Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:16:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Basstrix

Started by McCarter, October 16, 2007, 01:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McCarter

I know there was another thread on these a while back, but i couldnt find it.

I just wanted to point out (again) just how ridiculous bass fisherman can get when it comes to having 'hot' baits.

There are a ton of these Basstrix 6" paddle tail minnows on ebay right now.  And the starting price for a pack of 3 baits (yes, one pack of 3 baits) is $15.99 plus $5.50 s&h.  Thats just what the bidding starts at.  There is an auction ending in 3 hours for a single pack of 3 soft plastic Basstrix paddle tail whatevers for $42.00.  There are 18 bids so far.  I cant wait to see what this single pack of 3 soft plastic baits ends up selling for.  On top of that, there are several other auctions ranging from $28 to $38 dollars for a pack of 3 of these baits.  For that price, these things better guarantee a new state record, and buy you beer afterwards. 

Crazy.

McCarter himself :-\'

joshimoto son

Brian,

Del has these molds on his website. Just thought I'd let you know if you don't already.

joshimoto son ;D

Dan

Who is Del? I know you guys had a pouring lesson last year that many attended and I didn't make it, but would like to learn the ins and outs if it is going to happen again. Here's a knock off of the Basstrix paddle tail tube - link removed
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

McCarter

I seen that Josh.  Truth be told, i could make the exact same thing for about $1.50 here in my shop.  I was reading about amonth ago and they were then using butter knifes to make em.  Dont remember what exactly they did about the tails, but i do remember Del doing a small article involving dipping a butter knife into the plastic.

SOme else that was cool and gave me a good idea of how to make some tubes is the fact that he uses an Arizona Ice Tea can to dip his basstrix imitators in.  I wanna try it with some 3/8 round stock and see how it works for some toobers.

Hey, its that time of year again.  We's gonna have to get together and make some baits.  I gots some new molds we can play with.  And, i need to make some molds with resin again but need your supervision and your cool little tray.

McCarter himself :-\'

MBell

Quote from: McCarter on October 18, 2007, 07:36:32 AM
SOme else that was cool and gave me a good idea of how to make some tubes is the fact that he uses an Arizona Ice Tea can to dip his basstrix imitators in.  I wanna try it with some 3/8 round stock and see how it works for some toobers.

A 3/8" rod will make a chunky tube, probobly good for Erie/St. Clair.  Most standard tubes are on 1/4" rods, also use aluminum it will cool way faster.  If you add some salt right before you dip, it will help the tube slide off the rod  very easily.  I have heard about the butter knife, was going it try it once I got back into pouring this winter.  Anyone know where to get the eyes cheap?
-Matt 

LAPORTE

Hello-

Hey guys I'm new to the boards and bass fishing in general. But I have had some thoughts on making my own tubes. I'm pretty handy at making jigs and fixtures. Is there any way that when you start the process of making them I could meet up with you guys to learn more on how to make them?

thanks Don
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

joshimoto son

Replies to all asking parties,

Del is Del Wilcox, he owns Del-Mart molds and it the place I initially started buying all my stuff to pour my plastics. He is a genious with a CNC machine and can put out some very nice molds.

www.del-mart.com

Roger that broham McCarter, we can do something like that. My pouring has now come down to an emergency use only basis. See-ins how I just bought a house and got engaged. I've been pretty busy. I probably won't do a lot of pouring until I can get the new facilty set up, when I do, I'll be able to do a couple more pouring sessions for the people who want to learn.

Again, when I get some time, I should actually write a how to article on here.

I actually have made a couple friends fishing the Stren Series this year, Bobby Lane is one of the guys I met ad he gave me one of the Basstrix swimbaits to try. The thing actually looks amazing in the water. I have also met a guy from Japan, Atsushi Nakahigashi, he is going to hook me up with some of the Japanese soft plastics and I am currently in the process of trying to make them as well. I've got lots of cool things to teach and do... I just need to get 'em set up.

joshimoto son ;D

Cheetam

Quote from: joshimoto son on October 18, 2007, 12:53:06 PM...See-ins how I just bought a house and got engaged. I've been pretty busy. ...

WHAT?  When did all this happen?  Congrats Dude!
Jeff

joshimoto son

Cheetam,

I can trace it all back to when my season took a turn for the worst. I guess the big guy upstairs didn't feel like I should be able to continue on my streek of great tournament finishes AND get the biggest catch of my life in the same year. That day would be June 9th.
Between that and donating my money to the fine anglers on the FLW Stren Series, I've been pretty busy this year.

Next June 28th there will be a Mrs. johimoto son and 7 year old step daughter joshimoto son.

djkimmel

Wouldn't that be... joshimoto 'daughter' ???

I remember you mentioning this earlier. Don't know if I congratulated you then so congratulations now.

If'n someone was ta write up a how-to article, it could probably end up on the permanent articles index on GLBass.com...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

joshimoto son

I think I could get one done. I'll see if I can at least get it started, then maybe add some pictures.

Waterfoul

Big article in the Nov. BASS Master magazine.  Sounds like a great bait that you just can't get!! 
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

Thanks to the great sponsors of GreatLakesBass.com, we have great access to a variety of fishing tools and lures including Basstrix - Mike's Rx Baits carries a good selection of Basstrix lures and you can often get them from his online store if you don't live close to his Morenci Michigan location.

Just click on the link for his store on the left side of this page and go to his BASSTRIX link. Mike's Rx Baits carries quite a selection of the harder to find bass lures. He also carries P-Line.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.