Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 05:58:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2008 Spring DK Open

Started by Skulley, January 22, 2008, 08:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skulley

I know I still have to make one of these but where and when is the 2008 Spring DK Open going to be???  And what about lakes...........St. Clair again..........or maybe Erie............or maybe somewhere inland???          ???  DK, it's your tournament named after you.........what's the scoop.  I know it's only January but this snow is giving me cabin fever and fishing withdrawls.  Fishing games on Wii and the computer just aren't cutting it.

BD              ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

MadWags

I spoke with Dan at the Novi Show and I think he mentioned another paper tourny on St. Clair.
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skulley

I am up for that.  As much as I hate paper tourneys.  I don't even fish my club paper tourney.  I like to see the fish.  I have seen where a fisherman in a paper tourney catch the same bass off the same bed five times and then cash a check.  However, with Dan it's different because it isn't for anything except bragging rights.  And I can live with that.

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

St Clair sounds good to me, hopefully I get lucky and May 3rd or 4th is picked for the date, its the only weekend I have open that month.

T
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

It will be St. Clair again. I talked to Anthony about piggybacking with his ABA I think later in May. I'll look at the schedules this weekend and pick a date. It will be on a Saturday. Need to get it on the calendar and let everyone finish planning their schedules.

It is for fun and mostly get to know, but I do ask that people don't catch the same visible bass off of a bed more than once. You can only count the same fish once just like if it were caught and brought to weighin later in the year.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

dartag

" It is for fun and mostly get to know, but I do ask that people don't catch the same visible bass off of a bed more than once. You can only count the same fish once just like if it were caught and brought to weighin later in the year.  "

with the high entry fee and huge pay back i can see this happening.   but if you give me the location of the big bass we will guard it all day.  looking forward to being there.

ss

Revtro

Looking forward to it again this year.  It was a lot of fun meeting some of the GLB folks.  We had bad weather that day, but we still caught 'em.  I think later in May would be great since there's a better chance for good weather.  I'm still voting for a DK Trail. 
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Team houston

It was lots of fun last year. This year I may try for a big drum seeing as the prize was a nice reel. Who know it may be a boat this year LOL.

Skulley

And if I remember right, Cast n Blast is the defending champion with ultimate bragging rights until the upcoming 2008 DK Spring Open.  Am I correct???

BD               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Skip Johnson

I wasnt alone I had jason and chris as part of my team and we had a blast, we got into them pretty good I plan on defending the title ;D
Go Big or Go Home!

dashaver63

I had a great time at the fall open, I'm looking forward to the spring open. Now if you don't mind, all this talk of fishing is making this winter seem even longer. January is already in its 9th week, 12 or so weeks of February, THEN we start getting serious for the season. I have gotten 2 confirmations for the BFL's, waiting on the other three, but wait, IT's STILL JANUARY!!! AHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

djkimmel

cast n blast captained the winning boat. Additionally, after my annual independent audit of GLBass.com activities, I inadvertently ripped him off of big bass money (I stayed up too late the night before handwriting out the weigh slips or something ;D). Sorry cast. Your entry will be fully covered this year if you can make it!!

As far as getting it here, for some reason now, things seemed to drag on forever, and move way too fast all at the same time!?! Not sure how that works exactly... but it does! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MadWags

Skip,
I thought you were not tournament fishing in 2008.
Now I see your coming to the biggest tourny of the year.
darn. And I thought I could fish your spot. LOL!
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

Skip Johnson

free entry fee...cool  ;D

I can count on one hand how many tournaments Im fishing in 2008 and the dk open is one of them if its not the same weekend as nationals, I have to fish the NBAA nationals may 15th to the 17th.

Im saving money to fish the BASS opens in 2009 and the FLW TOUR on erie this year if I get confirmed.

top bass on may 24th at saginaw bay has cought my attention but if dan holds his tourney on the 24th I will fish the dk open instead.
Go Big or Go Home!

Skulley

If I could get free entry fee, I'd fish one tournament in 2008 too.  The biggest in Michigan.  The 2nd Annual DK Spring Open on Lake St. Clair.  Everybody who is anybody will be there.  Rumor has it KVD is fishing this year................ ;).  Rumor has it BASSFISHERMAN is going to be there.  Heck that's bigger than KVD.

BD             ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Dan

What! Bassfisherman is coming. I'll be there! I've seen KVD many times. Anybody have the new Bassfisherman hat yet? He's got a great website.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

motocross269

Dan,,, Don't beat me up on this too bad, but we may want to consider launching out of Metro this year...Last year the Largemouth where stacked in there and this would give the opportunity for smaller boats to get in and feel comfortable fishing Metro without having to run across the bay..
I know you are are thinking about piggybacking with ABA, but it is just a thought.
I will plan on being there as long as work doesn't hammer me too bad.  It was a blast last year.

djkimmel

I don't know. I'll think about it, but it is more expensive to go out of Metro Park. And I may need to get a permit from them...? Probably.

It's not far to run around the corner into the shortcut if people know how to get in there.

Also, they can take the other Harley opening into Belvedere Bay and over to Selfridge for even more shore fishing that can be good for both largemouth and smallmouth.

I guess if a good number of other participants would prefer to go out of Metro, I can look into it. A far number of boats have wanted to run North too that time of year.

I forgot to pick the date for this - sorry guys. Anthony is over his annual winter plague just today so I'll take a look at the schedules and the various complications, and see what it left.

motocross269

That's right I forgot about that cut off being there..
There is good fishing in the bay between the Clinton river and Metro also...
Anglers with smaller boats should definetly not be afraid to bring them that time of year...I had a blast last year just catching Largemouths. You may not win the tournament, but pulling largies out from under those docks is hard to beat.