Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 10:22:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Border Crossing Requirements for 2008

Started by yukonjack2, January 23, 2008, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jighead

Quote from: REEL_MAN on March 05, 2008, 09:21:48 AM
Terry,
Welcome aboard, it's going to be good to have someone that is in direct contact with the requirements!  ;D No more he said, they said.

REEL MAN
Yeah...what he said!

;D
www.YUM3x.com
www.BooyahBaits.com
www.XCaliburTackle.com
www.BomberLures.com
www.SilverThread.com

dashaver63

Terry, I hope you don't mind but I posted your contact information on another forum site. Ohio Gamefishing Community. There are a lot of charter fishermen and walleye anglers that like to fish Canada and are looking for answers also.

yukonjack2

Terry:   welcome aboard, and thanx for the clarification.  I am sure over the next few weeks as the weather breaks, many more anglers will want clarification of the rules.  I personally am renewing my passport so as not to have any issues.  A few questions that did come up though:

1 - will the new passport card suffice instead of a book passport?
     (card is good for international travel only be land or sea)
      $20 instead of $75 seems like a deal if you do not plan on flying internationally

2 - previously asked - if you refuel without leaving your boat, must you report in?

Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

1javelin

I need to know what license I will need to fish the DK Open, even though it seems like i remember someone saying we would only be able to fish Michigan waters.  Let me know please.  Thanks

Herman
Live to fish, Fish to live.

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

1javelin

Thanks reigning champ, now I have been given advice by the winner.  Better look out for me now! ;)

1Jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

TritonTR20

So do I only need a passcard if I live in Indiana and want to fish the canadian side without setting foot on land?

djkimmel

Do you mean the passport card? If so, then I believe the short answer is yes.

Here is the longer answer. I always want to remind people that this is the information I know to the best of my ability based on research and discussion, but no guaranty and that an officer does have the ability to stop you coming back into US water and assume you have landed, therefore requiring you to have one of the required documents so just be knowledgeable and prepared.

From http://travel.state.gov/travel/cbpmc/cbpmc_2223.html
ALL PERSONS traveling by land and sea outside of the United States are required to present a passport book/card, or other valid travel documents to enter or re-enter the United States.

The following summarizes information available on the Department of Homeland Security's website:

* Effective June 1, 2009, all U.S. citizens are now required to present a passport book, passport card, or WHTI-compliant document (see below) when entering the United States.
      Please Note: Children under age 16 will be able to continue crossing land and sea borders using only a U.S. birth certificate (or other form of U.S. citizenship such as a naturalization certificate.). The original birth certificate or a copy may be used. See the Department of Homeland Security's Ready, Set.. Go! for more information on the changing travel requirements.

U.S.PASSPORT AND WHTI COMPLIANT DOCUMENTS:

* U.S. Passport: U.S. citizens may present a valid U.S. passport when traveling via air, land or sea.
    * The Passport Card: The passport card is only valid for land and sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean region, and Bermuda.
    * WHTI-Compliant Travel Documents for U.S. citizen travel via land and sea, as of January 31, 2008:

o Trusted Traveler Cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST)
          o State Issued Enhanced Driver's License (when available)
          o Enhanced Tribal Cards (when available)
          o U.S. Military Identification with Military Travel Orders
          o U.S. Merchant Mariner Document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business
          o Native American Tribal Photo Identification Card
          o Form I-872 American Indian Card

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.