Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:40:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

What do you consider a good Michigan largemouth?

Started by Bass-Sniper, October 29, 2008, 12:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeterman190

Also got it!! u funy !!! haha those might be 3 -skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Skulley

I am willing to bet there is a 10lb smallie swimming around in Lake Erie somewhere????   I thought all you guys on this site were serious.  Silly me.........what was I thinkin'!!!!   :o

BD            ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Cheetam

Quote from: UAWBigDog on November 01, 2008, 05:14:20 AM
I thought all you guys on this site were serious.  Silly me.........what was I thinkin'!!!!   :o

BD            ;D
Us?  Serious?  Are you serious?   :D
Jeff

bassmandan

randy vandam caught a 9-8 out of erie, so a 10lb is out there somewhere
"dont stop keep fishing"

macbass

But the one randy caught in erie died on the way home. he was going to put it in his aquarium but now it is on his wall. I have caught 6 fish in michigan over 6 pounds numerous 5s> but havent caught one over 5 in 3 years. these were all from one lake in northern michigan. Martiny flooding.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

bassmandan

i didnt say it would be alive haha thats an old fish, but if a fish like that grew in erie there is a chance that a 10lb smallie could exist out there
"dont stop keep fishing"

macbass

you are right and from the gene pool there should be more out there. I also heard a rumor this was a few years ago that the DNR was doing lake shockings checking fish and shocked a large mouth out of Wabasis lake that was over 10lbs but that was a rumor.

IF ITS NOT A CAT ITS A DOG: BASSCAT PERFORMANCE BOATS www.thedropshotdenny.com www.hookednhunted.com

skeeterman190

I would verture to say that there are at least a few out on erie over 10! big water grow big fish so much to fish she could be anywhere! i think the next world record could come from there! although the southern impoundments have a larger growing season?? it has been a long while since the record was caught.-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

cr

My partner caught a 6.1 largemouth in Ford lake last year , a lake that is not known as a lake with big fish in it ,IMO, and it looked like a monster . I still haven't caught a largemouth over 5 , but I did catch a 6.42 smallie in the SC river this summer and it didn't look as big as the 6.1 largemouth . I think about all the private lakes that don't get fished as hard as the public ones and I'm sure theres huge fish out there somewhere . But a ten lb largemouth ? I don't know .

Cheetam

Quote from: CR on November 03, 2008, 09:57:32 PM
My partner caught a 6.1 largemouth in Ford lake last year , a lake that is not known as a lake with big fish in it ,IMO, and it looked like a monster . I still haven't caught a largemouth over 5 , but I did catch a 6.42 smallie in the SC river this summer and it didn't look as big as the 6.1 largemouth . I think about all the private lakes that don't get fished as hard as the public ones and I'm sure theres huge fish out there somewhere . But a ten lb largemouth ? I don't know .
You're right about the private lakes and ponds Charles.  My two biggest largemouth have been caught out of a private pond (one @ 26 inches -not weighed, and one 6lb 15 oz).  The owner of the pond has caught a lot of fish over 5 lbs from the pond and has caught a couple over 6.  The 6 lb 15 oz fish I caught there this year was huge!  I couldn't imagine what a 10lb fish would look like...
Jeff

chrisvmo

I have caught several over 5 on Long Reyerson lake in Fremont! It is a private lake. They stocked it with perch the last few years I think this helped the bass. I caught a 6.7 pound smallie out of the Grand Traverse bay this spring as well.

Got Fish??

I would say any fish over 4lbs is a good michigan large mouth. For those who say that big largemouth are far and few? I have put 10 largemouth 4lbs and larger in my boat in the last two weeks.Lake Erie ROCKS!

skeeterman190

Im sure ERIE ROCKS. But who really cares i hope this man make good on some promises. I think were all screwed... thank god for the minority vote that have no clue what they are voting for!!! -skeeterman- im sure im way out of place on this one but come on gimmie a break are u serious??
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

I hope we can all fish next year but i doubt it!! hopefullly im wrong??? but i think im not!!!!!!!!!!!!! goood luck... this world is DONE!!!!!!!!!! -skeeterman- hey i might be the a hole but oh well ill be right.
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

I LOVE GLB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#################
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Durand Dan

And we take you back to the topic at hand ;D

This is the link to the Master Angler Awards on the DNR site. At quick glanc, I see onw 10lb fish, several 9lb and quite a few 7 and 8's since 1994. Most are listed in inches, so it is hard to guess how much they weighted.

http://www.michigandnr.com/MasterAngler/MasterAngler.asp

djkimmel

I thought there was a picture over in the Grand Rapids area of a young boy who caught a 10 pound largemouth last summer?

Years back, a 10-pound largemouth, also caught by a young boy, was taken out of Diamond Lake... before the dam blew out. I do not doubt that one at all, picture or no picture. I've talked to a few big bass hunters in Michigan who have some tales to tell including a 12 pound bass that was supposedly caught and then lost out of a canoe on a lake that has one verified 9-4 largemouth from it previously.

I'll have to start tracking down some of these guys again... haven't checked in in a while. All I know, is I lika   da   catcha    all of the bass (but especially 3.5 pounds and above... especially in a tournament ;D).

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

skeeterman190

Yeah dont mind me i had to many .....um pops last night...
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

bassmandan

lawl, i got lost on how you went on to the election from 10lb bassies, makes sense now     :D
"dont stop keep fishing"