Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

        Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

              Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008  (Read 12480 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • aka Doug Cummings
  • Fingerling
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 96
  • View Gallery
    • Fine Line Fishing Guide Service
Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 01:24:37 PM »

Welcome aboard, it's going to be good to have someone that is in direct contact with the requirements!  ;D No more he said, they said.

Yeah...what he said!



Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 04:56:20 PM »

Terry, I hope you don't mind but I posted your contact information on another forum site. Ohio Gamefishing Community. There are a lot of charter fishermen and walleye anglers that like to fish Canada and are looking for answers also.


Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 06:18:38 PM »

Terry:   welcome aboard, and thanx for the clarification.  I am sure over the next few weeks as the weather breaks, many more anglers will want clarification of the rules.  I personally am renewing my passport so as not to have any issues.  A few questions that did come up though:

1 - will the new passport card suffice instead of a book passport?
     (card is good for international travel only be land or sea)
      $20 instead of $75 seems like a deal if you do not plan on flying internationally

2 - previously asked - if you refuel without leaving your boat, must you report in?

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them


Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »

I need to know what license I will need to fish the DK Open, even though it seems like i remember someone saying we would only be able to fish Michigan waters.  Let me know please.  Thanks

Live to fish, Fish to live.


  • Life is too short. Go fishing.
  • Sponsor
  • Legend
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1,028
  • Dan and I go back a little ways.
  • View Gallery
    • MadWags Website
Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2008, 09:18:49 PM »

Michigan License
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.


Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2008, 06:23:58 PM »

Thanks reigning champ, now I have been given advice by the winner.  Better look out for me now! ;)

Live to fish, Fish to live.


Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2009
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 03:42:43 PM »

So do I only need a passcard if I live in Indiana and want to fish the canadian side without setting foot on land?


  • Administrator
  • Legend
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 18,507
  • Welcome to - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
Re: Border Crossing Requirements for 2008
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 09:33:49 PM »

Do you mean the passport card? If so, then I believe the short answer is yes.

Here is the longer answer. I always want to remind people that this is the information I know to the best of my ability based on research and discussion, but no guaranty and that an officer does have the ability to stop you coming back into US water and assume you have landed, therefore requiring you to have one of the required documents so just be knowledgeable and prepared.

ALL PERSONS traveling by land and sea outside of the United States are required to present a passport book/card, or other valid travel documents to enter or re-enter the United States.

The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security’s website:

    * Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document (see below) when entering the United States.
      Please Note: Children under age 16 will be able to continue crossing land and sea borders using only a U.S. birth certificate (or other form of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate.). The original birth certificate or a copy may be used. See the Department of Homeland Security's Ready, Set.. Go! for more information on the changing travel requirements.


    * U.S. Passport: U.S. citizens may present a valid U.S. passport when traveling via air, land or sea.
    * The Passport Card: The passport card is only valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region, and Bermuda.
    * WHTI-Compliant Travel Documents for U.S. citizen travel via land and sea, as of January 31, 2008:

          o Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
          o State Issued Enhanced Driver’s License (when available)
          o Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
          o U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
          o U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
          o Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
          o Form I-872 American Indian Card

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up


Visit Other Features of using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge