Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 18, 2024, 11:54:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2017 Boaters

Started by Big dreams, January 05, 2017, 08:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big dreams

Hey guys,
I am looking to try the BFL this year.  I have been told that it is best to link with a boater.  I am not sure how this process works but if there are any boaters without a linked co, can you let me know?  I appreciate it.

Thanks,
CJ

Team houston

Enter NOW if you have not. If you cant get a boater link they take co anglers by who signed up the earliest. Just remember to have fun and learn some things.

Big dreams

I have to pay up front right?  Never done this before.

Team houston

Yes, call them up they will answer all questions. 270-252-1000

Big dreams

Well it's official.  I'm signed up to fish all 5 events.  Hopefully there are enough non linked boaters.

Team houston

Keep looking for a boater. If you don't find one, at the first meeting tell the tournament director and he will make an announcement to the crowd you are looking. That usually works. Have fun.

dartag

BD   Since you are new to this I would suggest you contact TH for some tips on being  co angler.  He can fill you in on what to do and not to do.   Remember it's about having fun and learning.    Post a report on your day weather its good or bad. 

Big dreams

I've never fished either St. Clair or the Detroit River.  I heard I might need to get a Canadian license.  Is this true?  If so, what else am I missing?

WishingIwasfishing

Canadian for sure. You will also need a Walpole license and maybe a Ohio if your going to end up in Erie.

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hopefully we can get full reports through out the year. Good luck!!

Team houston

I would get the yearly Canadian one. You will probably fishing in Canada waters quite a bit during the year. Ohio and Walpole is less likely. The Ohio one you can get online the night before if your boater tells you he is going there. I am not sure if you can get the Walpole online yet but you can pick them up at a few stores. Lakeside tackle and the BP gas station at 9 and Jefferson I have heard. You will need to get the Canadian sportsman card also. Its good for three years. You can order both online also at OMNR. Just google Canadian fishing licenses.

Team houston

Oh yes make sure you get the sport version and NOT the conservation one. The sport one lets you keep a full limit of fish in the boat. I just did mine for the yearly it was $85 ish including the service fees. The sport card is under $20 I believe.

Big dreams

Awesome, I will go online tonight and get the Canadian sport version with the sportsman card.

dartag

If you have a passport make a photocopy of it.  Or you may want to get an Enhanced Drivers License.  It will be required if your boater goes to Canada.  Which is almost guaranteed.