Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:41:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Saint Claire Report Five Days End of May

Started by Rangerman, May 28, 2016, 12:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rangerman

Fish on the beds at 11 mile Purple/Blue wall in 7' hitting white or pearl tubes and drop shot. Lots of bedding fish all over the West side that's where we fished from Crocker to Gross Point Marina. Just look for beds and dark spots and drop a shot or tube on them.  Early in am catch em on swim baits a jerk bait doing a drift in 8' into about 3'.  Most coming at 4-3.5 foot. Once sun up good look for beds. Hard to see in the wind, but find em and mark em when it's calm and go back when the wind kicks in. That' my story and I'm sticking to in :) Enjoyed y'all lake from Sunday to the following Saturday, please look out for it great fishing. I do wish i could and hope to get back once the bedding is over and they start running in wolf packs and kick some real bass in large numbers 8) or during the May fly hatch. 8)

djkimmel

Glad you had fun, and you get to come back. The fishing should be better later even.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Rangerman

How about a post when the Mayfly Hatch just starts :) Would like to get back for a week to wack em on the topwater.

djkimmel

The Mayfly hatch has started I was told. I haven't been there to see for myself but it's time and the source is a good one.

Plus the cottonwood is falling and that's another sign that it is topwater time.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: djkimmel on June 06, 2016, 07:43:54 PM
The Mayfly hatch has started I was told. I haven't been there to see for myself but it's time and the source is a good one.

Plus the cottonwood is falling and that's another sign that it is topwater time.

I thought the cottonwood meant the bluegill were bedding ???  :)

Mojo

Mayfly slicks are starting, but not huge yet..... should be real soon.
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on June 07, 2016, 11:10:59 AM
Quote from: djkimmel on June 06, 2016, 07:43:54 PM

I thought the cottonwood meant the bluegill were bedding ???  :)

Could be... bluegills bed right after bass do and bass start going topwater about that same time as they start chasing the bluegills so...

Rangerman

Based on the Super Dooper 1st and 2nd week in June trips we have had and the good but not super doopers in late May I think I try and get a convoy of the Lake Norman Mafia to head up the second week end in June for a week or two.  Ding Dong what a lake during the big Mayfly hatch. Love it please take care of y'all lake one of if not the best smallie lake in the country 8) We may not out fish em but we always have a good time. Just wish it was not 12 hours one way :)

djkimmel

Distance makes the hear grow fonder... I heard that somewhere!

Rangerman

OK lock up the women and children, the Lake Norman Mafia is headed back up 780 miles to very hopefully jerk many mucho grande smallies 2nd week in June this year 2017. so please get the mayflies to start there thing just a little before June 9, 2017 ;D ;D

djkimmel

Will depend on the coming (hopefully) warmth and some reduction in the east winds! Good luck!