Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:17:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Updated Mile rds report

Started by red68prostreet, June 02, 2014, 11:06:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red68prostreet

Hello,
         I have not seen an updated fishing report for the mile rds lately. This past weekend had to be good? Satellite views show the lake pretty clear. If anyone got out please describe the water clarity. I had family open houses so I could not get out. I have a good customer from out of town coming in fri so we plan on fishing sat. Last yr at this time we were getting 100 fish days with reports everyday.
         Details would be great!!
           Thanks,
                   Mark

Rangerman

Fished Mile Roads from May 17-22th. Water in area not really clear. Fish out deeper on tubes and swim baits very lite line in grass when it could be found. Also fished out of Selfridge due to wind during the week. We were too early for our annual #'s trip. Heading back up to LSC June 22 for a week. Fish M-F hoping to avoid some of the open season crowd and tournaments ;D Most likely fish the Mile Roads to Gross Point wind permitting. Water stained at Selfridge buy fish in the grass on Spinner Baits, Blade Baits, most on Senko's Wacky Stytle. Slow bite but good size fish 3-4lb. Be on the pond starting 23rd-27th. Got to make my Out of State License and DNR Launch Permit fee cost less per day ;D That a joke son. Hope this helps.

red68prostreet

I will provide an update. Went fishing fri with a very good friend of mine. We fished the mile rds between the two blue walls. In 7 hrs we caught 32 smallies and 7 rock bass. Most of the fish were in 6 to 8 fow. Clarity was very good early but wave and boat traffic by noon made visibility a bit more difficult. We caught bass on pop r's, spinnerbaits, dropshots, tubes, jerkbaits, wacky rigs, and my favorite a pink fluke on a 4/0 hook with no weight. Our biggest fish was 4.2 lbs but we had 16 fish over 3.0 lbs as we were weighing them. At one point I thought we were catching the same fish over and over because the size was the same.
Our best fish did come on the pink fluke and the dropshot. I was using a white bass pro shop crappie tube that is only about an inch long. To me it works quite well on the dropshot rig.
All and all it was great day on St. Clair with a good friend.

fiker

I also use tubes quite often when drop shotting.  Xtreme Bass' drop shot tube in Canadian Mist is a great one. 
Also the Strike King bitsy tubes work well. 
Both brands last a long time despite their small stature.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

jerkbait

I went out yesterday to the mile roads. Got out to my first spot at 7 a lot of boats already fishing. Started out away from the heard of boats in 3' to 5' throwing a spinnerbait.    Didn't take long to find a good area, was  full of scattered weeds and a good amount of beds. Pulled out 7 on the spinnerbait and then switched over to a tube for another 11 fish. I repeated this in all my spots, threw a spinner or  jerkbait until I caught a few then threw the tube for less active or a fish I saw in a bed. Largest about 4 lbs with a lot of 3s. Mostly smallies with a few good largies mixed in and one pike. Ended up somewhere around 40 fish.
I was happy 2nd time out in my boat and first time by myself. Boat traffic was crazy when I got off the water at 3.