Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 06:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

when is the pond trip?

Started by Frank, November 01, 2018, 06:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikesmiph

Black Friday I might be able to do.

dartag

djkimmel

Couldn't go yesterday. Doesn't sound like anyone made it. But this coming Sunday might be doable if there's an open back seat...?? Not thinking sunny and 85 is going to happen but fishing could happen...

Saturday I will be watching a certain event from afar called The Game with my fingers crossed, toes uncrossed, one eye open and one eye closed hoping to see the team that played the previous few weekends make my winter a happy winter. I haven't fished in 4 days, and I'm already feeling it... We need a warm spell or thick ice soon... one or the other. (Go Blue!)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Good thing no one contacted me about fishing... I wasn't in a mood to be around for several days... maybe next year.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

21XDC

2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max
I like fast boats and fishing.. I can do both the same day.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Next year for me to.   Packing for a couple months in Fla today.   Mike will keep us up to date on what is going on in there.   Hope it picks up for ya Mike. 

detroit1

Have a good trip Steve, and thanks again for letting me be your co at Mad-Wags this year. Catch some fish for all of us...
WAVE THERAPY

Hollada

Quote from: 21XDC on December 01, 2018, 08:31:55 AM
I hope everything is OK....

Wolverines got spanked by Buckeyes.  Wolverine fans don't deal well with that loss.......
Dan

2019 BassCat Caracal
225 Evinrude G2 HO
Humminbird Solix 12's
Minnkota Ultrex

21XDC

Quote from: dartag on December 01, 2018, 10:37:28 AM
Next year for me to.   Packing for a couple months in Fla today.   Mike will keep us up to date on what is going on in there.   Hope it picks up for ya Mike.

I fished the hot pond today 3-4hrs with Mark Geoetch...... All we caught were carp and shad... Not one bass.
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

dartag

Wonder if the Gill Net killed them all.   Sure are a lot of buoys on there this year.

21XDC

Yep... More than I have ever seen...  :'(
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

djkimmel

That's not good to hear... the bass should be in there by now? I'd still go if I could sometime though it's more fun if some bass are biting.

Meanwhile, I'm grudgingly wishing for consistent cold weather so maybe I can at least go ice fishing on ice that stays solid when I walk on it...

Firefighter Jeff

Question...... who the heck is netting what in there ???????   

dartag

There is a big barge / tank type boat with winches on it.  It is piled with gill nets.   Last year the barge had a lot of carp swimming in in.  They must harvest trash fish for sale.  There was 1 net full of very dead shad and other fish.   This year there were many floats with ropes attached.  Don't think they had nets attached.    Sadly we used to be able to sit right at the entrance and catch small to medium sized bass on crankbaits.  I think my best was 9 in 9 casts.  This year we never caught a bass only snagged the gizzard shad that live in there.

Mike may know more about it.

21XDC

Yes... They have permission to net the fish as they keep their boat on DTE property and dock. But I believe they are supposed to check the nets every couple days. They don't. They do throw back bass and other gamefish species.... Not always are they alive. I think that the carp/cats/sheephead etc crowd and smother the other fish and die. All of the marker buoys have nets attached.  >:(  Many more than in the past. They used to mostly net in Lake Erie outside of the hot pond. 

I have thought about turning them in for not checking nets since I fish there all winter... But who are they going to believe?
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

dartag

Hopefully the fishing improves.  I do enjoy going to see the Eagles that live in there.   

21XDC

Me too... I have seen up to 75 Eagles in 1 day... Up to 25 in one tree.  Many are juveniles w/o the white head. 
2003 21XDC Bullet
250 Yamaha V-Max

djkimmel

Sometimes, the only way to get something to happen is to report it. Doesn't always work. But doesn't always fail either. Better than not doing anything usually.

Team houston

I am sure the news media would love a story of a bunch of dead game fish.

dartag

Sadly to much press would probably lead to the closing of all fishing and boating in there.  Politics.