Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:34:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TBF/BFL/FLW rules ?

Started by umpire, June 15, 2008, 08:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

umpire

Since I'm new to all this, I would like to ask a question.  When I was pre-fishing Mullett I learned a little about "Boaters" and "Co-Anglers".  Now here's my question.  If I enter a fishing tourney as a Boater, and since I fish from a one man 10ft kayak, can I just bring along a extra life jacket and the safety harness from my deer stand and "drag" my co-angler along with me?  While I'm paddleing my kayak could my co-angler dog paddle behind me with his strap attached to the stern of my kayak?  You guys have you're blasts-off, we would have a swim-off.  Do the rules state that the co-angler has to be "IN" the boat?  Just a thought...lmao!

dashaver63

HAHAHA! I believe the rules states that the anglers have to maintane contact with the boat, and I belive th "co-anglers leash" would cover that. The only drawback is that I think there is an18' minimum on the size of boat. That would be a sight though, and it would be my luck that I would be the that draws the "leash", and probably in boat #1 just so I could get the full effect of a 110 boat blast off on St. Clair. Man, THAT would ruin your day!

MadWags

10. Boat and horsepower regulations

All boats must be propeller driven, a minimum of 17 feet in length and have a rear deck.
All boats must be equipped with wheel steering; no other steering device will be permitted. No barges or similar cumbersome crafts will be permitted.
No barges or similar cumbersome crafts will be permitted.
Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment.
Boats must contain a properly aerated livewell space to maintain alive a limit catch of bass by both contestants.
Maximum horsepower for all outboards used in tournament competition will be 250 horsepower, not to exceed the horsepower capacity set forth on the "Maximum Capacities" placard described below.
Each boat must have a clearly legible "Maximum Capacities" (or comparably titled) placard that includes a maximum horsepower rating affixed to the boat by the manufacturer.
The horsepower of the outboard engine must not exceed the maximum horsepower capacity specified on this placard or the 250 horsepower maximum set by FLW Outdoors.
By signing the entry form, each contestant agrees to submit their boat and/or motor to an inspection by FLW Outdoors personnel. Falsifying information on entry forms or altering the horsepower numbers on the motor or rating placard will be cause for disqualification from the tournament and may result in ineligibility to compete in future FLW Outdoors events.
Fishing platforms must be factory-installed equipment. No portable platforms may be used in tournament competition.
Fuel may be carried only in factory-installed (built-in) fuel tanks. Any additional fuel used during the tournament day must be purchased from a retail facility open to the public.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

A number of technicalities there... TBF of Michigan has their own set of rules with similiarities. TBF Inc (national) has their own rules also (the state team members will get copies shortly with their applications). Similar too.

Maybe... if you tie a large basket to the side of the kayak... and actually lash a float tube to the back... you might squeak in... if you wear one of those hats - the beanies with the little propeller on the top??? Not sure. Just a guess... :o

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

umpire

Wags, you showed me that my plan has a few problems.  I want to assure you that I'm working on correcting them. First, you pointed out that my 10ft kayak was 7 ft too short.  So I went and bought a 8ft section of PVC piping and duct taped it to the bow.  Then I went to the local high school and borrowed a javelin from the track team.  I put that into the PVC, and now I'm ready to ram and board any of the competion that catches my fish.  Second, the max on motors is 250 horse.  No Problem!  I bolted a small section of 2 by 4 in front of the kayak cockpit, and I have a trolling motor with about 20lbs of thrust hanging on that.  Well under the max for motors.  Third, no platform for my co-angler.  I got that covered as well!  I went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of Pressboard that was warped.  I got a really good deal!  I cut a 2ft by 2ft section that wasn't too badly damaged and Gorilla glued it onto the stern.  I would have made it bigger, but I have the battery for the trolling motor bungeed back there also.  I figure my co-angler can just stand on one foot.  Of course, when we move to a different spot, he'll have to get back in the water wearing my saftety harness from my deer stand, and help dog-paddle us around.  I'm looking forward to trying this out.  Now if I just had a co-angler.........lol.

stackenem

Umpire, You are forgetting one thing. You need that floating livewell for your catch and you will also need to seperate it so your fish don't get mixed up with your co's fish maybe you could put your's in the bottom and his on the top.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

REEL_MAN

where did you put the steering wheel?  As far as the live well get 2 floating baskets and wire them to the back plat form, can't get better aerated than that. ;D ;D

Reel Man