Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Big Bradford Lake

Started by Potter, August 21, 2007, 10:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Potter

I am camping at Big Bradford Lake this weekend near Gaylord.  I have never been there before.  I'm just wondering if anyone has any tips to get me started.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If not, I will post a report next week.

Potter

TheFishinPollock

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lake. Big everythig in it.  for all the years I have fished it. My best  luck has come from the east side. From the campground at the south end to the north side  by the old bever dam where the houses end.  I prefer to cruze the drop offs chucking flashy spinnerbaits for huge bass and pike. People with me have chugged along rapalas and have hooked up with some massive pike.   Take a minnow trap and catch some bait  for some of them huge yellowbellies <perch>that swim in there. I have neverrrrrrrrrr caught a darn thing off the west side of the lake even though there is a large amount of wood laying in the water. I have not made it over there as of yet this year.  Mabye this weekend if I have the time. I'll be in a gray/silver ChampioN. Wave  and I'll swing by and say hello.  Another good lake by there is Chub lake.  It's located about 5 miles east of old 72 off  the road that goes along the south end of Otsego lake. Otsego lake is supposed to have good walleye fishing now a days from what I hear.  Use to be a fantasticccccccccccccc lake untill they ruined it by puttin tigermuskies in it.   have not fished it in about 8 years though.  This is just what I hear about the lake.  Out front of the state park has always been a good area.  The south end by the marina use to be great till the home owners decided to take all the slab wood off the bottom that was there from the old sawmill on that site.   Hope this helps ya some.  Good luck to ya and wating to see your report on how ya did.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Potter

Thank you very much for the info!.  As for the report,  I fished Sat/Sun mornings until 9:00am for a total of 20 keeper bass.  It was pretty much an even mix of smallies and LM.  The water there was VERY clear and 70 to 72 degrees.  Most fish caught on topwater or drop-shot rig.  Best 5 fish either morning went about 12.5 lbs.  Points on the west side of the lake were very good as well as the narrows.  I did not run into any of the toothy critters (I consider that a good thing).  Don't give up on the east side of the lake ;), I did catch some nice green fish over there.  Overall, great weekend, very nice lake.  I will try to post pics when I can. 

Potter

TheFishinPollock

I see ya hit big B on the perfect day.   It is a fickle lake. Sometimes ya can go out in the morning and get nothing, then in the afternoon its  a feeding frenzy.  Glad ya had a great time on that lake. Liike I said . It is one of my favorites.  I forgot to mention how clear that water is .  I  have still yet to make it over there. I've been prefishing a lake I have a tourny on next weekend. Mabye we will get over there this holiday weekend.   Hope to have the same luck you did.  Did ya do any perch fishing?  And them toothy critters are a blast out there due to the sheer size of them. Sorry ya didn't hook into one. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Matthew
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc