Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:10:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BURT AND MULLET!!

Started by skeeterman190, October 22, 2008, 07:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeeterman190

Wow is all I can say! These lakes are awesome! I fished the bfl up there this year and knew they were awesome. I never really stuck too many fish when i was there. so I was kinda just on another scouting trip for 5 days! I live almost 6hrs from there so any knowledge i can get is a plus. Burt lake is a big fish factory!!! I seen some of the biggest smallies in my life cruising there. Fishing wasnt on fire but we caught some awesome fish. The biggest smallie ive ever seen came in my boat from my buddy, too bad she was also the skinniest ive ever seen. It was a 24" fish that weighed 5lb3oz. It surprised me cause all the fish i was catching were fat footballs! I spent time on both lakes and found alot of things that will help in the spring!! I also had the greatest day of fishing ive ever experinced on a smaller lake up that way on Monday! It totally shocked me! I knew there were good fish there but my god! I seriously pullled a 28lb bag out of it! It was unbelievable! Wayne thanks, your tubes caught every single one of them!!!Go Canadian Mist! Ill post some pics when i get them up! There truly awesome! Man I love SMALLIES!!!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

LAPORTE

Sounds like you had a great time do you remember what the water temp was ?

Don L
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

skeeterman190

The water temps were pretty steady.@ 54-56. The cool mornings kinda made some temps flucuate but pretty steady in those ranges.. Frost on the boat cover 3 of the 4 mornings and fog so thick you couldnt see your trolling motor made for some interesting mornings. thank god for GPS!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

MBell

How was the water clarity on Burt?  I also caught a 21" that only went 3lbs 10oz this weekend on Saginaw,  all of my other fish were footballs though.  Don't know what that means but it's the firts time I've seen it.  Burt/Mullet are both great lakes, especially for big tournaments but the other lakes up there fish a lot easier.  Most people I know who fish up there have smaller lakes that they keep quiet for obvious reasons.  Good job, and post some pics if you've got them.
-Matt     

skeeterman190

Yeah ill get them pics my camera is toast but we got some on our phones and my buddy printed them out today@ Wal Mart. Yeah the smaller lakes up that way are awesome! I was really suprised by the size! Burt produced some awesome fish and seen some more! they are there! that lake is going to produce the next Michigan state record smallie! im pretty sure i seen him cruising! The Bfl is gonna be another slugfest next year and im ready!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Buckeye

I absolutley loved driving up there from Cincinnati this past year.  7.5 hours of peace and quiet and some beautiful country.  I only wish that it would have turned out better for me. 

Eric

skeeterman190

Im getting the pictures up here are some toad from my trip 2 weeks ago from burt and mullet-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

A 4 + and 5.2-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

This picture does this fish some justice. the fish in my right hand is 5.2... what a toad if it was eating!!! way to go jason you lucky little...-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

Jason with his burt toad!! and my dink of a 5lber!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

Some more awesome fish i love that place!!! these were on the last day along with the first one i posted, i didnt want to leave! kinda like the 12th hour with deer hunting we got on them good on monday the last day we were there!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

skeeterman190

Last one im gonna post some more monsters, both high 5's.. come on spring im ready! fished lake michigan today it was alright, some high 3's but thats all. come on SPRING@@!!!!!!!!!-skeeterman-
NEVER GIVE UP!!!

Gary Yamamota Baits
www.baits.com
Ice Mountain Water
www.icemountainwater.com

Ryan

Wow, those are some pigs!  :o  We were up there the weekend before you guys, I think, and it was pretty slow.  We caught a couple over 4lbs with the biggest being 4.5lbs, but none like you caught.  My dad and I mainly fished Mullett and finally started to figure them out a little bit our last morning fishing tubes very, very slowly on rocky points in about 11ft of water and had about 18lbs in a couple of hours, but then had to head home.  It sounds like maybe we were up there a week too early. Well, maybe next year...

-Ryan