.5 - 8 lbs.  It's one of those memories I will NEVER forget.  And the fish went back to finish her job.  Biggest smallie was caught that same year... 22 1/2" caught on the same bait in the same lake.  Again, back then I didn't have a scale so I'd guess that one on the + side of 6 lbs for sure.  1983 was a great year for me!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

hunlee

Any bass over legal limit siaze is good bass for Hunlee!!!!!!Preferance wise 3,,,4,,,5,,,6 pounder is best eating size for Hunlee

hunlee
hulee is friend to all people

djkimmel

Quote from: hunlee on December 05, 2008, 02:09:13 PM
Any bass over legal limit siaze is good bass for Hunlee!!!!!!Preferance wise 3,,,4,,,5,,,6 pounder is best eating size for Hunlee

hunlee

So happy your parole came through... congrats!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.