Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 03:32:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Need help on Hess Lake

Started by Andy, June 04, 2007, 08:02:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy

Any of you good foke ever fish Hess?? My brother has a shop tournament there next month and would like me to fish with him. I have never been there and am not sure were it even is, so any good bass fishing info that can given out would be great.  8)

Thanks Andy

OUTLAW

I live 5 min from the ramp and I have not fished it in 2 years noof said. It is tuff lots of 14" fish that go 1.5 lbs lots of dock, no weeds and no real break line.

Start fishing the dock at the right of the ramp and stop when it is time to weigh in. Black red flake flippin tubes and black jigs are the best, the water is off color, and there are a toon of ski boats.

GOOD LUCK.

thedude

pay up your boat insurance and try to get through the creek to brooks lake.  ;D ;D
cess.. i mean hess is not much fun.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Andy

Cy

Sorry but you can't get through to Brooks...unless you can portage your bass boat.  I have a place on Brooks but I have never bothered to fish Hess.  Sorry.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Andy

Dan

Shallow coffe with cream colored water. I have been on the lake but haven't fished it. All I have heard is dock, dock, dock fish. Talk the shop boys into fishing Fremont Lake. Got a report from a Gentex work tournament last Saturday 20+ pounds won. That's a spawn tourney no doubt, but I have heard they get some good fish on that lake and it's not that much farther.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Eric

Somewhere on one of the flat is a hole.  The only time I've fished there, nobody really caught anything, except for the two guys that found this hole.  They took over 18 pounds out of it, including a 6 I think.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

Berkley

Its been 2 years since I fished this lake but we had most of our luck fishing with senkos. Look for slight depth changes on areas that resemble points. 

Andy

Quote from: Berkley on June 05, 2007, 08:12:37 AM
Its been 2 years since I fished this lake but we had most of our luck fishing with senkos. Look for slight depth changes on areas that resemble points. 

Boy this could be a reel fun one, depth changes THAT RESEMBLE POINTS :-\' but i do like fishing docks  ;D My brother is a walleye guy and he works with a bunch of bass guys.I think he would like to prove to them guys he can put bass in the boat as well as anyone.I better tell him to cut that lindy rig of his rod and start getting his pichen down. :D

springlakebassman

I have the lakemaster Michigan maps and there are three holes that I have found that will hold some fish.  To the right of the ramp in the first cove the first hole actually appears to be a dropoff on the south shore. The biggest hole actually is the center of the lake on the depth finder it is just going to appear to be the contour of the lake.  The best hole was mentioned in another reply. That is straight off the second major point on the south side.  This hole is deep and very sharp around the edge.  You will probably not win with this pattern but it could save you if the docks go quiet.

Andy

Thanks for the info. I think my brother has the same set of maps I'll check into it. Not much info to be found on the internet on this lake, unless your looking for a house to rent for the summer

BASS FISHERMAN

i fishs up thar on Hess befour an has killed thems  ;D ;D ;D
i fishs up long the bank an i chucks me spinners bait till i run out of fishin time  ;) ;) ;)
yeers ago i brings a 6lb 8oz an a 6lb 15oz to me boat in the same day but them fish arnt thar anna mure thats are mount on me wall at home   ;) ;) ;)
i do not kill bass annamure but in them days i take a few  ;D ;D ;D

:-* :-* :-* SKEETORS BOAT RULE  :-* :-* :-*   

:-* :-* SHIMANO REEL RULE  :-* :-*   

:-* :-* MINNE KODA TROLL MOTUR RULE  :-* :-* 

:-* :-* SPINNERS BAIT RULE    :-* :-*

:-* :-* DARE DEVALES RULE   :-* :-* 
i juss moves neer Belding on M-44 in Michigan USA
an verrie proud of it

Waterfoul

Pitch docks.  Then pitch docks.  When you're done.. pitch some more docks.  I personally won't fish Cess... I mean Hess again.  Busy, dirty, and tough to fish.

And Bass Fisherman... why is it you feel it's necessary to type like a yokel just out of the holler in Tennesee??
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Cy

Waterfoul...you should know by now...that's Bass Fisherman's thing.  ;D
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

OUTLAW

Why is it ok to pick on Bassfisherman but no one else, that has been beat to death and I am getting sick of it.

Waterfoul

Well, look at my post count... I am fairly new here and only visit maybe once a week or so... so if Bassfisherman's gramar has been discussed before I had NO idea.  I just find it hard to read and I usually just skip his posts because of it.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!