Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 01, 2024, 01:55:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

St. Croix Avid 7'6" ML X-fast 1pc Spinning Rod

Started by MBell, November 05, 2007, 11:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBell

Bought this rod last week, too lite for my needs.  Bought friday and fished it for the first time yesterday, so it is in new condition.  List on this rod is $170 looking to trade for a St. Croix avid spinning 6'6" or longer Med or MedHvy 1 piece rod in good condition or $120 plus shipping.  It's in my boat up north so pics will have to wait until next week.
-Matt

Cheetam

Too bad you don't have a need for a casting rod...I have three avids in varying lengths/actions.  I would trade any of them for the ML...
Jeff

MBell

Don't use nearly as many casting rods, I usually only keep four in the boat and thats enough most of the time.  Going to try a the rod for a few different things this weekend, I'm sure I'll find something I can use it for. 
-Matt

Waterfoul

If you don't have a rod dedicated to drop shotting... this would make a decent rod for that application..... light... sensitive, and it won't allow you to set the hook too hard (little hooks on drop shots don't work well with a big hookset).  I already have the same rod for this very thing!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mojo

;D ;D

How would this compare to a Shimano crucial 6'8 or 7'2 med with a f tip for drop shot ?
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Waterfoul

This Avid will be more "forgiving" than the Crucial.... and in my opinion a better rod for drop shotting.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

thedude

i use the same rod for my drop-shot. its very sensitive and good action for a drop-shot. loads up nice and absorbs all the shock from the fish... keeps those little hooks set.  ;)
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

fiker

I tried drop shotting this year for the first time. I used an Outlaw rod and was happy with that. 
How does that compare with the St. Croix?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

thedude

i only have an outlaw baitcaster, but i would surmise the quality to be comparable. St. Croix.
outlaw's replacement warranty is better than st. croix's and would be a few bucks cheaper too ;)

West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

MBell

Rod sold.
Thanks, Matt