Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 02:42:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BFL Qualifier Pre-Fishing Rules

Started by spinnerbation, February 11, 2016, 12:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spinnerbation

I thought I would come on here to get some insight on this as I've gotten some good information here before. I want to clarify the rules of Pre Tournament Practice for BFL (MI) Events. I am strictly speaking of the Qualifiers / Super Tournament and not the Regional.

If I understand correctly there is No Official Practice Period for the Qualifiers and Super Tournaments as per Rule 5:

"5. OFF-LIMITS, PRACTICE &COMPETITION • There is no practice period or off-limits period prior to the pretournament meeting for each qualifying tournament, super tournament and the wild card."

Then Rule 4 States:

"4. PURCHASING OF INFORMATION •The purchasing of, or bartering for, information about locating or catching fish on tournament waters, including but not limited to GPS waypoints (other than through commercially available sources) and the hiring of fishing guide services is not permitted after the entry deadline for each qualifying tournament and super tournament..."
-----------------------------------

If I am reading this correctly for the Qualifiers, Super Tournaments & Wild Cards only (not the Regionals) in theory, could I practice with anyone (except a Guide) whether or not they are registered in the event?

I am asking because I have a buddy who does not T-fish, he just likes going out for fun. He has virtually 0 knowledge of the waters from Sarnia/Port Huron to Pelee. If anything I am showing him stuff not him me. And I am not paying for a service. I would like to Pre-Fish in his boat because his is just much better than my own lol. Would I be breaking any rules by doing this? Has anyone else practiced this way without any issues before?

I would contact the T Director butI am not registered yet so I don't know who it is this year.

spinnerbation

I guess the main thing I am getting hung up on is even if I am not purchasing a guide or information, would fishing in a non competitors boat for fun be viewed as "bartering" for some obscure reason. Or if pitching in for gas could be construed as hiring a guide lol. I suppose this will likely be a case of the Tournament Director's discretion.

Team houston

djkimmel

Team houston is right on this. You can fish with anyone who you are not paying or otherwise offering a lot of value to in exchange for information. If your friend is not a licensed fishing guide you should be perfectly safe fishing with him.

Your intent is to spend a day or days in the boat with a buddy, not to get an unfair advantage over anyone else who can also do the same thing before the tournament with their buddy or friend. It's a rule of intent and your intent and situation wouldn't raise any flags that I can see.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

spinnerbation

Great Thanks! That's what I was hoping to clarify! I am currently in the process of getting him to register on here so we can fish Mad Wags too lol. :D

dartag

If you have any question on the rules call FLW.  Nothing worse than losing your entry fee for something simple.