email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boat Carpet  (Read 1855 times)

TackleThis!

Boat Carpet
« on: July 27, 2014, 09:13:53 AM »

Looking to replace the carpet on my bass boat. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Cy

• GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
Re: Boat Carpet
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 10:53:53 AM »

I did my boat a couple years ago.  It's a lot of work but it's worth it when you're done.  Check out marinecarpeting.com for kits.  That's what I used and it worked great.  Get lots of marine glue and contact cement.
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

Kal-Kevin

• GLBass Friends
  • Big Fish
  • Kal-Valley Bass Club, Tournament Director
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2014, 07:58:14 AM »

Now that one you left wide open if your going with top of the line stuff CY is got a good answer for you but if your going cheap that is a different game all together. I run a old tracker that I change out the carpet every three or four year just cause I want to. I use indoor outdoor carpet for it and it works great for me, that I get at Menard's. Also what type of boat matters to how you go about doing it, some boats are easy to do it where other are a big job that you need to plan a long down time for. I got mine set up so I can do it in a afternoon if I want it done so yo uneed to see what you want and what you want to spend on it.

Steven Gray

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »

While using Menards marine carpet is a cheap way to redo your boat, it is not good for fishing boats. Pontoons ye, swimming plats yes. Bass boats and looped carpet do not match. This is what Manards sell. One ends up straightening a hook or pulling a loop out. After a short while your new carpet is junk. Use real marine carpet for fishing boats. You'll get long life and happiness,

TheFishinPollock

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2015, 10:01:33 PM »

I can make it easy for ya. Sell me that beast. LOL
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

TackleThis!

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 11:55:47 AM »

Hey Matt, check out the "beast" pics on re-carpet...Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge