Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 09:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2007 Fall DK Open Boater/Nonboater Draw

Started by djkimmel, September 23, 2007, 11:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

2007 Fall DK Open - Lake Ovid
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Launch: 8:30 AM
Sleepy Hollow State Park:  517-651-6217
7835 Price Rd
Laingsburg, MI 48848

Here's the initial random draw for participants that I have as coming - we have one extra boat so far and I drew odd man out, but I'm sure we can find at least one more person by Saturday:

Boater
cfruel............
VinceR...........
Durand Dan.....
MadWags.......
yukonjack2.....
Bender...........
stackenem......
Dan Kimmel.....
Nonboater
fiker50
MIBassKid
Ryan
mojo
Jay-MadWags
Hooksetter
dashaver63
fowlmouth

I won't change the draw unless something happens to someone. Let me know.

Please be at the boat ramp by 8 AM. The main entrance opens by 8 AM and I expect it will be open a little earlier than that which means the shortcut night entrance off of Shepardsville will be closed (see Mapquest.com map link for park above).

UPDATED

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Forgot something important. Entry fee is $7 total per person with $2 of that being big bass.

We will fish until no later than 2:30 PM.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

MIBassKid

I think Vince put a little money in Dan's pocket for this draw...He doesn't care about winning, he just wants redemption from Wixom.  ;D Just kidding Vince, we're going to kill 'em out there.
-Kid

MadWags

Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

djkimmel

fowlmouth

Dan, ya got room for 1 more? my plans for the duck opener have changed, I can go boater or non

dashaver63

Madwags, bring all the mojo you can carry, I love a challenge. 

djkimmel

All the mojo he'll have probably weighs only about 180... I don't know if he can carry that much or not. We'll find out...

djkimmel

Quote from: fowlmouth on September 26, 2007, 02:38:35 PM
Dan, ya got room for 1 more? my plans for the duck opener have changed, I can go boater or non

Sure, we got room. You'll have to fish with me though. I'm all that is left. I have to bring my boat anyway. I have a leak that I need to track down after the event on the water. A hose or pump is probably broken. Don't worry. We won't sink. It's a Ranger and I have 3 pumps. Another Lake Erie exacerbation.

I don't want to switch people around if I don't have to so let's leave it like it is, how about?

Mojo

Time to put down the ol tuber & drop shot rods and get back to good ol hunting fish !

I need to perform a new trailer ritual so only GOOD Mojo gets on the boat at the dock. Madwags - we will have a blast  8)

Dont forget your Frog fishin rod guys. Remember last year the fun we had with those blow ups in the guewy stuff  ?!!
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

yukonjack2

Guys:

With this being a state park, and the looming political stalemate in lansing on the budget, I saw that one of the shutdowns was state parks.  Can we still get in the park, or is there going to be a locked gate?  Is ther an alternate launch we might plan for?

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them

VinceR

Jack, the shutdown (if it occurs) won't take effect until Monday, Oct. 1. The parks will be open through the weekend.

And fellows, Lake Ovid is PEA SOUP, top to bottom!

djkimmel

We can get in on Saturday... but PEA SOUP!!! Vince, we didn't need to know that. Although, if it has been pea soup for a few days, we may be okay. I've done really bad there in pea soup, and really good too.

Cy

Pea Soup Sucks!!!  It's probably too late for a change of venue?  I guess we will have to make the best of it.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

dashaver63

I fished Ford last Saturday and that's where all my fish came from was the thick, almost paint-like slimy stuff. couldn't get bit anywhere else.

MadWags

Quote from: VinceR on September 27, 2007, 10:37:48 AM
Jack, the shutdown (if it occurs) won't take effect until Monday, Oct. 1. The parks will be open through the weekend.

And fellows, Lake Ovid is PEA SOUP, top to bottom!

OOOOOOH! Pre fishing are we Vince?
For a tournament that has a $7.00 entry fee?
Why I oughta.......
Actually I did some virtual pre fishing today.
I found the cover in the lake that is very close to what Ovid has and was very successful in my practice.
I am confident that with my boat having the mojo we will prevail.
;)
Original song and lyrics by "MadWags"

What's with the news these days on the TV and the radio. Can't find the truth amongst the lies. Some talking head that claims to live their life in a better way, says I have to compromise. But now there's something on the rise. Truth has opened up my eyes. There's no running from your dirty lies. You can't avoid the truth. I'll no longer close my eyes.

VinceR

Shhhhh, Dave. I was kind of hoping that nobody would pick up on that.

Besides, after Jason threw down that challenge, I figured I better come ready to back it up.

Jay-MadWags

Looking forward to meeting everybody at Ovid.  I'm sure a great time will be had by all. . .  But I'm still coming after you Vince, even if I have to fish in Pea Soup. 

I hope you're ready YukonJack!

See you all there!
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Durand Dan

Ryan,
Sounds like this is turning into a minature FLW tournament!   :o I hope your ready  ;D

yukonjack2

oh - I'm ready to load the boat!   WAtch out for that mojo - only cost me $500 last time(only kidding mike).

Jack
Jack Cahn

State Farm-Fenton, MI
Doug Mercer 810-714-0370

Bearclaw Taxidermy
Gladwin, MI  989-205-1724

Dantotsu-seeking sustainable competitive advantage through striving to be the best of the best, thereby having an effective lead over others and serving to be the pacesetter.

Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them